Week 1 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.15.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Sep 11, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 1 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.15.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 1 Now Open

Please complete by September 15, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

Thanks!

[YOUTUBE]o1tj2zJ2Wvg&ob=av3e[/YOUTUBE]​

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Saw a couple of results come across the screen. What did you guys think of the new sliders?

3. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Need to open up running a bit or stats are going to get ugly. I threw probably for over 600 yards because running was almost impossible. Toledo lost 29-51

4. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

i liked the sliders they felt good. i was able to pass and run to some degree didnt see anthing wrong with them.

on a side not my tripleoption attack scored 20 points in the 4th quarter t come back against the Irish it was a crazy game.

5. NDCOLTS1979

i just know i threw it 73 times ran early and got down because i couldn't move the ball at all on the run game. I hate throwing the ball more than anything in this world. Everytime i was making a comeback a turnover would happen. God i still hate Iowa lol

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

So I tried to run with my 95 speed QB and he couldn't get out of the pocket. It's going to be a very long season for Miami...

We lost 44-14 at Fresno State.

7. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

yea i agree running came needs to open up a bit on the user side. only had 5yds rushing in the whooping Maryland put on me, 71-14 lost. lol

8. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish takes out in-state rival Cinci 36-15.

I didn't see the same running problems you guys did. Taking away the 4 sacks. I had 31 carries and averaged 4.35 yards a carry (pretty good #s). I lost my starting HB after 8 carries (at the time he was averaging 3.2 per carry). My #2 really played well and may become my starter he ended up with 19 carries for 97 yards (5.1 avg). 3rd stringer had 4 carries for 12 yards (3.0).

Cinci just killed me all game long with that stupid Read Option to the HB. Isaiah Pead ended up with 17 carries for 157 yards (9.2 avg).

However, I was able to stop them in the redzone with a pick 6 and forcing field goal attempts. 5 cinci trips to the redzone on 2 tds and and 1 fg.

While you won't be able to rack up nearly the yards running as passing (i think that mirrors real life) if you run the ball for 4 yards or so a carry u can really control the time of possession as I did 22:24 to 9:36.

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Whoa...nice start to the season!

10. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I lost a heartbreaker to Tennessee. Final was 30-24 I think. I had the ball driving inside the UT 30 with about a minute to play down 6. I try to hit a WR on a drag route, the ball hits him in stride and flies back to the trailing LB..Game over Damn so close.

I had a decent game running. 21 carries for 102 with my starting HB

I like the sliders thus far. Still think passing may be a little too easy expecially with Colts throwing for 600 damn.

11. NDCOLTS1979

I passed 73 times which is why i took and passed for 600 yards i couldn't get 4 yards a carry

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Next week, I'm chucking and ducking. After my #1 QB got hurt, I wanted to slow things down with the run game, but got no help at all. Fresno State was ranked 48th and we're ranked 115, so it's not unusual for the lack of free reign with my O. My back up QB was crazy shaky, but still was able to complete a few passes.

Next week, we're home and hope to take catch UTEP sleeping on us. Although, they are ranked 78th, so there's a slight chance. I just need to get some defensive ability.

13. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple goes down to Pitt by 4. Dione Lewis and their WR Baldwin were unstoppable. And they have #5 whoever he is that lines up at tailback and WR that torched me.

Gotta a little screwed on the final drive. They rushed 3 and I actually had some time but nobody was open I. The slightest. I scramble out and go to throw it away but somehow a D-lineman covers the 5-7 yards he was away from me before I can finish a throwing motion. It was bad cheesy. Instead of 2nd and 10 from the 26, I'm 2nd and 18 from the 34 and gotta burn a TO with 30 secs remaining.

14. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

BEWARE !!! Boise St is beast mode

15. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Western Michigan got a HUGE win versus Michigan State at home.

After falling behind 21-3 and being dominated at the line of scrimmage by MSU, all seemed to be lost. Their running backs seemed to do whatever they pleased against my defense in the first half and their offensive line created gaping holes for most of the game. The stats say they had 13 pancakes against me.

Luckily, they ran out of syrup in the 2nd half.

Down 7 points with under 2 minutes to play, I got huge a TD and then decided to go for the game rather than play for OT. I had two starting defenders who got injured and were out for the game, so I figured my luck would change in OT and I wouldn't stand a chance. I got the two point conversion on a toss play to the left and took the lead with about a minute to play. Lucky for me, they called some questionable plays at the end and I survived with a W.