Week 1, 2017

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by jandy, Oct 29, 2013.

1. jandy

jandy Walk On

We have officially kicked off season 5! Jbek and I worked on schedules for a while and I think they came out pretty good. Everyone has to have a non-conference game, which forced some guys to have to play 4 users, while others (mainly the SEC) only play 2. I know this sucks, but it's what we had to do. Next year's home and homes will be brand new, and hopefully the schedules will be a little bit more balanced.

=============== #1 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks will host Baylor (0-0).

=============== #3 Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies travel to Columbia to face the #23 South Carolina Gamecocks (0-0).

=============== #4 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Athens to face the Georgia Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== #9 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host Colorado (0-0).

=============== #11 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers are idle.

=============== #5 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers will host Vanderbilt (0-0).

=============== #8 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines will host Pittsburgh (0-0).

=============== #10 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sooners are idle.

=============== #16 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Longhorns will host Maryland (0-0).

=============== #12 Auburn Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== #18 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cardinal will host Rice (0-0).

2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Hate to complain, but can we maybe get rid of FCS games next year? I have two this go round. My strength of schedule is going to be terrible!

3. jandy

jandy Walk On

Yeah definitely. Sorry about that, it was my first time ever making schedules and clearly some things fell through the cracks

4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Just hope I don't end up undefeated #3 again because my SOS is so low.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Did you not do the protected inter-division rivalries?

6. jandy

jandy Walk On

Just more growing pains of a first time commish. I didn't realize I had to do that before preseason, and got caught up trying to advance quickly during the offseason

7. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Fml

• Like Like x 1
  8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

jandy for the competitive balance of the league we need to work on balancing the number of user games. I have no problem playing 3-4 user games IF everyone is playing that number. The SEC guys only playing 2 is not really fair at all. Especially when you consider the overall impact your record has on your program. IMO there is no reason to have OOC games in conferences where there are already 4 users that play each other.

9. jandy

jandy Walk On

I agree with you in that we need to balance the number of user games for everyone, and that should be sorted out next year with cross-division rivalries.

I think it's important that everyone plays a non-conference user game every year so that they're not playing the same schedule every season. It's also good to play different, new users

• Like Like x 3
  10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Hey y'all. I plan on playing my game tonight at about 9:15 CST. I had beggars night with the kids last night which killed that for me. I have the kids tonight and all weekend so I will play shortly after bedtime.

11. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Nittany Lions handle Colorado

upload_2013-10-31_11-21-26.png
    upload_2013-10-31_11-23-47.png
    Game Notes:

=Senior DJ Crook was given the start. His first drive saw some success, thanks to the efforts of the running game. However, on his first play in the redzone, Crook tossed a poorly thrown ball which was easily intercepted by the defense. Crook finished 1-3 for 1 yard. Jon Alexander substituted Crook on the very next drive, and demonstrated why many believe he is the right man for the job.

=The three headed monster put in an excellent game. Garand, Miller, and Walker combined for 266 yards on 36 carries, scoring two touchdowns.

=All Americans Jason Lewis and Paw Jones had quiet days at the WR position. The two veterans combined for 3 catches and 48 yards. However, as Alexander becomes more comfortable in the passing game, expect those numbers to increase dramatically game by game.

=Junior athletic Freak Bobby Davis recorded two sacks and was a constant thorn in the Colorado QBs side.

=Highly regarded freshman Marion Freeman caught a single pass for the days lone receiving touchdown. With the tailback position loaded, the coaches decided to make Freeman a utility weapon, and today he saw some playing time in the slot as a spell for Senior Richy Anderson.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jandy

jandy Walk On

For all of those that haven't used all of their recruiting points but want to, please do so before I advance tonight after Cy is done. Should be around midnight EST

13. jandy

jandy Walk On

DUCKS BEAT DOWN BEARS

yr 5 vs Baylor 2.PNG
    yr 5 vs Baylor.PNG

Despite the departure of Heisman finalists Jarvis Lumpkin and Thomas Tyner, expect more of the same from the Oregon offense this year. Dual-threat QB Will Bryant picked up where Lumpkin left off, leading the spread attack very effectively today.

The biggest story in this game was the return of Calvin Davidson. Davidson missed his sophomore season due to a torn shoulder, while a torn ACL kept him out all of last year. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Davidson was forced to redshirt last year. Despite his time off, Davidson looked like his former self, carrying the ball 19 times for 179 yards and 3 TD, including a 66-yard run to the house.​

• Like Like x 2
  14. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Does this mean we will be advancing soon?

15. jandy

jandy Walk On

Yes, after Cy has completed his game

• Like Like x 1