Week 1 2014

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 28, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Do work.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

8 Picks. 8. LMAO.

MTSU falls 50-7 to Tenn. I only take credit for 3 of the picks, the others were off of tipped balls and receiver's flat out dying. I'll post more at work tomorrow. HB had 67 on 16 until his vagina started bleeding and he had to come out the last two quarters, haha.

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Lol I like this guy already.

4. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

lol @ giving ASU a FCS school

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

That's like kicking him in the nuts

6. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

2nd year starter Starting QB sophomore Kyle Mckinnery just got hurt for 10weeks on first drive vs Auburn, just after I got a stop.

7. Steamer43

I just thought it was funny that he was complaining about his strength of schedule so Dylan gave him an FCS.

8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Sweet, looks like you'll have to play me with your backup...Is there a big dropoff between the two?

9. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Hey, the kids mom said his bleeding vagina was no joking matter!

10. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

The backup has a better arm, but this is his first year at QB. He used to be a backup LB. His overall is a 67 which is 8 less then my normal starter.

I actually ended up beating Auburn 38-35. Backup played ok, had 3 picks but a few nice throws, including 2 TDs. Also had a deep bomb down to the 2 yard line to seal the victory. My defense played a good game got a score for me. I will have some more tomorrow but going to bed.

11. Steamer43

Utah State upsets #6 Oklahoma 41-14!!!

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arky St. - 45
    FCS SE - 7

Well I think Jakhari Gore is on steroids or something, because he absolutely BEASTED in this game. I had the entire 2nd string in by halftime, and scored 31 points in the opening quarter. Gore had a record setting day on only 12 carries, getting 419 rushing yards and 5TDs (25, 51, 71, 71, 98 yards) in only 2 quarters of play. That's almost 37 yards per carry, which has to be some kind of record. The backups came in and played well, with HB Adam Dean getting 13 carries and 61 yards. QB Jimmy Bell, entering his SO year after a pretty bad freshman year, played horribly in the first half, going 2-8 for 27 yards. The coaches decided to let him play most of the second half to get more reps and get used to the new offensive playbook, and he played well in the second half, going 8-10 for 155 yards. Somehow FCS SE got on the board when Dean coughed up the rock in the 4th quarter and their DT picked it up and outran my QB to the endzone.

13. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

14. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Idaho waxes rival Washington State 62-35.

Offense was darn near unstoppable as senior QB Bryan Sixmore threw for 300+ yards, 4 touchdowns, and no interceptions before taking his well-earned spot, along with the rest of the starters, on the bench late in the 3rd quarter. Junior RB Shawn Calhoun was lost for two quarters on the first drive of the game but still managed over 100 yards in the 3rd quarter alone, thanks largely to a 65 yard jaunt that brought the Vandals down to the Cougar 2.

Had some poor tackling that allowed for big plays and had a few defensive backs that dropped absolute, sure fire interceptions. But my defensive line showed some heart and I've got a lot of speed at the linebacker positions. A good start to a promising year for the Vandals, who have another rivalry game in Boise State next week.

15. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

The Battle of the Palouse!

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You sure its that Gore is on steroids? You sure its not that you played an FCS team?

17. nikpin

Backup Perish Leads 41 2nd Half Points in Comeback
    [​IMG]
    #25 Western Michigan 51
    #16 Virginia Tech 41
    Western Michigan struggled on offense in the first half and found themselves in a 26-10 hole as Robert Bolden was struggling throwing 3 picks and Tevin Drake couldn't find running room all game. On the first drive of the 2nd half Robert Bolden found the end zone to make it 17-26 but was injured in the process for one week with a strained ribcage. Virginia Tech would score quickly on a 49 yard TD pass to take a 17-34 lead and things looked bleak as Mike Perish jogged onto the field with less than 11 minutes left in the game.
    The Broncos were forced to settle for a FG on Perish's first drive as freshmen kicker Terrence Campbell connected from 41 yards out with 2:48 to play. On the ensuing kickoff backup FB Ryan McLain stripped the return man and the kicker Campbell used his athleticism(he's black) and nearly scooped and scored it. Perish found sophomore WR Adam Vaughn from 6 yards out to bring the score to 31-34 with Virginia Tech still leading. Freshmen :4stars: LB Terrence Johnson came up huge with a interception on the first play of the Virginia Tech drive when he stepped in front of a curl route. After dealing with Robert Bolden in the first half Virginia Tech relaxed their contain and Mike Perish took advantage running in a score from 10 yards out to give Western Michigan their first lead of the day 37-34. Virginia Tech answered back with their 4th TD of 50+ yards on the day as the Western Michigan defense was prone to giving up the big play.
    Trailing 41-37 Western Michigan was forced to settle for a FG on the first drive in the 4th quarter but still trailed by 3. Freshmen :3stars: CB Chance Davis stepped up this time intercepting a pass in Virginia Tech territory. This time Mike Perish was able to scramble for a 26 yard TD run as he looked like starter Robert Bolden on this run juking and breaking tackles. Virginia Tech was forced to punt and Western Michigan quickly scored again on a bubble screen to Adam Vaughn to complete the come from behind victory and pull off the upset in Lane Stadium.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2014 Week 1
    UAB Blazers – 27
    #2 Alabama Crimson Tide - 34​

Tuscaloosa, AL – The UAB Blazers upset bid of the #2 ranked Crimson Tide falls short as Alabama hangs on in OT to defeat the Blazers 34-27.

UAB was down 24-10 heading into the 4th quarter but managed to tie the game at 24 with about 2 minutes to play. Alabama fumbled the ensuing kick off and the Blazers were set up for the another upset of their in state rival. The Blazers kicked a chip shot field goal with about 30 seconds left on the clock. That proved to be too much time. The Tide marched down the field and hit a long FG to force OT.

In the first OT, the Tide took the ball first and scored on a long pass. UAB would answer, on a 15 yard TD pass but it was called back on a holding call. The Blazers didn’t give up though, as they got the ball to the one yard line. On a fourth and inches from the 1 yard line, Junior Jerry Williams got the hand off and was smashed for a 4 yard loss. Game over.

The Blazers look to rebound next week from the gut wrenching loss as they welcome Kansas to Birmingham in the home opener.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    1 2 3 4 OT F
    UAB 0 10 0 17 0 27
    Alabama 7 7 7 6 7 34

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UAB Alabama
    First Downs 20 17
    Total Yards 421 435
    Rushes-Yards-TD 33-88-1 33-248-3
    Comp-Att-TD 21-34-1 16-26-1
    Passing Yards 333 187
    Turnovers 2 3
    Fum 0 2
    Int 2 1
    T.O.P. 17:30 14:30

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Rating Comp Att Yards TD Int
    Adam Sanders, UAB 141.9 21 34 333 1 2
    Fred Robinson, Bama 126.9 16 26 187 1 1

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Dan Andrews, UAB 20 71 3.5 1
    Isaac Franklin, Bama 28 263 9.3 3

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Roy Sims, TE, UAB 5 85 17 1
    Lawrence Norman, TE, Bama 5 77 15.4 1

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8
    Name Tks TFL SK Int FF FR TD
    Lee Griffith, MLB, UAB 9 1 0 0 0 0 0
    Marcus Stallings, MLB, Bama 8 2 0 1 0 0 0[/FONT]

Man, I feel like I got robbed a bit on this one. I got stuffed in the 1st quarter on a 4th and goal from the one yard line too. Also threw a pick going in the red zone so I had my chances but couldnt get it done!

19. nikpin

Hey Recchem you big douche your the only one that hasn't voted in the HOF.

20. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

UL-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns Come Out Swinging to Open 2014 Season
    [​IMG]

ULL- 48
    A&M- 28

College Station, TX - The ULL Cajuns came in as the underdog, problem is that no one told them that. The Ragin' Cajuns never trailed in the game against the Aggies and while the A&M offense was potent it just did not have the horses to keep up with UL-Lafayette. Junior JUCO transfer Corey Richardson took over the reins of the Cajun offense for the first time and did not disappoint throwing for almost 400 yards and a TD while running two more in also. Other first time players made contributions as fellow JUCO DT Jason Cooper had an INT and :4stars: FR HB Titus Cox rushed for a TD as well. On Defense, SR CB Kory Roberts made a fine 1 handed INT that he took 85 yards to the house in the closing seconds of the first half which really swung momentum towards the side of the good guys. The Cajun defense forced 5 punts which is big time for a squad that seemed to never be able to force them. The win will give the Cajuns some confidence as they look forward to next weeks showdown against LSU in Lafayette.

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im weighing the pros and cons of each player...i'll go vote...sorry
    [​IMG]

22. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Lol I used that same pic for a "sorry" thread in one of my other leagues

23. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

How long til we advance? And why am I the only team with a 1st week bye...I'm ready to play with my new players! It's very frustrating...

24. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Army and EMU left I believe

25. Steamer43

Just EMU now