Week 1, 2016

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Season 4!

=============== #4 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes will host Cincinnati (0-0).

=============== #7 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks will host Toledo (0-0).

=============== #3 Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies will host #21 South Carolina (0-0).

=============== #5 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Razorbacks will host #23 Georgia (0-0).

=============== #8 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Temple (0-0).

=============== #13 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers are idle.

=============== #1 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cardinal will host #24 Oklahoma (0-0).

=============== #2 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers travel to Nashville to face the Vanderbilt Commodores (0-0).

=============== #11 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines will host Hawai'i (0-0).

=============== Auburn Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers travel to Gainesville to face the #12 Florida Gators (0-0).

=============== #24 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sooners travel to Stanford to face the #1 Stanford Cardinal (0-0).

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Sooners-Cardinal will happen around 9:30 PM EST tonight.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

OFFENSE IMPRESSES IN OPENER

No. 4 Ohio State opened its season by dismantling the Cincinnati Bearcats, 49-21, while flashing any improved and efficient offense with big play ability. As expected, Dontre Wilson spent much more time in the slot than he did in the backfield, and feasted on catching the ball in open space, hauling in 10 passes for 96 yards and a score. That being said, Wilson was still given a chance to tote the rock, and had his best play of the game by taking a jet sweep in, around, and past the Bearcat defense and into the end zone for a 72-yard score. In all, Wilson had 10 receptions and 7 carries, and the coaching staff has indicated that they want him to have an 100 reception, 100 carry season.

Perhaps part of the reason that the Buckeyes want to use Wilson as more of a receiver is due to the absolute brilliance of Ezekiel Elliot, who once again shined in a Buckeye opener but this time didn't leave the game with an injury. Elliot was a workhorse out of the backfield churning out 133 yards and a score on just 16 carries. Sophomore Aaron Jenkins also produced well from the running back spot, making the most of his few touches offensively and also taking a kickoff back to the house for a 99-yard touchdown.

The Buckeyes are off next week with a bye and then make a trip to the Georgia Dome to play in the Chik-fil-A classic against West Virginia.

[​IMG]
    The ever versatile Dontre Wilson was untouchable against Cincinnati

• Like Like x 2
  4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Cool picture Spayer

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Thanks, I wish the highlight didn't cut off the first part of the run because he made like 6 guys miss

6. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

I'll have my game finish late tonight

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Great game with Antonio T. Final score 31-28 Stanford. This game came down to a missed throw on a fake fg with about a minute left on the clock. I am warning you guys now, keep Sanders bottled up. When he bounces an inside run he is damn near impossible to stop. It happened to me multiple times in big spots and it was the difference. I can't wait for the rematch next year Antonio T.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

You wen't for a fake field goal! I cannot wait to hear this recap

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I had to go for the w on the road against the number 1 ranked team and defending champs. If my 98 rated backup QB doesn't shit down his leg and piss up his stomach there we win!

• Like Like x 1
  10. jandy

jandy Walk On

Wow what a way to start off PAC 12 play! Sounds like a crazy game

Looks like everyone is Rta except for MrWitness36 and Donkalion. Mr Witness is playing tonight, what's your story, Don?

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

He asked me to sim, advance will be on tomorrow morning

12. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

OPENING DAY DRAMA
    Stanford 2.gif
    16OU-Stan.jpg
    Adam Jones leaps by three Oklahoma defenders to haul in what would became the game-winning score.
    16OU-Stan.JPG

Cardinal squeak by Sooners in thrilling season opener
    Palo Alto, CA - The Stanford Cardinal were able to hang their 2015 National Championship banner in front of a raucous crowd on the opening weekend of the 2016 season. Coming into the season ranked #1 for the first time, the Cardinal were looking to get an early jump on conference play, welcoming the #24 Oklahoma Sooners to Stanford Stadium. The Sonners were looking to play rude houseguest and almost shook the college football landscape on its opening weekend. Adam Jones made a leaping TD catch with 3:53 to play and the Stanford defense was able to thwart a late Oklahoma drive as the Cardinal held off the Sooners 31-28 Saturday afternoon.

While Stanford was still celebrating hanging its banner, it didn't take long for Oklahoma to pounce on the Cardinal early and stun the crowd. After a quick 3-and out in Stanford's initial possession, OU's Isaac Harvey took the opening snap, faked the pitch and ran untouched 63 yards for the score just 51 seconds into the game. New Stanford starting QB Dallas Lloyd would be intercepted on the next drive, and soon thereafter, OU's Keith Ford would be scoring from 14 yards out to put the Sooners up 14 with 4:08 in the first quarter. Stanford, replacing 8 of its 11 starters on offense, was knocked weary, so you know who was getting the ball. Yeah, Stanford's 2-time All-American back Barry Sanders Jr. would take a screen pass from Lloyd and race 80 yards to the Oklahoma 3 to put them in range, where he would punch it in to close the gap to 14-7. Sanders Jr would rush for 86 yards, and would have another 107 yards on receptions. The Stanford defense, replacing 6 starters, including its entire secondary, would hold the Sooners to a FG attempt in the redzone, which K John Irwin would clang off the upright, no good. Lloyd would drive the Cardinal right down field to a score, an eight yard TD catch from TE Adam Jones. After an OU punt, the Cardinal methodically worked their way into the red-zone, where Sanders Jr. would take a handoff inside, bounce to the outside and score to give the Cardinal a 21-14 edge. After another OU punt with 1:00 left, Stanford (with all 3 timeouts) got the ball at its own ten faced with the decision to go for a score or take it to the half. Coach Townsend went for it, which didn't work, as OU was able to get a quick 3 and out. At mid-field, Harvey rolled right, and threw all the way across field to a crossing Brian Yates who outran the defender to the endzone to tie the game right before the half.

OU was able to keep Stanford off-balance much of the game, using it's Pistol spread option offense. OU ran for 209 yards, with Harvey rushing for 95 yards, and Cary Williams 77 yards. But the third quarter would belong to the defenses, as both teams halftime adjustments were paying off. Stanford was able to work into the redzone in the quarter, but thete drive would stall and David Shelton would make a FG to put the Cardinal up three. Oklahoma was able to move the ball late in the quarter, and early in the 4th, Harvey would take a keeper up the middle and score to give the Sooners the lead again 28-24. Dallas Lloyd was having a lousy, but now was able to find some touch. Lloyd finished only 11/26 but had 298 yards, with 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Lloyd would hit new starting WRs Troy Thomas and Francis Owusu with passes, and would find FB Nick Gibson for a 45-yard gain to put Stanford in range. On second down, he would throw an ill-advised pass into triple coverage, but Adam Jones outjumped all the OU defenders and hauled in the 21-yard catch to give Stanford a 31-28 lead with 3:53 to play. Jones would on to have a career high 6 catches for 121 yards and 2 TDs. Oklahoma sensing time was critical, went on a long-sustained drive, eventually reaching the red-zone with 2:00 to play. After 2 runs would make it 3rd and inches, DE Azuz Shittu would make a huge tackle for a 2-yard loss to force the 28-yard FG attempt. Kicking for the tie all of a suuden, backup QB Trevor Knight picks it up and look for a open receiver, but alas, he throws the ball out-of-bounds! Stanford had the ball know and one first down would almost end it. Korey Robinson would gain that first down to force Oklahoma to call timeout, and on the next play Sanders Jr would run for a first down to kill the clock and the game for the Sooners.

That was great game carolinaeasy, very ballsy call going for the win and not the tie. Week 1 would be the time to do it and you almost got me. We'll probably throw down again next season, but i'm sure this time it will be in Norman.

• Like Like x 2
  13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Great write up Antonio. BTW, just to make sure everyone knows it wasn't the Kraft Cheese Bowl game: That roll right and throw left is a designed play.

And I am warning you again guys, bottle up Sanders. He is damn good.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Michigan Wolverines

[​IMG]

Michigan opened the season against the Hawai'i Cupcakes Rainbow Warriors and couldn't have asked for a better game out of the 'Rines. Despite losing RB Derrick Green on his 4th carry of the game, Michigan continued to run their game plan with "the next guy up". That next guy(s); RB Deveon Smith & Byron Johnson. Combined, they rushed for 106 yards and 2 TDs. TE Jake Butt beat out all WRs with 8 catches, 111 yards and 2TDs. The defense created havoc against QB Zawhelan, tallying up 2 INTs and 5 sacks.

Score, 48-17

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Green's not missing any substantial time, is he?

16. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Strained pectorial...stiff arming bitches!