Wednesday Offseason... 10 PM EST

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Let's be clear we are going to whiz through offseasons this year. The advances tend to take awhile but I will do everything in my power to make it go fast.

First key... In case anybody doesn't know there are no new recruits in the offseason. So therefore, there's no reason to waste time on recruiting players in the offseason... Other than maybe 1-2 weeks. I plan on us doing 2 weeks. No adding players in week 1, just recruit your current board and get it over with.

Week 2, same thing. If somebody isn't signed when we're in week 2 then set your shit to auto for visit invites.. Just don't let them add recruits to your board.

As for tracking recruits, what we need to do is go to our board before the offseason, and add everybody that we think we can get to there, and then go back later and confirm who was signed.

Starting next year... We're going to go to a system where you can only sign a maximum of 72 players for your roster... 70 plus 2 cuts. Also, in cuts, you can only cut to a minimum of 68 players if you are over that number to start with. So in preseason next year, we will all have to state how many guys we have on the roster and how many recruiting slots we have; once that's filled, that's it.

CUTS AND POSITION CHANGES please scout these out before hand so that we can get through these damn offseasons quickly. If recruiting is no longer an issue then we need to make this take an hour, hour and a half max. I don't want to spend 15 minutes in cuts or position changes etc.

Is there anybody that cannot make Wednesday? max said he's at a water park but said he will be able to make an offseason. I guess he just testing us to see if anybody's gay and asks him what kind of speedo he will wear or something....

Mogriffjr
    HotRod
    smlVICTORIES53
    Twister18
    jfosh
    Gravity
    mboda
    jms493
    MaxATX34
    Ceewo
    bravejaf

• Like Like x 2
  2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

May not be on the box for the start of it but I'll do it on computer

• Like Like x 1
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

That time might be cutting it close for me, but I still want to get it done tomorrow.

Noob question... but can you do offseason from the wire?

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yes

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I may have to do mine on the computer, either way I will be able to get mine done.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ah ok. Then count me in. Lets knock this out! Are we going to do preseason as well?

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I... don't think so. I haven't looked into scheduling at all, and I have some plans for late tomorrow night.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

HotRod ok'd us to advance, so we have advanced to Players Leaving.

Tip for any who may have not done an offseason yet is to use the online dynasty to see your roster and see if you can realistically promise playing time and things of that nature to the players that wanna leave. I know personally I do not know this shit by heart yet lol give me 2-3 more seasons.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I gotta be at work by 6:30 AM EST so I can't stay past 11 :mad:

BTW done with Player's Leaving. I only have 1 guy leaving early and not going to try swaying him back. He would at best be a third string linebacker.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  10. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

ill be there

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

My players leaving is done

12. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

NC State players leaving is complete. 1 57 overall CB is transferring and 5 players drafted, including 1 first rounder, SS Earl Wolf.

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Gamecocks are done. We persuaded Connor Shaw to come back bc he really had no reason to leave in the first place! Projected 6th round pick, HA!

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
  15. mboda

mboda Walk On

I'll do mine when I get off of work at 3pm cst

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Lost both Freshman that tried to transfer. Sad about losing QB Matt Davis especially, but I dont think it will be too tough to find a replacement for him next season.

17. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

We were able to talk back our only defensive player worth a flying fuck, LOLB Jeremiah Attaochu. FR(rs) Vad Lee was slated to start next season but decided he wanted to leave because of playing time. Guess being the starter is too much playing time. He is taking his stupid ass to Vanderbilt where I'm sure he'll enjoy getting dry humped up and down the field all year by the likes of Alabama,LSU, South Carolina etc. Logic in this game is fucking retarded.

Now to decide between two semi shitty qbs or the walk-on that will be filling the 3rd string spot since this wasn't a need position.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    What did you use to persuade him?

19. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Didn't matter. When the odds are VERY LOW for a transfer they are leaving. But just for shits and gigs; offered him playing in 9 games, 200 carries, 200 pass attempts

20. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

21. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    persuaded my LB to come back...i am done.

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    he has a great name btw, Steele Devito...AWESOME

• Like Like x 2
  23. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

No one leaving early. I can dig it.

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Hellisan - I will be out of town all day Saturday and Sunday with no Xbox access. If possible can I get a bye in week 2 or 3, based on whenever we get to preseason. If we get through preseason tonight and into week 1, I probably need a bye for week 3. If it is a CPU game I should be able to find a replacement.

25. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ill Take Miss State early in the season....thanks.(y)