Week 1 2010

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Jul 18, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 1 2010

Shall we?

WKU @ #15 Oklahoma
    AR St @ #20 Arkansas
    EMU vs Utah State
    ULL @ #17 LSU
    ULM @ # Texas
    MTS @ Tennessee
    WMU @ Michigan
    UAB @ Auburn
    Kent @ #2 tOSU
    Idaho @ @19 Oregon St
    Army @ @22 UNC

The game's early ranking for the conference:

WMU
    Idaho
    Mid Tenn
    AR St
    Kent
    ULM
    UAB
    Utah St
    Army
    ULL
    WKU
    EMU

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Man it's release week... Why so quiet?

3. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Been a busy day for me... will be on in a couple hours to suck it up in week 1

4. DirtycashDylan

$100 says we go 0- in week 1 non-conf.

Don't forget guys, if you restart and can't prove it's legit than your game results will get thrown out.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

UAB does not have a bad team. They are definitely the team to beat. They are better than quite a few 3 star teams on the game. Either a 76 or 79 overall on the game I think.

6. DirtycashDylan

and don't forget to post game recaps in the appropriate week's thread. I think we should keep the "Game Summaries" subforum for special games we would want to go read about 2 seasons from now ie epic CPU games, user vs user rivalry games and conference championship games.

7. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

My bad. ha

8. DirtycashDylan

no problem at all.

9. DirtycashDylan

Looks like we'll be upping the difficulty to Heisman next week. I don't know how you guys are beating these teams. Maybe I'm the only one still struggling to win CPU games I should win.

10. DirtycashDylan

11. CUFreeze

CUFreeze Walk On

My game against UNC was tough. Their D is awesome. They dont have a great Offense and I was able to hold them to field goals. i scored all my points in the second half.

I don't think we need to up to Heisman. The AI in Heisman seems a little cheap.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I couldn't make the bleeding stop...I tried everything, but nothing stopped Ohio St from kicking my teeth in...It was ugly

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

DirtyCash,

I just saw that you said I broke gameplay rules on last years version. I didn't break shit son... I'm gonna run the score up on your ass for that

14. DirtycashDylan

you did (scrambled prematurely on the reg) but you sucked so bad we didn't stress about it. It's all good buddy, you're learning.

15. DirtycashDylan

The Heisman AI makes up for their shitty play calling. We shouldn't have wins over UNC and Auburn and God knows who else in season 1 with these teams. but nice wins guys :)

I'm going to look into sliders before I up to Heisman.

16. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Man, I already got smoked on AA, I can just imagine how much Texas would run it up on me on Heisman. I'm in for a LOOOOOONG season....

17. DirtycashDylan

I'm off to buy a new XBOX.

those mother fuckers...

18. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yea I lost to Michigan who isn't even that great. I think Dylan has the only game left.

19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

The hell I did... I might have rolled out early some, but i rarely ran with the QB. Even when I had RG3, I didn't run much with the QB.

20. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Utah State 17 @ Eastern Michigan 7 -
    Scoring Summary:

Second Quarter:
    06:01 TD Utah State Robert Turbin HB #6 5 yard rush
    01:47 TD Utah State Robert Turbin HB #6 77 yard rush
    00:00 FG Utah State Peter Caldwell P #8 19 yard field goal

Fourth Quarter:
    03:57 TD Eastern Michigan Kinsman Thomas WR #1 32 yard pass from Devontae Payne QB #4

Ypsilanti, Michigan - In the inaugural user vs user contest in the Hard4Yards NCAA '11 campaign, the Utah State Aggies came into Ypsilanti and earned a hard fought 17-7 victory over the home standing Eastern Michigan Eagles. All 17 of Utah State's points came in the second quarter in the contest.

The first quarter overall seemed to be controlled by the EMU running attack which was doing a decent job keeping control of the ball and keeping the Utah State offense off the field. On the Eagles second possession of the contest it appeared as if the Eagles might take an early 3-0 lead, but the EMU kicker Carithers(who btw, graduated last year) kicked the ball 1 yard short. The first quarter ultimately resulted in no scoring.

In the second quarter though, the Aggies of Utah State took control of the contest. Utah State recovered a fumble and ran it back for 35 yards, and Utah State ultimately moved the ball down the field very systematically to take a 7-0 lead. After an EMU punt, Utah State hit the one big play of the contest when Turbin took a well timed option pitch to the house for a 14-0 lead which the Eagles would never ultimately recover. At the end of the first half, it appeared as if the Aggies would take a 21-0 lead and end all doubts but the EMU defense stood their ground right at the end of the half forcing Steamer's Aggies to take a 17-0 lead into the second half.

In the second half, the only scoring in the contest was an EMU Touchdown in the fourth quarter which made it 17-7. Utah State tried to run out the clock, and EMU had a couple more possessions but were unable to move the ball, giving Utah State the victory.

Statistically, the numbers were relatively even. However, Utah State made the plays when they needed to.

If WKU falls this week, next week either EMU or WKU will get their first victory in a good year +.

21. DirtycashDylan

Nice write up Crumb!

You're right, I meant rolled out. I meant hiking the ball and immediately leaving the pocket without being pressured.

22. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I hung with Oregon State for a little while, but they dominated me in the second half. I had a 64 yard TD run in the 3rd quarter that would've tied it at 24, but it got called back for clipping and they went on to Jaquizz all over my face.

Don't know if anybody else plays them, but Jaquizz Rodgers is damn near untouchable. It was hurdle, spin move, juke left, break tackle, juke right, hurdle, outrun everybody left. I got a couple of good highlights up on the dynasty wire.

Also, I don't know what the minimum speed threshold is, but you might look into turning that down a bit too in lieu of upping to Heisman. In my offline dynasty it's at 25, and my Idaho players don't ever catch anybody from behind and if I don't bail quickly I'll never get to the corner on fast RB's. Just something else to think about.

23. DirtycashDylan

Right now it's at 0.

24. DirtycashDylan

#15 OU 51
    WKU 7

Demarco Murray and the Sooners imposed their will on the lowly Hilltoppers today rushing 27 times for 202 yards. Landry Jones went 14-18 for 4 TDs and 0 pics.

WKU's lone touchdown came on a 3rd quarter option after the OU D had already phoned it in.

WKU QB Kawaun Jakes went for an abysmal 3-21 and threw 3 INTs. HB Rainey rushed 16 times for 130 yards.

I can't wait for next season.

25. DirtycashDylan

Sooo...what happened in the other games? We at least need a score and some quick stats.