Week 1 2015

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 29, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Shall we?

2. DirtycashDylan

Someone give us a dynasty wire. Everyone's schedule is either B- or C+.

3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Eagles travel to Madison to face the #12 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Vandals will host #11 Tennessee (0-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Missouri (0-0).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Ames to face the Iowa State Cyclones (0-0).

=============== UAB Blazers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Blazers travel to Athens to face the #7 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== Army Black Knights (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Black Knights will host Air Force (0-0).

=============== #23 Western Michigan Broncos (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Broncos will host Texas Tech (0-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Oxford to face the Ole Miss Rebels (0-0).

=============== Utah State Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Starkville to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Boise to face the #20 Boise State Broncos (0-0).

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UAB - 10
    UGA - 7

Thats right, 10-7. Ran the ball 45 times and managed to only turn the ball over once. My D played really well, keeping Georgia out of FG range for most of the game. I got sacked 7 times as I felt like I was running for my life every time I dropped back to pass but still managed to beat the Dawgs at home. Good win for the Blazers to start the year off!

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arky State - 31
    Mississippi - 24 (OT)

Well we pulled out a squeaker in OT after blowing several chances to win the game in regulation. We allowed a 4th quarter 80 yard drive by Ole Miss and they took a 24-21 lead. After kicking a field goal to tie, we had 2 drives with a chance to win that ended with a fumble and an interception at the 1 yard line. In overtime we ran it 5 straight times and got the score, then my CB made a great read and jump and picked off Ole Miss at the 2 yard line to end the game. Arky State will be terrible this year, as my ONLY player over a 69 OVR is my TE, a 77 OVR. We are rated at D all the way around the board, and I predict 3 wins this year.

6. DirtycashDylan

WKU-55
    IA ST-7

Iowa St has been sticking it to me in recruiting so I wanted to blast them this year. I came out in the first minute of the game playing as SS and blew the coverage on a go route up the seam for their first and only points. My new stud FS, Cochran...learn the name, had a decent day with 6 tackles and 2 FF. I pulled the stars for the 2nd half and rest of the starters for the 4th.

7. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

The Vandals knocked off #11 Tennessee 40-24, but it wasn't really that close. I led 38-7 in the 4th. They scored and caught me off guard by going for two, so I just audible to a regular defense. With the players on the field, my starting RB (Carrington - remember the name) was lined up at FS and intercepted a slant and took it 106 yards the other way for 2.

My offense is working out kinks. I've got a lot more speed at wr, but just not sure how to use the taller receivers just yet. And Tennessee's defense was pretty stout. After making a goalline stand on the first drive of the game, I threw an interception on my first offensive play of the game, backed up on my own 3. Not a good omen. My defense played lights out though, forcing 3 fumbles, the pick-2, and the goalline stand. DB Jenkins had a nasty play where he submarines the Tennessee tailback right after he caught a toss pitch, forced the fumble, picked it up, and hauled spud to endzone for a defensive score. I couldn't run the ball very well (22 attempts for 59 yards) but Tennessee had the line stacked almost every play. I was able to hit some streaks on then when they had a linebacker on a fast receiver with no safety help. My offensive numbers weren't great but I dialed it down with a big lead in the 2nd half. If my O-line will block I'll be about as good as I was last year. For all Calhoun's ratings, his 88 speed left a little to be desired. There's a noticeable difference with Carrington (94 spd) this year. Didn't get many yards but he did take a flare pass in for a TD when he got a step on a LB and it feels more fun to give him the ball. Feels like he could go the distance at any time and I'll likely be running the ball more this season. Potato Magic!

8. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

ULM went into Starksville and survived a 20-14 tight ball game. It was decided by a pick inside the 20 yard line with just over a minute to go by Chad Washington. This was his second interception this game, his first being a TD. He starts the season off as a leader of the Warhawk team. After the game reporters asked the coach how he felt about his sophmores game. He joked and said he may have to try and start getting the young guy out there on offense little. After that he went into how he is happy with the win but thinks they need to find a way to be more productive on offense. In the 4th quarter the Warhawks could not move the ball when it matter, and it almost cost them the game. QB Kyle Mckinney went for 305 yards but it was on 37 attempts and 20 completions. He also managed a TD but 2 picks as well. What was supposed to be the bright spot of the offense, turned to be the biggest fault. A nice spot however was Freshman John Smith (orginal), who had 108 yards on 4 catches, including a 66 yard TD catch. The only offensive TD of the game for ULM.

Side note. Converted corner to punter Kevin Jefferson is the only Warehawk preseason all conference. So here are his WEEKLY stats.

6 Punts
    40 AVG
    30.5 NET AVG
    0 inside the twent
    1 TB
    42 Long
    0 returned for TD

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Haha, nice. Keep us updated on your all-conference punter. I believe my punter was 1st-team all-cusa last season so you'll have to fight him for the title.

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army 38
    AF 6

Army stretches win streak to 15. Juco QB Banks has a good debut going 12-19 233 3TD 0INT. Defense played stingy and Army is learning a lot about their new team.

@DirtycashDylan will we be advancing tonight because I will be heading out of town tomorrow afternoon and would like to get my Wk 2 game against LSU in.

11. nikpin

All conference punters for the win.

12. nikpin

Just snoopy and Jqwon left.

Snoopy requested a first round bye as he is out of town till this afternoon but was not obliged.

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'll play mine around 3 today after i get off work...

14. Full Moon Fever

Just sim it

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Not even close to 24 hrs dick...

16. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I still have to recruit. Ill probably be done around 5. I should be getting internet again at home tonight *fingers crossed*

17. nikpin

#23 Western Michigan 52
    Texas Tech 14

A retooled Western Michigan squad dominated Texas Tech in Week 1. New starting QB Adrian Pollock went 21/27 for 352 yards 4 TDs and 1 interception. New starting RB Cameron King went down with back spasms on the first play of the game and will miss 3 weeks but backup Zach Dennis fillled in nicely carrying the ball 25 times for 179 yards and 1 TD on a 99 YD run. Returning #1 WR Lucas Wilkerson caught 5 balls for 111 yards and #3 WR Adam Vaughn had 2 TD's on 4 receptions.

On defense Chance Davis who played the slot corner last season but takes over this season as the #1 had 2 intereptions and looks to fill Raheam Buxton's shoes.

18. DirtycashDylan

Between posting from my phone, being somewhat busy, Steamer's similar request, and Snoopy's 8 other schedule requests, I must've missed that.

19. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Snoop said he should be back this afternoon but I haven't heard from him here.

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army reppin that Bowl win today in real life. Yessir

21. Full Moon Fever

I think to be sim, you shouldn't be allowed to recruit anyone over 250 lbs or 6' 4" tall.

22. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Or give anyone redshirts eh? :D

23. Full Moon Fever

Crap I forgot about that. Yeah. No redshirts or big guys for army. And you should change every player's last name to West Point