We need to set a deadline....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Apr 29, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

We need to set a deadline....

for these cuts to be made next season. It is not fair that they are putting so much on the boards shoulders and not fair to the other owners that were up last night waiting. They need to be responsible for their own teams without us holding their hands. I propose that we set up a deadline for cuts to be made. We put in the post that if you do not make your cuts by the deadline, the board will be forced to make them for them. We then set up guidelines so it does not show any favoritism. We cut the closest person to the average for the above cut and the bottom 2 players in their top 20 ,regardless of who they are or what they play. We post on the front page that all owners read and sign that they understand. If they do not make the deadline, we make the cuts for them at midnight. if they complain, we tell them that they signed the thread to agree and move on.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i just got a message from chrisdstan that his GF has cancer and he is trying to take care of her and the kids and work so he can't do his cuts. I told him we would do them for him. We nee to figure out what teams arent done and just do it for them so that we can move on and hand out warnings.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Good lord. Well he just debbie downered me. I was trying to put my foot down and he had to say that. Now I feel bad. I can look to see who has and who hasnt done their cuts and post it in here.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Web,

You said you had time today at work. Could you make cuts for all teams who have not? You talked about a deadline....I posted one.....it was last night at midnight! I posted this on Monday. In the post it says we will make cuts for you if you havent.

So there ya go! If you can do this that would be aweseom.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I talked to Frisk about helping from here, but he needed me to get on AIM to explain the process. I can't get on AIM or AIM express at work so I could not get in touch with him. I am here another 3 hours. Anything I can do to help I would. Good job on the deadline. Sorry I missed that post.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

biggest help would be to do this:
    get a google doc log in
    get frisk to give you permissions to edit cap book
    open up the team management threads and start on page 2
    go team by team.
    open up a teams thread and open up their cap book
    manually remove and add all players they have cut and traded for
    see if your numbers match
    if they match then the team is set to go, make a post in that thread telling them so.
    if they do not match then post what your numbers are on the cap book and post in that thread that says your numbers are off and they need to check and confirm the mistake or their mistake.
    After doing their cap book and team management thread you send them a message telling them to check their thread on AIM and PM here.
    After that you move to the next team.
    really easy but helps move this process along.

if you get to a team who hasnt posted anything then you cut them for them and post.