Week 1 2016

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Jan 28, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Let's do this.

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Eagles travel to Athens to face the Ohio Bobcats (0-0).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Vandals travel to Ann Arbor to face the #1 Michigan Wolverines (0-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to South Bend to face the #25 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Boston College (0-0).

=============== UAB Blazers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Blazers travel to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats (0-0).

=============== Army Black Knights (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Auburn to face the #5 Auburn Tigers (0-0).

=============== #22 Western Michigan Broncos (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Broncos travel to East Lansing to face the #10 Michigan State Spartans (0-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Red Wolves will host FCS East .

=============== Utah State Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies will host Colorado (0-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Warhawks will host #9 LSU (0-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (0-0).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Mississippi State (0-0).

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

3. DirtycashDylan

Practice mode is working again!!!!!!

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

#1 Michigan goes down as the Vandals get their revenge for last year's Rose Bowl atrocity. Vandals win 31-28.

Really jacked about my defense. I've got lots and lots of speed, and secondary I can be proud of. They were on Michigan's receivers like glue. Forced 6 three and outs in the game, and Michigan didn't get a first down until the 2nd quarter. I was able to get good pressure on the quarterback, which was a huge difference from last season's Rose Bowl, where Mathis had all day to look for receivers frolicking merrily through my porous secondary. The Wolverines made a furious comeback in the 4th quarter, scoring touchdowns on back to back possessions to bring the game to 28-31, but Jim Rice sealed it with a touchdown pass to Zach Berry with 3 minutes left. The Wolverines drove the ball back inside Vandal territory, but a screen was snuffed out on 4th down and the Vandals were able to kneel it out.

As hard as it was to run the ball in the bowl game (damn near impossible....I threw 81 times and had nearly 50 completions and 15 drops), RB Adam Craft was able to carry the ball for 150 yards, including a 70 yard touchdown run on my second drive of the game.

Finished with 25 rushes and 25 completions.

Just real happy with the way my team played, except for the tight end position. I've had Marcus Black there for the last four years, and that guy was a rock. I don't care what he was rated, that guy was as dependable a tight end as you could have. McCullough's the new guy and has quite a pair of shoes to fill. And he didn't today. Both interceptions were when he was targeted, one on a corner route and he just got outjumped for the ball, and the other on a dig route where their linebacker was in man coverage and just cut in front of him for the pick. Both were disappointing. TE play has got to improve.

The O-line played decent. Rice was sacked 6 times, but they weren't the absolute sieve in the run game like they were last year. I learned how to use the freaking draw like crazy last year because that was the only run play I could get to work. This game, they were able to hold blocks and let Adam Craft get through some holes and around the edge a couple of times.

Overall, I'm pretty stoked about this team. I thought my best team was two seasons ago. Last year's skill guys were great but the O-line never really let Carrington showcase his 94 speed. SO FAR, this year feels like my best team yet. I didn't dread playing defense like I usually do. We'll see how it goes.

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

6. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

What was Idaho's ranking in the preseason polls?

7. DirtycashDylan

updated with dynasty wire.

8. Steamer43

Brewster's Back; Utah State Beats Colorado 38-14

[​IMG]

QB Dennis Brewster led a freshman class that accounted for the majority of the starting line-up to a West Division championship in 2012. The following season injuries and turnovers plagued the QB which led to a switch for Texas transfer Adrian Sapp. 2 years later, Brewster returns with one last year of eligibility; leading a team dominated by a new recruiting class.

Utah State controlled the game for the most part. It was a 0-0 tie after the 1st quarter, but USU would explode in the 2nd, scoring 21 points.
    Utah State opened the 3rd quarter looking to take a 4 score lead, but a missed field goal gave Colorado an opportunity. The Buffalos caught the Aggies off-gaurd running 4 verticles which burnt the secondary for a quick TD. Utah State fumbled the enuing kick-off, and just like that CU was within 7 points; 21-14. But Utah State would respond with a FG to make it a 10 point game. The endsuing kick-off was fumbled this time by CU, resulting in an Aggie TD just a few plays later. The next CU possesion ended with a fumble as DE Kevin Scott hit the QB as he tried to pass, and the fumble was scooped up by JUCO transfer Daniel Watson, and returned for a TD to take a commanding 38-14 lead. Utah State scored 17 points in the final 1:18 of the 3rd quarter.

[​IMG]

Player of the game went to the leader of the offense, Dennis Brewster. Brewster threw 12-21 for 183 yards, and also had 59 yards rushing with a TD.

Pretty comfortable with my offense so far, just worried about Brewster's health as I don't have a #2 QB. Impressed by the defense, the D-Line looks solid after Warren's departure. The secondary has its flaws but the coverage is the best yet.

P.S. Please tone down holding penalties.

9. DirtycashDylan

[​IMG]

WKU-41
    Boston College-20

Our biggest problem this year is at the QB position. I never thought I'd miss two year starter :2stars: juco QB Nate Alford, but I do. For this year, Alford is replaced by an even less effective juco, EJ Hayden, and the depth chart talent plummets after that.

Boston College knocked EJ Hayden out of the game in the first 3 minutes.

In came RS frosh Nate Barbour (pronounced bar-BO-er) with his 71 accuracy. After throwing up in the huddle, Barbour completed 12 of 24 for 304 and 4 TDs with 1 pic (after Shaun Griffin dropped a ball into a DB's hands). Barbour's job is a lot easier than previous WK QBs because he has Ferraris for WRs and I think this effects his stats + I felt like we had to throw every down because I couldn't count on him to complete a 3rd down.

This game felt a lot closer than the score shows. If an unranked BC team can give me fits in my own house, I hate to see what Autzen is gonna be like next week. Let's just hope EJ Hayden doesn't 'Cutler' out of the game again vs the #4 team in the country or Barbour will have to pull something out of his ass.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Full Moon Fever

@FNG,

Potato Magic was/is #27 in the preseason polls.

11. Full Moon Fever

They felt overwhelming but at the end of the game I had 4 penalties and the CPU had 5. IMO the overall number/yardage isn't crazy, it's just that 8 of the 9 were holding calls (1 false start). I don't know what the answer is.

12. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm agreeing with Steamer but quoting your post out of laziness. I forgot to mention this after my bowl game(was 2 busy celebrating a NC) but Oregon has 7 holding penalties which absolutely killed their offense. They had a 1st and 30 at one point. It seemed like holding was one of the few things called before and now it's the only thing called. Wouldn't mind seeing this toned down. The sliders are a work in progress though as I know Dylan just kind of tweaked them and said let's see what happens.

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah I'm gonna vote with yall...In my bowl game against FSU, there were so many holding calls. It's not that I don't think there shouldn't be more penalties, but i think we need to tone down the holding

14. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Yeah, I agree with the holding calls. My 99 OVR C should never hold and he was called for 3 holding penalties(a bit tongue and cheek) which actually ended up killing a couple of drives in my unfortunate debacle at Ohio University, a 3rd and 15 at the end of the game converted with a wide open receiver 20 yards down the field. Then again it was typical EMU fashion to blow the game in that regard. However, Ohio U had a few as well.

My secondary is absolutely abysmal. I can't believe the number of Ohio receivers that were just consistently wide open.. Offensively though I like the looks of my OL and my running attack with my two running backs.

15. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

ULM 45
    LSU 28

This game started with LSU driving down the field and then Freshman Jason Royal picking the ball off and taking it 80 yards for six. After that LSU came down and tied it up. Kyle McKinney however game down with a score of his own. He finished the game with 3 TDs passing and 1 running. He threw for 393 yards and had 1 pick on a 3rd and long were his TE dropped the ball.

The reason I won this game is because I had 3 turnovers in the 1st half and a total of 4. McKinney was solid and my running back by committe did a good job when it counted both in the running and passing game (8 different backs got carries).

After the first game I am not as confindent I was before the season. Though I liked my incoming class, most of them are playing which is not good. My QB is a 90 over all but the offensive line sucks. My corners are sold and I couple of others on D that are ok but I have some major holes.

16. nikpin

Damn, LSU is probably the best team in the game.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

But they don't have Kevin Jefferson...

18. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Middle Tennessee State 45
    Indiana 6

Key Players:
    MTSU
    QB - R. Lundy 162.7 Rating 183 yards 1 TD 0 INT
    RB - S. Tanner 20 Att 170 Yards 8.5 average 3 TD Long - 29 yards
    RB - G. Jenkins 10 Att 40 Yards 4.0 average 1 TD Long - 14 yards
    WR - J. Thomas 3 Rec 70 Yards 23.3 Avg
    WR - M. Gatewood 3 Rec 68 Yards 22.6 Avg

Defensive
    J. Luckett 3 tackles 1 fum recovery for a TD
    B. Anderson 7 tackles (5 solo)

In Coach Redd's debut as coach for the Middle Tennessee State the Blue Raiders looked extremely sharp on both sides of the ball. Richard Lundy lead an efficient offense at the QB position and RB Sam tanner showed he will be a force CUSA this year as he looked explosive running the ball. Indiana could not covert third downs or do much offensively at all the whole game.

Key Stat: Total Offense - MTSU : 435 yards IU: 216 yards

Game Notes:
    Backup QB and fan favorite Chris Fuqua(pronounced fuck-you-uh) made an appearance rushing the ball once for 0 yards.

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arkansas State - 45
    FCS East - 17

Well a few turnovers kept me from the shutout, as all 3 of them were inside my own 20 and resulted in all 17 points the FCS East team scored. On offense, we decided to start JUCO QB Dennis Johnson, who has better awareness and accuracy than incumbent Jimmy Bell. Johnson was 28/51 for 328 yards, 3TD and an INT. The real story though, was freshman RB Boo Skidoo, who had 18 carries for 259 yards and 3 TD in the first 3 quarters. WR Damian Ramsey had 10 receptions for 89 yards, and this Arkansas State team looks vastly improved from last year's squad.

20. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

HB Cox Hits the Ground Running as ULL Bulldozes the Bulldogs

[​IMG]

ULL 59
    MSU 28

It was a pretty close game to be honest until the 4th qtr. There were ALOT of fumbles in this game, much more than I've seen in a H4Y game, with 10 fumbles lost and at least 2 more recovered by the fumbling team. Both my running backs had an 8+ ypc avg.

21. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

10 fumbles? WTF? Did DCD mess with the sliders on that?

22. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

10 combined fumbles

23. DirtycashDylan

I agree, the holding calls seem excessive. but at the same time what are most calls irl? holding. I'll move it from 60 to 55 and hope that works. btw, defensive pass interference, false start and roughing the kicker are around 85 but they have yet to make an appearance in one of my games.

24. nikpin

I've actually seen some false starts but none of the other 2.

25. Steamer43

I've seen some false starts too. Colorado had 6 holding penelaties in the first 9 minutes of play in my game.