Wed/Thurs Clubs

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by MoonBBad, Dec 26, 2012.

1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Drifterbub
    Timpegoose
    Kasper
    JFace907
    HackGolfer
    MartyWebb
    RynoAid
    AJ Hart MN
    Colemanchu
    Roggie
    sawemoff
    Danthraxxx
    hammerhead1010
    Shaun Mason
    MoonBBad
    Connor
    Jon MK

First off, I wanted to say really good stuff for the most part last night. We were able to string together some wins and look pretty dangerous doing so. Some brilliant quick one-two play which led to some excellent goals was really nice to see. I know some of it was being recorded so I am sure we can expect to see some highlights soon.

That being said, let's keep the momentum going shall we gentlemen? I need to get a Madden game in which means I am most likely out for tonight unless it's late, but I wanted to toss this up in case any of the rest of you wanted to get something going. I am off work on Thursday so I am good to go late tonight and anytime tomorrow.

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im not doing more videos unless i get more than 1 like and more than 0 comments... :rolleyes:

3. MoonBBad

The video link you posted on your status update you mean?

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I maybe out for both nights, tonight being my TMFL game and tomorrow I have made plans made. If anything changes I will let yall know!

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I am in , and I may try playing center back or go up top if we have room , seems like if we have more than 4 guys I can't do crap as a midfielder :(

6. MoonBBad

You could always go back to playing keeper...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Shit I think I am even worse at keeper lol

8. MoonBBad

Nah, everyone knows that you are our best option at keeper. We were talking about it last night actually. Having a CPU keeper blows.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

For what its worth i might try to get better at keeper.

Also I might be able to go tonight and tomorrow night, we will see as it gets closer to time to get on.

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Well I think I may be better than the CPU at times , but I always felt our main issue was not scoring rather than giving up a bunch of goals, so I felt I could help more by not being a keeper.....

I will try to get some drop in games keeping and get my mojo back , see if I can help the team more that way.

Sadly , this week and next I am not off work until 11:30 est at best so I might not be around much to play with you guys other than on fri & sat nights :(

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I just watched the embedded video and commented in the form of a forum post, so...

12. MoonBBad

Doesn't count. Like it you dickhead.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I likely am out tonight and tomorrow night because of work. Friday night I should be golden, unless my work gets pushed back a couple of days.

14. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't acknowledge site videos that don't use the TSO pre-roll. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Thursday may be good for me. Playing on XMas Eve really got me wanting more. Would anyone be too terribly opposed to me trying a holding midfielder role out? Could do it at either CDM or just regular CM, pending our formation choice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Personally I think you are the best any we have , my 0.02

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Thursday would be better for me. TMFL game tonight. I'm always up for other people playing Any so I can run that CDM spot.

18. MoonBBad

Sounds like you both want to run a CDM type role. I think both of you would excel in these roles because you are both extremely disciplined players which is crucial for this role. IMO one needs to be a bit more attacking focused, and the other more defensive, but as long as you two communicate effectively I think it could make for a very interesting tandem.

Perhaps we should try to run a formation with two defensive midfielders... Any suggestions, maybe the 4-2-3-1?

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

For what it's worth Goose, and part of me is saying this so I can try to keep that CDM spot (my favorite) I think you would be nice to have at CAM -- also Ryno is a great option there. IMO Drifter should be up front scoring goals like last cycle. Drifter and Radar are our best options at the striker spots if you ask me.

2 cents added..

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We need to be more consistent offensively than defensively if you ask me. Once we get that one goal we are usually great defensively if everyone focuses on it the rest of the game. To go along with my above post though, I do enjoy playing CB if it means getting Goose or JFace up front

21. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think Conner played well too when he played, could use him again.

22. MoonBBad

OK which is fine. So what is your proposed starting XI?

23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I think me and JFace907 would run shit at CDM. I just think that position of kinda hanging back distributing the ball fits both of our styles pretty well.

Tactics wise, I think it all depends on how many people we have on. If all of the midfield spots aren't taken, I think the Any should have a choice of a couple of different formations. Its a bitch to play if you don't know where your CPU midfielders are, so familiarity there is key. If we have all of the midfield and striker spots filled I definitely like the 4-2-3-1. It gives us 3 attacking mid options which everybody loves so much, and is just a fundamentally sound formation.

24. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Depends who we have but, I guess ideally:

[​IMG]

Ironically, I put Drifter at CAM-- but I will go over why I put each person where I did.

Myself and JFace907 at CB - I feel we are a good tandem and communicate well together once we get going. Once we get a few games under our belts playing together here I think we could be really good once we know each other's tendencies.

Shaun Mason and sawemoff at RB and LB - Saw has really come along, and him and Cole could maybe switch around because Saw has looked good on his crosses. Shaun knows the position as he has played it a lot- he has a good feel for when to join the attack, though I do think he needs to get a little better at staying in position defensively, but overall I think he is very good here.

Timpegoose at CDM - He just plain knows what he is doing here. You said so yourself Moon, he does a great job of keeping a good pace to the game and will always be reliable at this spot (always in position, good passer, etc.)

RynoAid and Colemanchu at the Left and Right Mid spots - I like these two here because they both have a great mix of moves and aren't intimidated with getting around defenders in one on one situations. This is part of the reason I like Cole here more than Saw.

Drifterbub at CAM - Is a good passer and an unselfish player. From what I have seen, he is always willing to make the extra pass to get a great shot- rather than take a good shot from where he gets the ball. In a nutshell I would say great "vision".

RadarRider and MoonBBad at Forward - Radar is a great target man, and Moon really had a nice game the other night with his two goals in one match. Radar gives us the target for crosses, while I think MoonBBad does a great job of staying in good attacking position and being where he needs to be for our attack to be successful-- good finisher too that knows some creative ways to get it into the net.

That's what I think....

25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Eh