Wednesday Clubs - 6/20

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by HackGolfer, Jun 20, 2012.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

probably out, maybe later though depending on when i get home.

3. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

A definitely maybe at this point, I need to figure out exactly what I am doing today so I'll come back with info later.

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It depends on when I get home.

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'm a Yes.

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

What up bitches hammerhead1010 you down tonight? I will be there a little late though 10 eastern or so

8. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

in (y)

• Like Like x 1
  9. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I can play.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You guys who do not have your pro's passing attributes up need to get those traits up. It kills us to turn the ball over needlessly in the offensive half.

Build him up or set him up as a GK, CB, SB or CDM.

11. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Drift would you say my pro's passing was good enough last night? I'm just trying to see how I did on the wing

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'll be around at some point tonight

• Like Like x 1
  13. MoonBBad

I am going to be blatantly honest in some assessments.

Danthraxxx -- you're a much better goalie than midfielder. You're too indecisive, too much dancing around, etc.
    CalebMackie -- You did pretty well. Made some good plays, but if your pro was better, you'd be even better and would be a force on the wing
    fuzzyl0gic -- too many turnovers, pushed forward too much, too many turnovers.
    HackGolfer -- did pretty well for a pro that sucks balls. You made some great plays on the back line there. Again, if you get your pro up, you'd be really good back there.
    Timpegoose -- man you make me nervous when you have the ball on the backline as an ANY cause you like to hold it, but to your credit, you very rarely if ever gave the ball up. Pretty good job as our ANY.

We turned the ball overall too many times in the midfield. Held the ball too long a lot, made poor passing decisions (eg over the top to a player a long distance away when there was another player right in front of you), stuck to one side of the midfield most of the game, had crappy service in the box, etc...

I don't know if you guys noticed, but the last few games we played, when we made shorter, quicker passes, found lanes to run, and kept the ball on the ground we were more successful. No hard feelings please on my critiques, I am just trying to be honest, and I am not trying to bash anyone. I cannot stress enough how important those three CM roles are in the midfield when we run the 4-3-3. PIG BOMB and Timpegoose can probably concur since they play/coach soccer... Those three players in our formation control the pace and dictate the attack.

I personally think we should play the more defensive of the 4-3-3's without the CAM the one with the CDM and the RCM and LCM pushed slightly higher of the CDM. The CDM in this formation needs to roam the middle of the field there, stay back and be the link between the midfielders and the three forwards. Between the RCM and LCM they need to pick their spots to come forward and provide support for the two wingers to come back with the ball if necessary to re-set.

It's OK to go back to go forward. People love to sometimes just run to a corner and force a bad ball into the box, or cut back on their own and make a play when there might be a CDM who's sitting back behind them 10-15 yards back that they could pass back to so the point of attack can be switched.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

15. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

MoonBBad thanks, I think after I turned everything off manual I had maybe 1 turnover though (compared to a turnover every freaking time I passed on manual). It made a HUGE difference. My pro is now an 80 OVR as a mid-fielder so he is getting there. Let me know if I do better tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MoonBBad

Ah that's right. You were on manual. Good catch. Let that be a lesson to you all make sure you always are either on semi or assisted before you enter clubs. Especially those of us who are in the tfl where it is a manual only league.

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

But MoonBBad I look so sexy as a 5'2 winger with the huge Afro ;)

I can return to goal of that's prefered , I am a team player.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Sorry not tonight. I'm in the middle of a move and don't have internet atm. I had a lot of fun hopping back in clubs last week though.

19. MoonBBad

Listen, this isn't a dictatorship. I was just giving my opinion of what I think people are best at and I definitely think you're a better keeper than midfielder. Everyone is free to play where they like to play. :) Benefit of sticking to one position, or at least a similar position is it builds the team chemistry and you really nail down that position.

20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I didn't say it was moon ?

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Or you could just not try to do too much. Your pro is good enough to execute if you keep it simple.

You may try playing the sidebacks as a simple winger role.

22. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think it's an issue of user error / lack of footy intelligence , keeper is pretty easy for me mentally lol

23. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Let's gooooooooo

24. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'll be on as soon as i chow and finish this damn live update

25. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

KnightNoles They started without us. How long are these games...because waiting in the lobby sucks. :(