Wed Clubs 03/30/11

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by MoonBBad, Mar 28, 2011.

1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

@drwfan99
    @Pagamer07
    @JFace907
    @ryalaman
    @KillerNuts
    @elprez98
    @RynoAid
    @Colemanchu
    @Maxattax34
    @Basis4aDay56
    @FacePlant City
    @fecnik
    @KoG CHEESEDIP
    @HackGolfer
    @NQR Del
    @KnightNoles
    @Timpegoose
    @Bryan Colmenares
    @Darlon
    @fish13346390

I just took this from the last thread, so if there are people I am missing, please add them to this. I want to get this going a bit earlier this week so we can hash out positions as it looks like we might be making some changes...

@Drifterbub - we had a lot of talk in last weeks thread about the lack of finishing up front. Sorry guys who have been playing up there in the past, LOL, not trying to call anyone out in particular so please don't take it that way. Anyways, let's try to hash out who we think should play what position throughout the few days leading up till Wednesday so people can make changes to their pros beforehand and we can get going on time.

@Players with low ratings, can some of you please take the time to work on those achievements before Wednesday? There are a ton of threads and strategies out there to help you burn through them. There are different settings you can do in order to make it easier to get them quickly. If you need suggestions just ask. @NQR Del - Del has like all of the achievements so I am sure he can add some input if you need help.

As always we are starting at 8:30pm central time/9:30pm east. Please be there on time, it fucking sucks to sit there and wait.

So without further delay, who is...

IN
    MoonBBad
    Drifterbub
    Bryan Colmenares
    Face
    HackGolfer
    Fecnik
    KillerNuts
    Cheese

OUT

DON'T KNOW
    Cole
    Goose
    elPrez
    Del

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm in. Your tag did not work for me. Be sure to leave a few spaces after the username.

I can't set the formations until I know who is coming. Hopefully 90% of the people don't respond after 2 pm on wed afternoon.

3. MoonBBad

4. MoonBBad

Tried it again leaving spaces after the username. Hopefully it works now.

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't think the tags go out in quotes. Maybe, maybe not.

6. MoonBBad

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

still didn't get alerted @MoonBBad

I think you have to go through and do it yourself instead of copying and pasting the "@" and the name

But

I'm OUTTIE five hundred... major school work due Monday

8. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

still didnt get the notice, :p but i got to 81 :D lol and yeah, wednsday im on...practice tomorrow before the big match(es)

9. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Should be there.

10. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Planning on being on.. I don't think I have ever had one of your tags work Moon.

11. fecnik

fecnik Walk On

ill be there.

12. MoonBBad

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    He doesn't have one. I'm still trying to convince him to sign up.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

im a maybe.

15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm also a maybe, it depends on how much of a project I get done before then. Programming can take quite a while for me at times, I suck at it... lol.

16. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I'm a maybe. If wife is home...no. If not, then yes!!!

17. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Ill play this week...

ST 89
    RW 91
    CAM 89
    RM 89
    CM 86

18. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

I have had a busy time with Helen's hospital the last 4 days n the next 2 but i should be able to if i can stay awake.

19. fecnik

fecnik Walk On

caffeine...its a helluva drug.

I hope shes doing better man.

20. MoonBBad

Last call for alcohol...

@KoG CHEESEDIP

Can you play bro? Last time you came, you did really well up front. I would be very interested in seeing what the combination of you and Del up top would be like with myself on the left wing and possibly KillerNutz on the RW... Depending on the formation of course.

21. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

Yes i'll be on for sure!

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    IN
    @MoonBBad
    @Drifterbub
    @Bryan Colmenares
    @FacePlant City
    @HackGolfer
    @fecnik
    @KillerNuts
    @KoG CHEESEDIP
    @NQR Del

Let's try this:

-------GK------ Fecnik
    -RB-CB--CB-LB- CPU Hack CPU Bryan C
    ------CDM----- Face
    ---------------
    --RCM---LCM-- Drifter Del/CPU
    ---------------
    -RW-------LW- Killer Moon
    ------ST------ Cheese

I'll talk to bigdood to see if he can help us out.

4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1)

The idea here is to have a target guy near the box at all times. The CMs have the task of aiding the wingers up the side, occasionally overlapping them. They also will command the attacking center of the field to clean up trash and impede counter attacks. CDM will mainly be a rover to intercept any runs towards our own goal. I would like to see the CDM pressure the ball more and free up our backline to mark any runners in an attempt to prevent the long lobbed thru balls.

If we aren't scoring goals or moving the ball, we will be changing positions up.

23. MoonBBad

I am cool with this, but I really would like to see what we can do with two pure strikers up top. Let's try out a couple formations if we play like crap. I would really like to see what Cheese and Del can do in the box. Dels dude is great with his head and cheese was burying stuff the last time we played. The problem hasn't been the service, it's been the finishing and if both of them are in the box, I see good things happing.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The backside winger should be running towards the back post on crosses. The ST should be at the penalty spot. So there is your two people in the box. This isn't happening, currently. Usually the CMs are beating them to the goal and no one rolls over to pick up the trash. If the CM is in better position than the back-side winger, the winger should roll off to the box and pick up the trash if a cross goes long or is deflected.

The only problem I see with the service is the timing. Headers are much more effective when the ST or W in the box is moving towards the goal. Standing headers are easy to defend. The crosses need to come in based on where the ST is heading into the box, not where you are on the sidelines. It's inconsistent at best.

We've had two strikers up top before. I think we pass better when we have three, but we will see how it works.

Finishing is a huge problem. I think it's a half ratings issue. My pro has the aerial threat ability, and it makes a world of difference.

25. MoonBBad

Alright I will keep that in mind for tonight. I tend to stay out of the box, but I will stay move closer to the back post pending there isn't too much traffic in the box to begin with. I will also work on earlier crosses. Sometimes the issue is I outrun the other forwards, so I will try not to do that so I have support at all times.