Wednesday update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Wednesday update

Hey all,

4 games left on the slate. We will advance on Thursday night (or earlier if the games are completed).

A couple things to note:

1. Thanks to the guys who were posting highlights. There is some good stuff up there on the site.

2. Just a reminder (more for the guys who weren't in MEGA before), you can't move players on defense during presnap. You can take control of any player, but can't move him out of his default lineup position.

3. We'll be adding a new owner from the PC ranks. His name is Red, coming to us from OMFL/KAFL. I'll get his info on the site, I think he'll be taking the Jags.

2. Josh

Josh Guest

Well done on getting Red... feel free to move him out of my division though. These rules as far as I know mirror OMFL's, (omfl's were more strict from what i've heard/seen) so those of us from there shouldn't have any problem with the transition. You hear of any shenanigans from former OMFL guys, you let me know so I can personally punch them in the neck. I spent too much time enforcing that crap to keep from making us look bad.

3. Mags

LOL, nice...

Yeah, the core group of us have been together for years, so the rules are a bit lax in the sense that we all know what we've done and are supposed to do. So there are some unwritten things, like that, that we just take for granted b/c we all don't do it. It's not a problem, just something a few guys had observed.

As for Red, I think he asked specifically for the Jags so he 'could teach that jackass Antuus a lesson.' At least that's what I think. Heh. ;)

4. Mags

LOL, nice...

Yeah, the core group of us have been together for years, so the rules are a bit lax in the sense that we all know what we've done and are supposed to do. So there are some unwritten things, like that, that we just take for granted b/c we all don't do it. It's not a problem, just something a few guys had observed.

As for Red, I think he asked specifically for the Jags so he 'could teach that jackass Antuus a lesson.' At least that's what I think. Heh. ;)

5. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

2 Times. LOL

6. Kan

Kan Walk On

Double True.

7. Josh

Josh Guest

Well I for one am not looking forward to it. He's one of those madden "nerds" that I can't seem to top. I score 35 he'll score 52. bleh.

8. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

just to make sure im on point.... i cannot move anyone pre-snap except the guy im controlling right? i can move the player i am controlling pre-snap as long as i stay on him until the play is under way? just wanna make sure i follow rules accordingly.

9. Mags

Including the guy you are controlling... IE, if you are a LB, you can't move him up/back/outside, or a S, can't move him out of his original position pre-snap.

You can do shifts, fake blitz audible, etc... to move the guys around though if that makes sense.

10. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

The rules state the opposite?

4. Defense
    04.01 - Moving Players Before the Snap
    On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, moving individual defensive players before the snap and then switching off of them is prohibited. If you manually move a player, you must lock on to that player for the remainder of the play.

11. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

The rules state the opposite?

4. Defense
    04.01 - Moving Players Before the Snap
    On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, moving individual defensive players before the snap and then switching off of them is prohibited. If you manually move a player, you must lock on to that player for the remainder of the play.

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

this is what i thought was acceptable. when i played week 1 i made it a point not to move anyone except the guy i was using. i definately moved around pre-snap with just that one guy though.

13. Mags

Ah... someone changed the original MEGA rule. I copied an updated version of our rules for the console and missed that... Here's how our original rule is stated...

On defense, shifting linebackers and the defensive line is permitted. However, moving individual defensive players before the snap is prohibited.

On offense, while motion is permitted, please be realistic and give your opponent time to adjust defensively (see "Motioning" rule).

Constantly spreading or pinching your DL or LBs falls under the rules for mixing up your playcalling.

I am going to go back to these....

14. Mags

No harm done... that's actually a good catch.

Like I said, we've been playing so long together that we just take some of the stuff for granted.

15. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I'm still a bit confused. I play as the safety on defense and I will usually bring him up a little closer to the LOS on run support. This is not allowed?

No biggie - just don't want to start off on the wrong foot. But what if I call a safety blitz? Can I control the blitzing safety and move him to the LOS? I don't think he'll walk up there on his own if I am controlling him??

16. gt86

gt86 Walk On

To keep it simple we are not allow to move anyone pre snap expect by line or lber shift

With that said on allot of plays the safties will come up to the Los on their own so there is no need to manually move them up there.

Again to keep it simple we can't move anyone manually pre snap , and the reasoning for this is because it does away with the BS nano blitzes

17. scarface

scarface Walk On

JESUS CHRIST ... simply put DONT FUCKING CHEESE!!!!
    We all know what over doing shit is and all that so if you think its not kosher dont do it.

18. Mags

Listen to the guy from Wisconsin. They are, after all, cheese experts.

:)

19. Kan

Kan Walk On

Hey dipshit, we have new owners who don't know the exact rules, stop being a fucking dick.

20. scarface

scarface Walk On

its not being a dick its called ,,,,,,saying the truth.
    What is megas motto? play STRAIGHT, by now everyone knows what that is if you are moving a guy into a gap soley for the purpose of gaining an advantage over the A.I. to get something fast than yes is against the rules.
    common sense here, I have no problem with a guy moving a player into the gap and controlling him too, but and I mean BUT rules are rules and cheap gameplay is cheap gameplay and EVERYONE knows what that is.

And I am not saying questions shouldnt be asked about rules but you if need to ask questions about rules you are close to the borderline already. just my .02

Love me, hate me but I will call a spade a spade and an apple an orange if I so desire.

21. Mags

AAAAAAnyway. Only a couple of games left. We may be able to advance early. Polo won't be around. I know Styk is playing his. I haven't heard from Irod or karlchilders.

22. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

I demand a rematch. LOL

Last mintue and still games to be played. I guess some things never change.

23. Mags

Easy... we still have another day before the planned advance.

24. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Just to speak on the motioning thing. I understand the concern about moving men in position to cheese but those days are over. The offensive line has shifts and you can hot route a lot of people to block. So basically there is no cheese anymore in moving the man you control. Nanos are different cause you have to move multiple people into position just to set it up and the rule of controlling only one person cancels that out.

I think cheesing in this game is a thing of the past. There are some minor exploits but they are controlled by rules that are in place.