We really need to pick up the pace.

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BRUCE80, Aug 10, 2009.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

We really need to pick up the pace.

Is it just me or does it seem like we are slower then ever? I hope this isnt a sign of things to come.

Its our first season. Maybe we should have taken a longer break with 09... I dont know.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

TT2 is like 4-5 weeks ahead of us and we started the same day. we're gonna get lapped by our little brothers...:sad:

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

1 main reason.....game disconnects have slowed things down. The past week 8 for some reason took like 5 days....again b/c of game disconnects.

and yes we should lead the way.......we are Tradition 1!!!

5. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

wasn't aware it was a race ...

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

well now you know...

[​IMG]

7. BlyGilmore

lol ... how about you know its not a race. who cares if another league is advancing quicker than us. to me that just says those guys have no lives ;-)

8. BRUCE80

When you are 5-3 like me its a race to put this season in the rear view mirror. (y)

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Last year we were the bar on how the other premier leagues should pace their league. It would look bad as Tradition One to be behind all the other Premier Leagues....IMO!!

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think it's just important that someone is setting the bar with content and advancement. Although, those aren't the only things that matter.

JMS wants to make TT I a Premier Premier league, lol.

11. Maynard

Maynard Banned

or they are more dedicated ;)

12. BlyGilmore

but mostly no lives.

13. BlyGilmore

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

I'd like things to be quicker but I actually think we have been doing a pretty good job. Last week did take for ever but we had 3 user games. Some times fall into place and they get knocked out in 1 day it just took 5 (n).

I really dont feel like we have been waiting on anybody. I mentioned this when we set up our league this way before the season started. Last year alot of our user games were grouped together at the start of the season and that makes the advances quicker. When they are spaced out its going to take longer.

We are ahead of pace from last year. Look how long the off-season took!

Season 1
    07-21-08 Week 1 starts
    09-04-08 Bowl games are complete
    09-15-08 Off-season complete
    Total 56 Days
    National Champions: Texas Tech

I second this. You gotta enjoy the flavor a little bit. Besides everone knows what happened with the tortoise and the hare.

Bruce I think I felt like this 9 times last season. And with the class your building I would want to hurry up too.

15. BRUCE80

Side note to this is the fact that the T we were talking about gave me a soft commit last week and so did the G I am after. Bolden the Ath I was after signed on the line too. Pretty sure he is Anquan's little bro! :HoosierHoo:

If those two sign the rest of this class is gravy pretty pleased with the class so far. Next year will be rough with a very young team and oline overall but the process has started. UT will have its day in the sun.

The season hasnt been all bad really...There was only one loss where the game was outta hand and that game was just strange anyway. I lost to Georgia by a late TD and Bama on the road by five and made a ton of mistakes. We arent that far away.

16. BlyGilmore

keep in mind too there's a patch coming and we don't know what its going to do yet. considering all the progression issues I don't think its a bad thing if we aren't into the offseason yet when the patch hits.

Bruce I dunno - keep in mind you don't have me to give you a few top classes this time before you took over.

17. jfosh

jfosh Super

Like Frieder did for Fisher before he left Michigan.

What have you heard on the patch?

18. BRUCE80

Who were these studs you speak of? When I took over the Qbs were garbage, WRs not much better and the D players I won the title with had zero to do with the previous regime. McGuffie and Hackett were fantastic backs but the year I won Hackett got hurt the first game and Sweet Pedro Lee a freshman afterthought (I recruited) of a back carried the load for the Wolverines.

McGuffie was my favorite player of the last dynasty..you left him for me too. But he was long gone when I won it.

I had to clean house.....;)

You did leave me a nice T who you got when the CPU finished the recruiting the year you left and a decent QB who played one season before a freshman I recruited took over...Sweet Bobby Horn (BCS ring).

19. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Sam McGuffie is a real player, so Bly can't take credit for him. ;p

20. BlyGilmore

last i heard EA is keeping the timing of the patch and what is going to be in it close to the vest. all that "we don't want to tell you we're fixing something and then not fix it" nonsense.

21. jfosh

jfosh Super

Right...under promise and over deliver....aslong as they deliver.

Disconnect has got to be at the top of the list.
    Progression
    Autosub
    Fix KO return when cpu run block is adjusted.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

How about when I formation sub to a run my QB doesnt do the quiet crowd animation.

23. BlyGilmore

you're right, you're right. i'm sure me taking a team with no QBs over 80 overall, a B- offense and turning them into a top 10 team with two/three top five recruiting classes, while you flounder out on the left coast barely cracking the top 25, had nothing to do with Michigan's success :-p

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Bruce left me a nice team :)

25. jfosh

jfosh Super

I forgot about that one.

He is quieting the crowd,,,oh wait its a dive.