Week 1 2010 Now Open - Deadline 8.5.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Aug 2, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 1 2010 Now Open - Deadline 8.5.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 1 Now Open.

Please complete by August 5, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST.

Couldn't find the video but per request:

[YOUTUBE]-_88BGtp1zE[/YOUTUBE]​

Great Song! (y)

And along the more "traditional" GBN sound track:

[YOUTUBE]8PaoLy7PHwk[/YOUTUBE]​

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

After finishing gms please be sure to upload videos/highlights. I plan on trying to make a GBN show on a weekly (real life time) basis.

B if u still want to co-host we need to get together and chat.

3. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

After finishing gms please be sure to upload videos/highlights. I plan on trying to make a GBN show on a weekly (real life time) basis.

B if u still want to co-host we need to get together and chat.

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yes it is thought it would be a great way to kick off lol

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Are we supposed to use dynasty wire or are we supposed to post here?

Will get game in later, my recruiting is done though.

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

UF crushes Dat U 73-21. It wasn't this bad through three quarters, though. UF got a TAINT (Touchdown After INT) from a deflected ball by there DE, then another TAINT on a tipped ball by thier CB. To twist the knife and break it off, my QB fumbled inside their 20. They recover and 3 plays later score again.

The drops plague UM. 9 drops kill any chance of hope. 1 was a TD, 3 others were 1st downs, and that's when I stopped worrying about it.

Still, it was a good feeling in the game. I like the settings. :)

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

roadhouse>Is your catching set to conservative? If it isn't already that would eliminate a few of the drops.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I'm going to double check it, but I think it was set there. If not, then I'll certainly be checking it every series I play from now on. Mainly it was two guys. One had 4 drops, one had 3, two other guys developed Baylor Paws.

Ugh. We covered the spread, at least. Vegas had us at -53. So that's one down, now I have to wait for Cincy and Mizzou to roll out the red carpet for us.

9. NDCOLTS1979

Toledo grabs one committ

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I haven't really checked out DW that much but if you can download the videos from DW that will work. If not if you could upload them to EASW and then to You Tube that would be great. (y)

11. NDCOLTS1979

Got smacked down 36-22 by arizona. My team absolutely sucks at tackling Grisby ran all over our ass. Lost my starting qb for 7 weeks not a great start

12. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

FYI - In playing with it in another OD I'm in it looks like I can just take the vids images from Dynasty Wire.

Also, if anyone wants to volunteer for the first Coaches Interview on (Show Name TBD) let me know.

I (and hopefully B) will set up a time that works for the people involved and I think I can record the skype call and use the audio for the show.

13. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Has anyone tried recruiting on the CPU (not the console)? I'm toying with the idea but fear something crazy will happen.

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Buffalo beat the FCS team 35-28. The Bulls were solid on offense all game. Defense only had 1 solid quarter. Game was 14-14 at half but the defense forced 2 turnovers after Buffalo had a 61 yard completion for TD to take lead. When score was 35-14 in 3rd Buffalo tried to play overly conservative on offense. That seemed to fail after FCS scored to make it 35-21 and then recover onside kick and score again to make it 35-28. Buffalo then made a bonehead decision was in onside kick mode FCS kicks deep my returner never picked ball up and almost gave it to FCS inside my 5. Thermilius ran 3 times to get the game cliching first down and Davis took 3 knees from there.

Brandon Thermilius with 146 rushing 2 TDs was player of game. He had a nice 48 yard TD run to tie game at 7 in 1st quarter.

Highlights to follow.

15. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

That's a cold blooded start. Same thing happened to me last year in this fine, fine 'nasty. I had Fresno State and lost my #1 WR for 12 weeks in the first game, and then lost Ryan Mathews for the year in week 5. I hope that shit isn't catchy.

16. NDCOLTS1979

I have recruited on the cpu a couple times. Its a hit and miss. Be very careful i had errors a couple times when made the first pitch and that whole hour or however lone you chose to spend is gone and u get no credit for the call

17. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I set up the recruiting board from the laptop, but had the chance to do it on the PS3 before my game. It's helpful, but yeah, I would hate to lose everything. For example, my preseason board was in a different order than was was shown in week 1. We'll see how this goes.

18. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Yeah I'll probably just stick with sucking at recruiting on the console.

The Commish starts the season out right with a 27-10 victory over 1AA-East (Murray State).

FYI guys stories would go a long way in helping me with the gbn show. just post them in the dynasty wire section and i'll put them together and post them to youtube.

19. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple is gonna kickoff around 4pm tomorrow.

Commish, you would rather us do stories on dynasty wire? I'm gonna have to invest in a keyboard then cause I ain't tapping out stories with that awful screen keyboard.

I know, I know, I'm a slacker.

20. NDCOLTS1979

Yeah it was a kick in teeth Road. like ha u just got ran all over and now smack in the face your qb is done

21. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

CMU gets a scare from the Rhinos of FCS East, leading only 21-17 at halftime, forcing a field goal before the half with a nice stand inside the 10. CMU pitches a shutout in the second half, runs the ball down their throats and rolls, 49-17.

Me-thinks it'll be harder from here on out - except when I play Roady and Rags. (y) (Oh, did I say THAT?)

22. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Dammit. I don't face you and your broken QB. Miami can't catch any breaks.

23. NDCOLTS1979

Lmao well i guess see u on the recruiting trail. Hey at least good news from week 1 i did get a commit from a :3stars:

24. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Please. I played Florida, you played Florida School for the Deaf & Blind. I know it'll be a lot harder for you, once you start playing men's college teams.

There you go again, riding the big program for the early boost!

25. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On