Wednesday 12/21/11 Clubs

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by MoonBBad, Dec 21, 2011.

1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Let's try to build off our success Monday night gents. Hopefully we can get a good showing. Let's keep a few things in mind for this evening:

1. Remember your spacing -- let's play our positions, if you feel the need to ball watch slap yourself in the face repeatedly until that thought is gone from your head. It does no one any good to always run to where the ball is.

2. If you are on defense, make sure you hit select to the camera follows you and not the ball that way you can make sure you are in line with the rest of your mates on defense.

3. COMMUNICATE -- we all wanna chat and have a good time while we're playing, but let's make the point to communicate with each other. If you want to make a run down the wing by performing a give and go with another player let them know. If you are cutting back across the box and are wide open for a good look let the person with the ball know. Communication is key.

4. Play the easy pass -- too many times we try to force the ball for some ridic pass, play what's in front of you or directly behind you if the pressure is too great. Sometimes it might take 3 or 4 passes to create space vs just one pass that will get intercepted.

Alright, let's have a good time, and win an effin cup!

Kickoff is at 8:00pm central 9:00pm east

Timpegoose
    Colemanchu:doodie:
    KnightNoles:confused:
    elprez98(y)
    Danthraxxx(y)
    abolishthefed
    KillerNuts
    Shaun Mason
    RyanC
    Drifterbub:confused:
    RynoAid
    FacePlant City
    ctvolfan
    ryalaman
    BlyGilmore
    PIG BOMB(y)
    fecnik
    mcyork(y)
    MoonBBad (y)
    bigdood33
    DelZaster
    hammerhead1010(y)

IN = (y)
    OUT = :doodie:
    MAYBE = :confused:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

3. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

You know it (y)

4. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i'm in if we play attacking soccer with 2 or 3 forwards...442 or 433 or 343

4231 or any other defensive formation that relies on 1 forward and has basically 6 defenders is a snoozefest and im out
    how many of us really wants to play defense or d-mid anyway?

anyway we have nothing to lose... we are not highly ranked nor have we won any cups.....lets attack!!

again i recommend we set tactics to attack or all out attack so our players are positioned is further up the field on restarts allowing us to press the other team better.... we always play defensive and we have not won any cups and rarely win more than a game or two on any night we play...obviously this setting is not as important if we have ton of actual players playing compared to computer guys...however it does matter on restarts like throw-ins and goal kicks

my 2 cents

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Can't argue we didn't have some success Monday. I wouldn't change from that gameplan too much.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't disagree about having more forwards. But a few things:

1) If you are under 5'10'', are controlling a CPU generated guy or otherwise have terrible heading attributes then get the hell out of the box on set pieces. Let someone else take a path to the ball that can actually do something with it. Take your guy and pick up the trash.

2) We are playing less than 5% good crosses into the box. It takes a lot more than hitting X. Learn how to get the ball to curve onto the head of an attacker. This is the main reason the 1-up-top formations are sucking balls for us. Delivery has been absolute shit.

3) Setting the tactics to attack is the worst thing you can do with a CPU back line. side mids push way too far up the field and don't necessarily do anything for your attack besides get in the way. Then your CBs come forward for set pieces. Most of which have negative ratings in jumping, heading, finishing and just about every other meaningful attribute.

4) Some of you still don't understand the passing game. When to keep the ball on the ground, when to lead, when to play direct and when to lob. Please stop lobbing the ball up every chance you get. Please stop holding the ball forever. Forwards, stop making runs every time expecting the lobbed thru ball. Drop into a space, take the pass and let someone overlap you or make a run. We turn the ball over so much that it just wears our attackers out before the 65' minute.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm a big maybe for tonight. I have offseason night for The Deuce.

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

So.... you're sayin you're in right? ;)

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I say we run a 5-4-1 then....

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I am down will be on guy is at an 88 cb working on cdm I want another shot at that spot if we don't have a full team if not will move back to RCB or LCB

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

now an 89

• Like Like x 3
  13. MoonBBad

This is my biggest problem... Not everyone can be a forward. The first thing you need to worry about is where the fuck you are on the field. I agree, we need to play attacking soccer, but that doesn't mean following the ball everywhere, running into the box when you are a defensive mid all the time, and being all over the damn field. All that's happening is you are creating excessive amounts of traffic and it makes it very difficult to find space. I and others have said things to you about it before and it keeps happening.

If you don't think you can be disciplined to handle a defensive mid role if that's what you need to play for the evening, then you're better off not playing. Cause all it does is fuck shit up for the rest of us if you're out of position. That's my .02.

14. MoonBBad

Dude you have really stepped up your game and put in the time to make your pro really good. You've really improved. Keep it up man, you're becoming an important member of this club. Glad you'll be around tonight.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So we can add you as an "In" ?

If so hope you play any again , IMO probably the best defensive any we have had since JFace907 or AJ

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I do!

17. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

York what are you doing to get all these ratings boosts? I got my CB up to 81 but my CDM is still a 77 -78.

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Not trying to pile on here pig but I gotta agree with Moon ...

I play a ton of pro ranked and that is how those random guys play , 9 guys in the box because nobody sans to play the correct position. We can't all score , I dislike playing defender because I am bad at it, not cause I wanna score goals . We had a good run Monday when we started we had some wins right off rip with guys having good spacing and playing together, once we hade 9 guys that makes spacing harder and I dont think we refocused on it and struggled for a bit IMO.

Guess my point is we are heading in right direction , let's stay focused and team orientated so we can get some wins and have some fun , me first attitude won't help anybody.

19. MoonBBad

It depends what u are playing. You prob have more defensive accomplishments which is why your rating goes down at cdm. You prob need to focus on passing. Long passes especially. That should bump it up.

20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Cheesing his ass off :p

Won't speak for that dude but www.blameyourany.com is the bet resource IMO for fast come up

• Like Like x 1
  21. MoonBBad

Agreed...

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

No I'm out headed to the air port to pick up my parents in a couple hours. And I hate playing "ANY" just so you know, but somebody has to it. :mad:

23. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

well 90% i play with you i have been an attacking mid or winger

and im also sitting here watching MANU play right now vs Fulham.... Nani who is the left winger just made a near post run across the goal to the right side, while center mid giggs made a back post run, rooney made the slot run,while the Welbeck made a checking run to the ball that was out wide right with Valencia, thats the kind of creative play i have always done as a player and coached for my youth teams.... if you think our players are not smart enough to run a system like that i can park it and hang out in an imaginary box....although im not sure how we will create chances if players are not switching, overlapping, exchanging, and flooding zones

tonight i'll gear my pro up to be a striker and score some goals which we have been lacking big time...if you are full and dont need a striker i can sit out

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

there you go, take on for the team and switch to striker. just watch out for those defenders they are a bitch to sprint straight into.

you are like a combination of carlos tevez's attitude but with jonathan bornstein skills.

25. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

do you have a problem with me or something?? WTF??? i dont recall attacking you personally or insulting you