Week 1, 2015: Kickoff Classics

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

For whatever reason, Notre Dame loves week one Big 10 games...even though the conference is set not to play in conference before week 1 lol. Regardless, it's clear which games are the ones to watch this week.​
    #11 Notre Dame @ Minnesota​
    #9 Iowa @ #24 LSU
    User Game of the Week: #1 Ohio State @ #2 Oklahoma

2. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sorry, that was larger than expected.

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Interesting. Coming off a 5-7 season the Fighting Irish start the season ranked #11? I hope I can live up to that.

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

hahaha

7. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Oklahoma puts an abysmal first half behind them to put themselves in a position win late; Falls short
    The first half of the Sooners was one to forget. The first two string quarterbacks failed to do anything against a stifling Ohio State defense, getting out to an early 16-0 deficit. Lance Joseph would enter the game at quarterback for the Sooners in the second half and Early King returned a kick off to keep it within a one possession game. The Sooners had a chance to tie it late, but Ohio State's defense held strong. Both teams played well, and it was a pleasure to witness a great game to kickoff the year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

How's it going? I can play later on tonight, what about you? or Tomorrow night after I get home from work.

9. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

im doin good..how about u? tonight will work better for me man what time?

10. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

how about in an hour or around 9pm mountain time?

11. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

9 your time will work

12. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

that would be great, and i'm doing fine. Good luck to you. I was hoping for a easy game in week 1, I guess thats not happening. You are in the top ten. So, take it easy on me. LOL.

13. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

you too..you might have a chance im starting alot of young players on defense and lost my best 2 running backs and only return 1 on the offensive line.

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

It was a great game between me and Boraby i'm going out for the night but i'll have a detailed report tomorrow. Good luck to the others playing tonight

15. Ben

Ben Walk On

OU ranked #2??? Wow the BCS is more rigged then I thought.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Bush-led Buckeyes Storm Norman for Statement Win
    Norman, Okla. - In a contest between the nation's highest ranked teams, No. 1 Ohio State prevailed against No. 2 Oklahoma, 30-22. It was OSU's first game back from losing a second consecutive national championship game, and the Buckeyes proved that they are still among college football's elite.
    Even as the countries top ranked team, the Buckeyes entered this season with a considerable amount of question marks, particularly at the quarterback position. For the first time in four years, the scarlet and gray were without Braxton Miller. And early on, it looked as if that would be a major issue.
    Sophomore Malik Brown got the start, and physically, the 6-foot-7 quarterback looked fit for the part. His play however, suggested otherwise. After connecting on a 38-yard bomb to sophomore Michael Baker for a touchdown on the opening drive, Brown struggled. He completed just two of his six passes, and was pulled midway through the second quarter after missing a wide-open receiver for a would-be first down.
    Jalen Bush entered in his place, and never looked back. The redshirt-freshman was poised where Brown was rattled, precise where Brown was sporadic. On his first possession, Bush led the team on an impressive drive, culminating with a 16-yard touchdown strike to Ray Hall.
    "He was impressive today," said coach Urban Meyer. "The most important thing for our quarterbacks this year, is to not try to be Braxton Miller. They have to get the ball into Ray's hands, into Michael Baker's hands, into our playmakers hands. They just have to move the chains. Jalen did that today, he did it well."
    Bush was an undervalued three-star prospect, but looked like a five-star blue-chipper against the Sooners. In all, he completed 11 of 15 passes for 157 yards and two touchdowns. He also ran for a back-breaking touchdown in the fourth quarter, scampering for 14 yards on a third-and-goal. Whenever Oklahoma cut the lead, Bush had an answer, calmly leading the team down the field for scores.
    "He didn't look like a freshman today," said Hall, who caught six passes for 76 yards and a score on Bush's first-career TD pass.
    Meyer indicated that the quarterback contest is not yet decided, but said that Bush will get the nod next week when they travel to Athens for another nationally televised contest. They will need Bush to look just as good against the No. 7 Bulldogs.
    [​IMG]
    Michael Baker breaks two tackles for a 63-yard touchdown reception

17. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Iowa beats LSU 13-10
    The Iowa Hawkeyes traveled to Baton Rouge, LA to face the #24 LSU Tigers. Both teams would struggle to put points up in the first quarter. Iowa's offense would struggle on offense, but would start gaining momentum with good defensive plays. LSU would strike first late in the 2nd quarter with a 29 yard field goal. At the start of the 2nd half, Iowa's senior quarterback Jake Rudock would score the first touchdown of the game from 6 yards out. Iowa's defense was extremely good all game and didn't allow a offensive touchdown all game, but LSU's defense would force a fumble and score there first touchdown to make it 10-10. Iowa would get the ball back on a late interception to score the last 3 points to give them the lead. LSU had one more shot to make it down the field but freshman Aaron Sanders would make a spectacular pick to seal the deal.​
    Offensive Player of the Game:​
    Jake Rudock: 17/28 259 yards 2 Ints 8 rush atm 9 yards 1 td​
    Defensive Player of the Game:​
    Tracey Davis: 4 tackles 1 sack​
    would have put pics up but computer wouldnt let me..​
    MarkyMark67

great game man best of luck to you the rest of the season​

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

19. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I'll be hopping on shortly to do my recruiting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sorry, I will play tonight around 9 CST. I got stuck watchin the kids all day.

21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I did get to see Iowa State beat TCU though. Go Cyclones!

• Like Like x 2
  22. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Better late than never.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Big Ten conference season kicked off with a matchup with between the Golden Domers and the Golden Gophers.

Notre Dame came into the game and the season ranked #11 and has the talent to back that up, but the did not play like it early. Everett Golson began his Senior season wanting to establish himself as a leader on the field. The previous coaching regime elected to play Gunner Kiel the majority of last season. However, in the season opener, the offense was mired in inconsistency throughout the first half. Costly turnovers kept it a 10-0 game at halftime. In the second half however, the Irish defense decided to jump start the team. Minnesota was driving and threatening to get on the board when Senior CB Jalen Brown took a pick 97 yards to paydirt. He also tacked on another pick later in the contest.

The big interception woke up the offense and with no threat from the Gophers offensively thanks to stifling defense, this one turned into a laugher with reserves playing the entire 4th quarter.

• Like Like x 1