Week 1 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

azreinman
    xSavedByGracex
    the bigg dawgg
    whales30
    Jolts57
    schreck822
    Wick36
    droid43
    Theezy
    cyclonecountry
    EMbow513
    xassassin4lifex

We are now into week 1. Only a couple games this week, so hopefully we'll be able to get to week 2 relatively quickly.

Game summaries posts go in here, only winner needs to post for user games.

Make sure you ready up when you're done with your game and recruiting so I know if I can advance early.

Next advance is THURSDAY, July 19th, 10 PM est at the latest.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  2. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Queue the joker and here... we... go gif

3. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Damn imma get my xbox live tomorrow so ill be good to go

Nvm, i can get it now lol

4. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Irish Pass First B1G Test

Notre Dame kicked off its entrance into the Big 10 in style today, knocking off perennial conference heavy weight Ohio State in their own house 41-17. The game got off to an ugly start, as OSU took the ball to start and drove right down the field, converting several key 3rd downs on the way to a touchdown. ND did not hesitate to respond, as on their first offensive play of the game, HB Cierre Wood took a dive play right up the heart of the defense and found nobody in his path, leaving him with a relatively easy 75 yard TD run to tie it right back up. The next drive, OSU was again able to drive down the field, but this time ND got a huge 3rd down sack to knock the Bucks out of field goal range (of course they tried the 60 yarder anyway, and missed).

Notre Dame was forced to settle for a field on their possession, then was able to stop the Bucks and make a methodical drive ending in a 6 yard TD by HB Theo Riddick. Ohio State got the ball back with 50 seconds left and it was enough time to get into field goal range and boot a 51 yarder through as time expired on the half. ND lead was 17-10.

The second half saw ND start with the ball, and Cierre Wood once again found a big hole up the middle and made a beautiful 64 yard TD run to go up 24-10. From there it was all Irish, as the D knocked Braxton Miller out of the game a few times, forced key turnovers and kept the Bucks off the field. The Irish scored a field goal, 20 yard TD pass to TE Tyler Eifert and a 79 yard TD run by Theo Riddick to really put the nail in the coffin.

It was a great showing by Notre Dame, and is hopefully a sign of things to come. The 1-2 punch of Wood and Riddick should be formidable all season, and there is just enough talent in among the receivers to make the passing game a reasonable threat. The D is athletic, but we'll have to get some kinks worked out yet to really fulfill the potential.

Player of the Game
    Cierre Wood - 12 runs, 176 yards, 2 TD's

Teo also had 3 TFL's, a sack and a FF in leading a solid defensive effort.

• Like Like x 3
  5. cyclonecountry

cyclonecountry Walk On

Stanford Smothered by Tenacious Utah Defense
    Stanford looked to start the season strong against fellow Pac-12 opponent, Utah, but was met with a swarming, press defense that never let new starter Nottingham take a breath. Both teams got off to a slow start in the first half with Stanford registering the first points of the game with a 48-yd field goal by Whitaker. Utah would answer quickly, however with a 35-yd strike from Wynn to WR Anderson. The pace slowed once more as the teams would enter the locker room at the half with the Utes leading 7-3. In the 2nd half, Stanford showed new life as they marched down the field on several nice carries from Stepfan Taylor. The Cardinal would again, however, settle for a field goal. On the very next drive, Utah QB Wynn must have seen something in the Stanford defense, because a well-timed audible led to a 71-yd TD scamper by White. Utah would take the lead 14-6. On the next series, Cardinal QB Nottingham would throw an ill-advised pass to an out route which was easily spotted by Utah LB Reilly and returned 51 yards for a touchdown. When asked about the pass, Nottingham responded, “You know, it's my first game. It was rough, I don't know... to have to open up the season against a conference opponent. Every game in conference, you know, is a tough outing. I'm just not sure if I prepared myself mentally for this one.”

The Cardinal's woes would continue with Nottingham and backups Nunes and Picazo teaming up to throw total of six interceptions. Utah would eventually capitalize on these turnovers, making the final result 31-6. Stanford has a lot of work to do if they're going to be ready to take on San Jose State next weekend.

Stats

[​IMG]

It was over when... Utah's T. Reilly intercepted a Nottingham pass and took it 51 yards to the house to put his Utes up 14-6 in the 3rd. They never looked back after that.

Gameball goes to... The Utah defense. Six interceptions and absolutely blanketing coverage that made rookie QB Nottingham look like he was lost at times.

Stat of the game... Eight. Utah only attempted eight passes the entire game. With all of Stanford's turnovers and Utah's running game in complete control, Wynn didn't have to do much else in the backfield but hand the ball off and relax.

• Like Like x 2