Week 1 2014 Now Open - Deadline 2.7.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Feb 5, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 1 Now Open

Deadline = February 7, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish survives an attempt by EA to bend him over and have his way with him. I swear if I play another CPU opponent that can play NOTHING but all out blitzes and BNR coverage all game long I'm going to personally track oh Benny boy down and beat him within an inch of his life.

Louisville 27

Kent St. 28

EDIT: HOLY F'N SHIT! I JUST LOOKED AT THE STATS AND MY USER CONTROLLED MLB FINISHED WITH: 17 TACKLES (16 SOLO) 10 TFL 3 SKS IF THAT DOESN'T EARN NCAA PLAYER OF THE WEEK I DUNNO WHAT WILL.

3. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

LMAO EA HAS APPARENTLY DECIDED THAT MY GAME WILL NOT COUNT. AS I BACKED OUT IT HAS BEEN STUCK ON THE LOADING SCREEN FOREVER!

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

YEP HAD TO QUIT THE GAME VIA PSN AND WHEN I WENT BACK THE GAME HAD NOT UPLOADED. I'M GOING TO BEAT THE LIVIN' SHIZZLE OUT OF UOFL ON SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Hillarious Cory....Beat Louisville like a drum

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Phew boy. Miami will have to upgrade their seatbelts this year, because each game will be a hell of a ride.

Miami opened the 2014 season with a crazy shootout versus the Florida Atlantic Owls. Just like last year's 70-35 opener against Rice, Miami had their hands full with a cupcake. The Owls pushed the Redhawks around in the first quarter and got out to a 14-7 lead.

Miami got an INT by Senior Orne Bey, which gave them a short field for a go ahead score. The FAU kicker bounced one of the post for our bit of good luck in the new season. Still, clinging to a 21-20 halftime lead was nothing to be proud about.

Rumors of a huge letdown season by the now complacent U have been swirling through the offseason, and you can see the pressure getting to the coaching staff. Coach Roadhouse exploded during the break. He knocked over the brie and cracker spread, blew out the lavender candles, and for the first time, actually turned off the indoor waterfall by the rock garden. He challeneged his player's manhood by saying if they want to continue their rise twoards mediocricy, they would have to play a lot better than this.

Dat U responded wif a quickness. RE Mel Torme got a strip sack and new LE Issac Hayes had a scoop and score to open the third quarter. Dougie Fresh took the pressure off the erratic senior QB by getting his rush on. He ended the day with 123 yards rushing and 5 TDs. In the fourth quarter, Dat D got the icing on the cake. Curtis Mayfield had an 87 yard TAINT to give us the final margin of 51-33.

EA played fair in this game. FAU recovered an onside on the 36 yard line and actually turned the ball over to me. The Owls can't expect to come in to our house and not get a beatdown! They bout to cross back over the ocean with cracked melon.

Next week Miami hosts Houston, and will have to start freshman Jack Black at quarterback. The ghost of Yragha will make this a shoot out to rival last year's Kent State/Miami bombfest.

7. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple finds a way to sneak past rival Pitt 30-27. After a quick start by Pitt that saw Temple go down 20-7, fans were reliving the 70 to whatever beat downs that Pitt has handed it's little brother in the past few years. New starting QB Neal Carroll was erratic to start the game completing only 6-15 passes before being knocked out of the game. Backup Connor Reilly (a JUCO transfer from a few years back all but forgotten about) came in and was sensational. He completed 9-13 passes for 139 yards and chipped in 61 yards on 9 carries on the ground. He will get the start week 2.

Myron Ross, in his second year as the feature back, gained 103 yards on 20 carries and scored twice. Amazingly, considering their recent history with Pitt, Temple did not turn the ball over once. A great sign for the Owls as turnovers plagued the team last season.

Adding to the celebration, :4stars: ATH Tom Morrison (#6 ATH) committed to the Owls and should be an instant impact player in what will be a severely depleted secondary next season.

Up next for Temple is the recruiting trail nemesis Maryland Terapins.

8. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish takes The Ville to the wood shed. Coach CLW was ready for the Cards BNR all out blitz Defense this time and EA simply could not adjust as The Commish broke out his option run attack. That's right the Commish found some run plays in his play book. The Golden Flashes seemed to thrive on the more balanced attack finishing the game with 228 Passing 232 Rushing yards.

Kent St. 44

Louisville 17

The Golden Flashes host in-state rival Cincinnati this week before the showdown @ THE Ohio St.

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Did I say I'd get 6 wins??? I'll be lucky to get 4 after reading this.

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Guys I slept in this morning and forgot to advance the Nasty before rushing off to work. Roady if you see this please advance if you have the chance. If not I'll advance tonight when I get in from work.