Week 1 2012 Now Open - Deadline 10.31.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Oct 28, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 1 Now Open

Please complete by 10.31.10 7:00 a.m. EST

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Beauty choice!

I still giggle like a school girl when MJ says "...I'm not like other boys." :rolleyes: Uhh, we gotcha there Mike.

3. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Uh ohhh....just got an interesting email. Could we have a huge announcement soon?

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Toledo wins 49-48 in OT. Toledo got ball first in OT and scored and kicked xp and made it. Northwestern would answer and score Toledo would ice the kicker and he would miss it wide right to secure the victory to go 1-0 on the season. Dantin would have a huge day as well this week

Key Players
    Dantin 29-45 548yds 4td 3int
    Dunn 17att 114yds 2tds
    Page 11rec 225yds 2td

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

There's ovulation in Oxford!

The 2012 season has started like no other in the short history of Miami University. The Redhawks of Dat U have knocked off the perennial (lack of) powerhouse, the Idaho Vandals 26-20. Idaho scored on their opening possesion, but Miami answered back with 20 straight points. Actually, the game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Miami had a pair of TDs called back because of penalties.

Senior QB Zac Dysert had a solid opener in the win. He went 20-35, with one TD and an INT. He paired with JUCO WR recruits Jack Spade and John Shaft for 11 total catches, and the offense was paced by freshman standout, John Coltraine. Coltraine busted loose for 121 yards on the ground plus 5 catches and 93 yards through the air.

Miami got a little conservative in the fourth quarter and was outscored 13-3, but we recovered the final onsides kick to preserve the win. Although, disaster was averted by a coach's challenge late in the fourth quarter. John Coltraine ran for a first down, which should have iced the game, but he fumbled after being tackled. Idaho recovered and advanced for a short gain, but replays confirmed that Coltraine's knee was down.

After the gun sounded, the fans rushed the field in shock. They don't know when it will happen again. Some where a father kissed his baby knowing that baby wasn't even born the last time the Redhawks felt such a swollen level of pride.

So sleep well my friends.

6. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

NIU opens the season with a 41 - 20 win over hapless New Mexico. Back ups played alot in the 4th quarter

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Oh the winds of change, in the GBN, they are a blowing....

8. onaradio34

Temple has launched the Dion Lewis for Heisman campaign. The Pittsburgh RB went for 296 yards on 28 carries with 7 TD's. Add that to his 178 yards of kickoff return yardage and another TD.

Pitt drills Temple 70-28. Temple commits 5 turnovers and was 0-6 on 4th downs.

Believe me, you DO NOT want to play Pitt unless you value hatred for all things.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Can this be??? Is this the bizarro season? As of Friday afternoon Temple is at the bottom of the East, and Miami is on the top? Good gravy..and as we approach Halloween! Surely, this is another sign of the Apocalypse.

10. onaradio34

A sign of things to come for sure with Penn State up next week. My damn AD is setting the bar to high.

A few good things though: temple did land 3 :3stars: this weekend. We also unvailed our new Pistol offense that yielded Pierce almost 170 with over 7 yard/car. For those who haven't tried it, give it a shot in practice mode. It's pretty fun.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

I'll play my game tomorrow afternoon. With the way things are going so far, I'm a little scared...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

LL - Don't be skurred! Jump right in. The water is great. nom nom nom.......

13. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Which PB are you using, Neveda or the Pistol playbook? If you don't mind sharing. I wondered about that formation last year. My putrid O-Line needed as much help with pass protection as possible, and my QB wasn't athletic enough to run a traditional spread. Hmmmm, if Mrs. Frosty goes foraging this afternoon I may whip that one out, and hope it doesn't go off in my hands.

Boy, how many times have I said that line to myself...

14. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish falls to the blitz and BNR happy Cinci squad by 10. Should have won the damn game but for EA deciding to make my QB dive instead of slide when I scrambled to avoid getting crushed. Cost me 2 redzone turnovers FTL!

15. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Crap...crap crap crap.

16. NDCOLTS1979

Just think you get to play these guys :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Yup. (((goes back to banging head on my desk.)))

18. onaradio34

Indiana's actually. It plays alot like a OneBack playbook with alot of ace formations except for your QB is in the Pistol of course. It also has the type of zone reads/qb option plays I like. I hate the ones where the RB is supposed to go off-tackle. The qb options where the RB runs a dive is where it's at. It also has alot of shotgun. It's not a great playbook but it is fun and also has some nice pass plays.

19. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Well, we jumped in, but the equipment manager forgot the arm floats.
    [​IMG]

Western Michigan gets raped in the water by a pretty solid Michigan State team that must have vividly remembered their loss to WMU last year. 49-24, including their first 4 TD's in the first quarter.

MSU's QB Joe Boisture was 16/19 for 300 yards, 5 TD's and their RB Larry Caper 30 carries for 205 yards and a TD....but besides that, we kept a lid on their offense nicely.

To give you an idea how much MSU manhandled WMU, look no further than the 26 pancakes they had against us. :eek:
    [​IMG]

Looking forward to week 2...

20. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Thanks. That's the other one I was looking at. IU or maybe Ohio. Then again, I'm comfortable with the Fresno State book I ran last year and now, so it'll be hard to give it up. Then again, after an 0-12 season....

21. NDCOLTS1979

We get to go into Hawkeye nation and try to turn our loss last year into a victory this year

22. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

C-dub is probably late advancing because he ran into heavy traffic getting out of Jon Stewart's rally in DC yesterday....:D