Week 1, 2012

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Alright guys, week one is finally here. Every week I will create a thread like this with the matchups. These threads are a place to schedule if you play another user and to discuss the current week's action.

I don't require game previews, but you are encouraged to do them, especially if you are playing a top ranked CPU or another User. After you finish the game, come in here and post the score of your game so I know that you've played it. If you wanted to include some stats and a story, that would be nice. I'm a big fan of the dynasty wire, and I think that taking a picture of a play and creating a title for your games goes a long way.

When I post a new thread like this, that should be a signal to you that the week has been advanced and you have 48-hours to get your stuff done. If you would like me to text you and alert your of an advance as well, just let me know.

Chompions League: Week 1 (2012)
    #18 Ohio State vs. Miami (OH)
    #15 Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech
    #7 Arkansas vs. FCS Southeast
    #14 Clemson @ Auburn
    #25 Florida State vs. Bowling Green
    #8 Florida State vs. FCS East
    #6 Georgia vs. Buffalo​
    #24 Notre Dame @ Navy
    #16 Wisconsin vs. FCS Midwest
    User Game of the Week: #9 Michigan vs. #1 Alabama

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

VaTech when you wanna play?

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

CJTHA1

4. Ben

Ben Walk On

Welp! I'm having some serious issues here. I keep getting an online dynasty error pop up and every time I hit retry it does nothing but pop up again. I rebooted my console, I switched OD's to see if it was just this one and it's still popping up. I played my game in another OD and now its not even counting my stats for that game. This is one of the issues the game had last yr and its already popping up in only week 1. Wow EA, just wow....smh :(

btw: this is a OD killer because if you play a game while your not connected to the servers it wont count the game. In a shorter summary...when you advance the week the game will be super simmed by by the computer.

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Delete the saved file from your HD

6. Ben

Ben Walk On

The dynasty saved file?

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

8. Ben

Ben Walk On

Deleted it, redownloaded it and still getting the Online Dynasty Error. I'm at a lose for words.

9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Just keep trying or try later, it should turn around

10. Ben

Ben Walk On

[​IMG] Buffalo Bulls vs Georgia Bulldogs [​IMG]

Welcome to week one everyone! It's a beautiful day at Sanford Stadium here is Athens, GA. Today your beloved Dawgs will play host to the Buffalo Bulls. What more can be said about this Buffalo team other than bad. They finished last years season 3-9 and will return this year in no better position than they left last year. This is a young Bulls team that will be facing a Bulldogs team who is hungry! The Georgia Bulldogs enter this season with 3 returning senior DLinemen, 4 returning senior DB's, and 2 juniors and a senior at the LB/OLB positions. The head of their defense is the 241 lb. senior LB Jarvis Jones. To head the offensive attack is the returning junior Aaron Murray who last year was one of the most prolific passers at the collegiate level. The ground and pound is here to stay with Ken Malcome and Keith Marshall leading the way. Even Georgia's OLine is made of experience with 3 seniors, 1 junior, and the sophomore LT Colton Houston. Will this be the year that Georgia returns to glory? Many questions have been asked and doubts have loomed. Its time to put up or shut up. The 2012 season is ready to begin. The Dawgs first test is a tested Buffalo Bulls team. Let the games begin!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Up in front of the Badgers on the schedule for week 1 is FCS MW, needless to say the game was a rout, 48-0. Abbredaris returned the opening kickoff for six and Cromartie returned a missed FG attempt 107 for six. Wisconsin's RBs combined for a total of 267 Yds and 3 scores, Ball lead the way with 105 on 15 carries and 1 TD. LE Pat Muldoon led the defense with 11 TACK, 5 TFL, 5 Sacks.

12. jandy

jandy Walk On

The Wolverines Knock Off #1!
    #1 Alabama 17
    #9 Michigan 24
    Michigan didn't disappoint this Saturday when they hosted the top ranked team in the land, the Alabama Crimson Tide. Bama led the Wolverines 14-3 late in the second half, and was mounting what looked like another scoring drive to end the first 14 minutes of play. However, on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line, the Michigan defense held the line and stopped Tide HB Eddy Lacy in the backfield. This monumental goal line stand turned the momentum of the game, and breathed life into the struggling Wolverines. Unfortunately, on the ensuing drive for Michigan, Heisman hopeful QB Denard Robinson was knocked out of the game with a head injury that would sideline him for the remainder of the contest.
    Trailing 14-3 and missing their starting quarterback, things looked bleak for Michigan. Nevertheless, it didn't seem to phase backup QB Devin Gardner. He came in and led three scoring drives to seal the win for the Wolverines, with the last coming with 30 seconds remaining. While Gardner led the offense to the points needed to come back, the defense was key in the win. They held the Crimson Tide to only a field goal in the second half, and really stepped up when it mattered the most. The win was a total team effort, with no one player really standing out.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I loved that your entire oline was preseason all Big 10.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Quarterback controversy coming on in Ann Arbor? Your offense flowed much better with DG.

15. jandy

jandy Walk On

Ha I don't think so. While my offense was much more fluid with Gardner at the helm, I think with some tweaks to playcalling, it can be much more effective with Denard. Less shotgun, a little more ace and pistol

16. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Arkansas Pounds On a Weaker FCS SE Team, Wins 56-0
    "This was a great victory for our team", Coach Wayers said after the game. "We were able to build a big league at halftime was able to get back ups for crucial playing time". The Razorbacks started off the scoring just over a minute into the game with a 25 yard TD pass to WR Cobi Hamilton from QB Tyler Wilson. On the next drive for the Razorbacks Tyler Wilson connected with WR Julian Horton for a 45 yard TD pass to extend the lead 14-0. Arkansas would add another TD in the 1st and 3 more in the second to make the score 42-0 at halftime. "We knew at half, with the way our defense was playing that we could put in some backups and still maintain the same level of intensity for the second half", Coach Wayers said. 3rd string runningback Ronnie Wingo would a touchdown in the 3rd and the 4th quarters to finish the game 56-0. Next up for the Razorbacks is UL Monroe in Arkansas.
    (I would have put up some pics of the game but for some reason the pics wouldn't load)
    Untitled.png

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ben

Ben Walk On

Georgia Survives Buffalo! Wins 35-28

Mark Richt, Georgia's HC, was quoted after the game saying "We made to many mistakes on both sides of the ball. Luckily we did just enough to win. I give all the credit in the world to Buffalo, they had a game plan and they executed it."

Don't be fooled folks. The game wasn't as close as it seemed. Buffalo scored it's last touchdown with under a minute remaining in the game. Really though, if it wasn't for a 99 yard crazy interception return for a touchdown Buffalo would have lost by 3 scores. Like Coach Richt said though, Buffalo did have a game plan and executed it quite well. The game was a ground and pounder on Georgia's side and a passing attack on Buffalo's side. Georgia made good of Malcome and Marshall, who both had great days running the football. Malcome had 28 carries for 107 yards and 2 touchdowns, while Marshall had 13 carries for 99 yards and a TD. Murray struggled at times in the passing game, but look for that to improve over the next few weeks. His stats were 10-16 for 182 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also threw the one pick, but to be fair it was a ball that was tipped by his own receiver. It was a good game, but not many expected a young Bulls team to do so well against #6 Georgia.

Next week Georgia faces Missouri on the road. Hopefully Georgia will have a better offensive game plan for this one.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Ohio State Overcomes Slow Start, Beats Miami

The Urban Era got off to a slow start in Columbus Saturday evening as Ohio State stumbled out of the gates against Miami (OH). Playing in averse weather, the new look Buckeyes took some time to show off their new offense, falling behind 10-0 after one quarter. Ohio State had trouble moving the ball in that opening quarter and Miami capitalized with good field position. Late in the first quarter Braxton Miller found Devin Smith for a would-be 50+ yard touchdown, but the sophomore receiver couldn't come through with the catch. But the Buckeyes kept their poise and just a few plays later capatlized on another big play opportunity, as Corey Brown scored on a 51-yard touchdown as the pitchman in a triple option.

The Buckeyes defense held strong and on the first play of the next drive, Ohio State struck gold again with a big play, this time coming from Miller on a 40-yard run. Two plays later, Miller was in the endzone and Ohio State was in the lead. They would never look back. Miami was able to keep it close for the rest of the first half, but Jordan Hall blew the game open midway through the third quarter with a 47-yard punt return touchdown.

As expected the Buckeyes defense looked strong, bolstering one of the most talented defensive lines in the country. Rotating seven different players, including two true freshmen, the Silver Bullets sacked opposing quarterback Zach Dysert nine times. Senior captain John Simon lead the way with five sacks and showed why he is a defensive player that can make a strong case for the Chompions Trophy.

Ohio State still has plenty of room to grow, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Miller and Hall ran the ball well at times, but too many drives were stalled with negative plays. Carlos Hyde struggled immensely, carrying the ball six times for three yards. It was expected that the Buckeyes would feature a runningback by committee, but it has yet to been seen if Hyde can produce in the spread option. Added Meyer "You take away our three big plays and our offensive line is shameful. We need to work on being more consistent and moving the ball at a steady pace."

The Buckeyes will have another chance to work out the kinks next week against Central Florida, who is a strong team in the CUSA.

19. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Yeah that kinda surprised me considering the only.returning starter is Ricky Wagner. The oline is definitely not as good as last years.

20. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

IRISH TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS IN ANNAPOLIS, DEFEAT NAVY 21-7

It wasn't a pretty performance, but the Notre Dame football team left Annapolis with a win to open their 2012-2013 campaign. QB Tommy Rees was rattled by a rocking Naval Academy and threw 4 untimely interceptions to keep the Midshipmen's hopes alive. At the end of the day though, Rees managed to hook up with his big target, TE Tyler Eifert, for two big TDs to escape with a win. Eifert finished with 8 catches and 153 yards along with the two scores.

Perhaps the bigger story of the day was Notre Dame's defense stepping up to stop the vaunted Navy option attack. The Midshipmen were held to 144 yards and one rushing score on 35 carries. The Irish took away two interceptions themselves while sacking Navy 3 times.

The final score of the night came on 37-yard rushing TD by sophomore speed back George Atkinson to put Navy in a hole. Star RB Cierre Wood was knocked out of the game with a concussion in the third quarter, but Atkinson and Theo Riddick answered the call by chewing the clock out successfully in the fourth quarter.

The Irish will look to negate their turnovers next week in South Bend against rival Purdue.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

GATORS DOMINATE IN THE SWAMP, DEFEAT BOWLING GREEN 70-24
    The Gators had a good outing to start this year off. J. Brissett had 6 td passes and could of had about 8 or 9 if he was'nt taken out of the game halfway through the fourth quarter. The gator qb started off the game with 3 td passes beofre the Falcons could get on the board. This game was 27-0 before the falcons scored a point. Gators RB M. Gillislee had over 200 hundred yards rushing and 2 td's himself.

The gators look to continue their success when it travels too the new sec school Texas A&M next week.

22. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

The time is here!! Tonight is the ACC and season opener between the Va Tech Hokies and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The Hokies are coming into the season fresh off their apperence in the Sugar Bowl in which they came up short against Michigan, led by junior QB Logan Thomas. This is also the home opener as well as Va Tech plays in one of the loudest stadiums in the country, Lane Stadium. Their opponent the Yellow Jackets, come into the game with one of the best rushing attacks in the nation. This game will play alot into who goes to the ACC Championship Game as both teams dont want to lose their conference opener. This should be a good contest between two good teams. Let the season begin!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Any chance of an advance tonight?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Waiting on the va tech - ga tech game which should be done soon

• Like Like x 1
  25. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Alright sounds good. Looking at the scores on the dynasty website and it looks like the Clemson/Auburn game was very close. Good game to both of you guys.