Week 1, 2013

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

cmassey13 jandy CJTHA1 TheMNorthFace Boraby Jbek ssuwr86 Glen Cieske MrWitness36 cyhiphopp H22APWRD94

It's Deja Vu week in Chompions League, as we do it all over again! Let's try to blaze through these first two weeks so we can get back on track. Good luck!

If you haven't already, please feel free to allocate available points to your assistant coaches

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Buffalo (0-0).

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks will host Utah State (0-0).

=============== #12 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers travel to Dallas to face the #17 TCU Horned Frogs (0-0).

=============== #4 Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies will host Rice (0-0).

=============== #10 Florida Gators (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Gators will host Toledo (0-0).

=============== Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Razorbacks will host UL Lafayette (0-0).

=============== USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Trojans travel to Honolulu to face the Hawai'i Warriors (0-0).

=============== #22 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Texas State (0-0).

=============== #20 UCLA Bruins (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Bruins will host Nevada (0-0).

=============== #3 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cardinal are idle.

=============== Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to East Rutherford to face the Syracuse Orange (0-0).

=============== Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers will host UMass (0-0).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I don't expect full-fledged recaps for the repeat weeks but please try to post something to keep the forums populated

3. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wisconsin 21 Umass 10​

This one wasn't as close as it looks, the Badgers took an early first half lead on the back of James White. Joel Stave threw 3 interceptions due to the wet conditions, which halted 3 second half drives by the Badgers. The passing game will look to rebound next week.

J.Stave 10/17 186 3 INT

James White 25-104-3
    Melvin Gordon 10-44

Abbrederis 3-48
    Fredrick 3-92

• Like Like x 2
  4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    55 - 6
    Game Notes
    -- Braxton Miller scored 5 touchdowns, 3 in the air and 2 on the ground
    -- Running backs Rod Smith, Carlos Hyde and Miller each earned 100 yards on the ground
    -- Ohio State won the turnover battle, 3-0

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Holy stats Batman

• Like Like x 2
  7. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Playing my game this afternoon

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    37-34​
    Sr Z. Mettenberger had a coming out party for his final year of eligibility. He was responsible for 5 td's total one coming off the ground which is rare from him. Not only was he racking up touchdowns, but the love was being spread across the field hitting 8 different targets. TCU was in the game the entire time after scoring two touchdowns in the 4th. Tigers refuse to give up scoring 14 unanswered points and the last one scoring with 27 seconds left on the clock to finish the game on top.​
    Stats:​
    Z. Mettenberger 27/40 416 yds 4 td 2 int​
    O. Beckham 4 rec 80 yds 2 td​
    J. Landry 8 rec 133 yds 1 td​

• Like Like x 3
  9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Aggies overcome sluggish first half with a 49-13 win

The first half was one of those times when everything seems to go the opponents way. A lineman misses a block letting a defensive end drill his QB as he throws leading to a pick. Every run is met with a defender for minimum yardage. Rice had their upset hats on for a while there. In fact they led 7-0 after the first quarter. A&M tied it up early in the second but the rhythm just wasn't there. Johnny Manziel had 2 picks in the first, including one brought back to within the 10 that led to a Rice field goal. The first half could have been worse, but not much. The aggies led by only 1 point, 14-13, going into the locker room.

Coach HipHopp had one thing to say to his entire team. "This shit stops NOW!" Luckily for the Aggie players, they cut it the fuck out in the second half.

6 consecutive TDs later and Coach was happy again.

STATS
    Johnny Manziel: 16/20 for 271 yards, 3 TDs, and 2 INTs. 11 rushes for 116 yards and 2 TDs
    Ben Malena: 15 carries for 83 and 1 TD
    Malcome Kennedy: 4 receptions for 76 yards and 1 TD
    [​IMG]
    THANK CHRIST WE SCORED!​

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

I bet Manziel is a beast. Whos the fastest qb this year?

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

That would be my boy Johnny. 91 speed. A Freshman for V-Tech is also that fast but nowhere near the arm. There are three others at 90 speed including Gardner at Michigan.

As users from last year will recall, Johnny Heisman fits my play style to a T. I actually kind of feel like an ass for taking him because with the bug that prevents top underclassmen from declaring, I may have him for 2 more years after this. I figured I would only get it for a year, maybe two before he bolted. Heck, in real life he might leave after this year regardless of his draft position because he's sick of school.

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I've heard that they are patching this ASAP so hopefully before the offseason. But yeah, it's pretty lame

13. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Good. I wasn't sure if that bug would be near the top of the list or not. It will be interesting to see who stays and goes after year one then. The three top rated QBs (Manziel, Miller, and Bridgewater) are all underclassmen.

14. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    31 - 7
    Game Notes
    - Christian Hackenburg was fantastic in his first career start, completing 12/20 passes for 3 TD, though he did throw an INT
    - Zach Zwinak led the way on the ground with 69 yards and one score. Bill Belton and Akeel Lynch both chipped in with more than 30 yards from carries
    - Penn State won the turnover battle 2-1 and controlled the ball for a 21:29 - 6:31 advantage in time of possession

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  15. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Hogs Hang On For Week 1 Victory

[​IMG]
    Player of the Game: Ark HB Alex Collins: 28 carries 165 yards 1 TD, 2 catches 4 yards, 147 return yards.

[​IMG]
    WPS!

• Like Like x 2
  16. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

On a side note, I'm still getting unpacked at the new place and trying to get my condo ready to rent, so I might be a little slow to play the next few days. I'll do my best to get everything played on time and to watch the boards, but if I'm slow in responding I wanted you guys to know why. Hoping to be able to do bigger recaps and stuff soon. Maybe even have some video highlights before too long.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

No issue man, you've been fantastic given the circumstances

18. jandy

jandy Walk On

[​IMG]14-69[​IMG]
    Notable Oregon Stats:​
    • Marcus Mariota was brilliant in this one, completing 12 of 13 passes for 190 yards and 4 TD. He also rushed for 107 yards on 13 carries with 2 TD. This all happened in just 3 quarters.
    • Mr. Do It All, De'Anthony Thomas rushed for 77 yards, received for 56 yards and 2 TD.
    • Sophomore RB Byron Marshall had 90 yards and 2 TD on only 6 carries. His long of 45 yards came on a pitch from Mariota on a triple option that he took to the house.
    • I made a concerted effort not to run up the score too much lol. The starters were on the bench the entire fourth quarter and I only scored 3 points. I can't tell you how fun this offense is to run

19. jandy

jandy Walk On

Looks like we're just waiting on H22APWRD94 whose Gators are playing my alma mater, the Toledo Rockets

20. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

He's going to sit this one out because he is out of town until tonight. He was just going to recruit until he got back when we were on the old file and he was a big time team player by letting us do this.

21. jandy

jandy Walk On

I guess that means we're all RTA and ready to move on to week 2!