Week 1, 2016 (Kickoff Classics)

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Just like last year, there are two user-user "kickoff classic" games to be played this year. These games were scheduled between teams that otherwise lacked a high-volume of user games on their original schedule. They are also intended to be anticipated matchups that we haven't seen yet. There are also two games against the CPU this week, because thats just how the schedules worked out. ​
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]
    [​IMG] @ [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sweet! ND vs NU!

Are we continuing the Home-and-Home match ups from last season as well?

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yes those will be finished this year, and new ones created for next year. If you guys have any preference for who you want to play in the next round of home-and-homes, let me know

4. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

5. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

After 9pm est tonight, and pretty flexible Saturday & Sunday.

6. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

i can do 9 est tonight, i aint free tomarrow to play

7. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

See you then :)

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

What's the point spread on this bad boy?

I am going to go with the over!

9. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Fred Limbo when's a good time for you to play? Tomorrow afternoon is easiest for me.

10. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I have my daughters birthday party at my house from 4-6 CST tomorrow.. I can play anytime before say 230 or after 630 or so

11. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I have my nephew's birthday party in the morning and a friend's concert tomorrow night. If we can start right at 6:30 then I could probably play then. Or could play tonight if we can go a little late.

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Off And Running
    No. 2 Ohio State's much anticipated 2016 season got off to a fast start on Saturday, as the Buckeyes dismantled No. 7 Oregon, 59-24.
    The Buckeyes were led by preseason Heisman favorite Ray Hall, who backed up the now-famous Columbus cliche "Ray Hall does it all." Hall did exactly that, returning two kickoffs for touchdowns in the first half, while catching seven passes for 132 yards and a touchdown. He also took his only carry of the game to the house for a 51-yard score. In all he amassed 521 yards of total offense in the first game of his senior season.
    If Hall has any competition for this year's Heisman trophy, it might come in the form of his own roommate, Tavaris McLaurin. The senior halfback was considered a dark-horse candidate entering last season, but that thought never came into fruition, as he struggled for the early portion of the season. But McClaurin showed promise toward the end of his junior campaign, and that momentum seems to be carrying over to this season. In just three quarters of play, TMC rushed for 205 yards and scored two touchdowns.
    It wasn't all roses for the Buckeyes. Sophomore quarterback Jalin Bush was erratic to start, and then didn't finish. He left the game at halftime with a broken non-throwing hand. The coaching staff said he could have returned for the second half, but with the game locked up they decided to play it safe and finish with Malik Brown. Bush is expected to start in next weekend's showdown with Georgia.
    [​IMG]
    Ray Hall's career has been memorable, his senior season could be historic

• Like Like x 1
  13. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Iowa Opens Season With Win
    Iowa hosted Tennessee this weekend opener. Iowa would start with the ball offensively but couldn't get anything going right away and had to put the ball. Tennessee also couldn't move the ball on there opening drive. Iowa would find pay dirt first on a Darrell Robinson 3 yard touchdown run. On the next drive for Tennessee they found what they need to drive down the field for a 1 yard touchdown by the fullback, Neal Barret. Iowa's next scoring drive came from a Alex Hill pass to tight end Freddie Black from 13 yards out. The next Tennessee drive quarterback Nathan Peterman would throw his 2nd pick but this time for a pick six. Josh Stanley took it back 35 yards to score. After an Iowa punt, Iowa pinned the Vols on the 3 yard line and forced a safety. After that Iowa's fast offense slowed down and chewed the rest of the clock up. Iowa looks next week to play Iowa State.​
    Offensive Player of the Game:
    Hil.jpg
    Alex Hill: 12/18 141 yards, 1 touchdown​
    Defensive Player of the Game:
    Davis.jpg
    Tracy Davis: 4 tackles 2 sacks and 1 int​
    Next Week: CYHAWK TROPHY​
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn travels to the long star state to pull off a close win vs Texas
    Auburns Red-zone Defense won the game for the tigers. Texas got the ball 1st and drove down inside the 10 with a big pass play that my FS made a TD saving tackle. 3 plays later the same FS scoops up a fumble and streaks 74 yds for the TD. Auburns D stopped Texas inside the 20 4x and forced a FG. Biggest play of the game with Auburn Down by 4 with 4 min left to play our Option QB Hawkins breaks a huge 75 yard TD run to put us up by three and give our Defense a chance to make stops to win the game. And they do forcing a punt the offence got the ball back with 2+ min left. Texas had all timeout left but the Auburn Offence reeled off 3 1st downs to seal the game. Great game cmassey13
    ScreenHunter_01 Nov. 17 10.38.jpg ScreenHunter_02 Nov. 17 10.39.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Definitely a good game Fred Limbo. And he hit the nail on the head, it all came down to his redone D. They're tough and we probly got a little too conservative. Hopefully we can bounce back like last season after an early loss to another SEC school, Florida. This year's offense doesn't have the same explosiveness as the past few years, but the D should continue to be tough.

• Like Like x 2
  16. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Notre Dame heads to Lincoln, Nebraska and handles the Huskers 49-14
    [​IMG]
    SHHHHHH!!

NU kept it close early but the Irish pulled away in the second quarter and did not look back. ND is getting used to having GUnner Kiel under center. He doesn't have the wheels of Everett Golson but he's got a cannon for an arm. He went 15/19 for 318 yards, 3 TDs through the air and a short rushing TD.

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

18. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

sorry guys...doing it right now

Spayer419

19. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

No worries. Please put your phone number in the roster thread so I can text you to touch base with this stuff

20. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Spayer419

Sure thing. Recruiting done, as well.