Week 1 2017

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Feb 28, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Eagles travel to Oxford to face the Miami University RedHawks (0-0).

=============== Idaho Vandals (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Vandals travel to Ames to face the Iowa State Cyclones (0-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to East Lansing to face the #20 Michigan State Spartans (0-0).

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host #7 Penn State (0-0).

=============== UAB Blazers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Blazers travel to Manhattan to face the Kansas State Wildcats (0-0).

=============== Army Black Knights (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Knoxville to face the #11 Tennessee Volunteers (0-0).

=============== #18 Western Michigan Broncos (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Broncos will host Central Michigan (0-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Fayetteville to face the #8 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0).

=============== Utah State Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies travel to Athens to face the #9 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0).

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Cincinnati to face the Cincinnati Bearcats (0-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Vanderbilt (0-0).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Stanford to face the #15 Stanford Cardinal (0-0).

2. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

ULL 28
    #15 Stanford 21

Well that was an interesting game. I could do absolutely nothing in the ground game. My only good runs were when Wright scrambled on broken plays. I'm unsure if my O-Line has taken a bigger step back than I thought they would or if Stanfords Dline was just that good. There was penetration on just about every play. They did blitz just about every play but I didnt see my Oline get dominated like that last season. My D was greatly imporved however. 6 sacks on the qb and forcing 3 INTs. Their top two CBs just SHUTDOWN my number 1 and 2 wide outs, neither had a catch. Scott Smith my TE came up huge for me catching 5 passes for 75 yards, 2 were for 1st downs after 3rd and longs. Im cautiously optimistic about my D but have some concerns about my offense, hopefully this was all just a cause of Stanford's D playing lights out. Either way it was a good win and looking forward to next week

3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

My offensive wasn't that great against Central Michigan. I wonder if DCD did anything to the sliders and didn't mention it.

4. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Kent State @ #20 Michigan St

This game was played in East Lansing, but it finished behind the woodshed. Kent State started off a little shaky on defense, but then completely locked down the Spartans in a 47-14 beatdown. On the Spartans first drive, they would strike hard and fast as their first play was a 59 yard completion followed by a 24 yard touchdown strike. Following two Kent State touchdowns, the Spartans would connect on a 79 yard touchdown pass.

After that, Michigan State could do nothing offensively. Those 3 passing plays would rack up 162 yards. Michigan State would finish with just 208 yards of offense so for those of you without a calculator, they were held to just 46 yards of offense after that.

Meanwhile the Golden Flash offense chopped and screwed the Spartan D. Kevin Davidson was efficient in his first start at QB completing 12 of 16 for 206 yards.

However, it was the running game that did the work as Kent State had 3 RBs with over 80 yards and each had two touchdowns.

MVP: 3rd string RS Frosh RB Eric Archer with 5 carries for 92 yds and 2 TDs in his Golden Flash debut.

5. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

EMU 38- Miami(Ohio) 0

Considering the fact that EMU has had a miserable real life history against the Redhawks, it was comforting to see a performance like this out of the Eagles. Running Back Brandon Harmon made his debut with 16 carries for 212 yards and 1 TD. Overall, it was an efficient performance on both sides of the ball including two defensive INT's at the 1 yard line, one of them returned by Zach Silva 99 yards for a TD which ultimately sealed the deal. A good debut on the road for the Eagles and their new 3-4 defense.

EMU opens the home season with a huge game against Central Michigan.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DirtycashDylan

WKU-45
    #9 Penn State-31

Best win post-James Franklin. Their DLine was wrecking shop so I had to just be patient and pound it out. Corey Douglas got his SR year started off right with 124 on 25 with 4 TDs, 3 BTK and a fumble.

Freshman speed receiver Dale Thomas caught 4 for 68 and a TD while Jenkins caught 7 for 113 and a score.

Cochran led the defense with 9 tackles and true freshman starting CB DJ Myrick had 3 tkls and a pic.

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State 38 - #9 Georgia 28
    Write-up later

8. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

That leaves Army, Arkie St and Idaho as the games remaining

9. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I just finished dont adv tho I need to set up my recruiting board.

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Well the forums just petered out and took with it my writeup for the UT game (which I will not be redoing).

[​IMG]
    (1 of 4 forced fumbles by Army, and we recovered 0).

[​IMG]

12. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

[​IMG]

Senior defensive tackle Tom Freaking Merrill tosses Iowa State's quarterback to the ground like the little rag doll he was. Mr. Merrill didn't appreciate the long stare at his package that the Cyclone enjoyed on his way down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After sputtering in the first quarter, the Vandals unleashed the power of the "Potato Gun" offense all over Iowa State's face. The Potato Gun methodically sliced and diced a poor Iowa State defense through the air and on the ground en route to a 41-0 lead. At that point, the Idaho coach had mercy and mass subbed the 2nd string for the last quarter and a half of action.

Highlights of the day were the running backs; Senior RJ Pitts had 13 carries for 186 yards including a 96 yard touchdown burst with just 26 seconds before halftime. The Islander, Eric Johnson, also carried the ball 13 times and picked up 86 yards. Jim Rice was Jim Rice. Efficient, poised, and accurate, though he did throw a stupid interception when I tried to get cute. The starting defense pitched a shutout and Iowa State only had 5 first downs when they were pulled in the middle of the 3rd quarter. From there, the scrubs allowed a couple of late scores to make the final 41-14 good guys.

Next week the Vandals welcome Washington State to the Kibbie Dome in Idaho's home opener.

13. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I think everyone has played.

14. DirtycashDylan

I still got some things to do in week 1. I woulda had them done already if I wasn't workin like a slave (25 hours a week! kill me now!)

15. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

aaa I see... you advancing to night? No big deal just want to know if I should plan on playing. It works a little better for me. Though I can play tomorrow afternoon if I need to.

16. DirtycashDylan

Wow, no :5stars: in FL or AL this year.

17. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

#18 Western Michigan 63
    @
    Central Michigan 10

1st Quarter:
    7:10 TD Western Michigan Shelton Robinson LE #90 13 Yd Inteception (7-0)
    6:21 TD Western Michigan Anthony Jones WR #12 51 Yd Punt Return TD (14-0)
    3:48 FG Central Michigan Joey Williams K #3 27 Yd Field Goal (3-14)
    1:24 TD Central Michigan James Goodman WR #14 6 Yd Pass from Matt Fitzpatrick QB #4 (10-14)
    2nd Quarter:
    7:46 FG Western Michigan Terrance Campbell K #6 56 Yd Field Goal (17-10)
    7:27 TD Western Michigan Travis Ruffin HB #26 28 Yd Rush (24-10)
    7:04 SF Western Michigan Ira Miller DT #97 Safety (26-10)
    3:57 TD Western Michigan Brian Powers HB #7 1 Yd Rush (33-10)
    0:00 FG Western Michigan Terrance Campbell K #6 19 Yd Field Goal (36-10)
    3rd Quarter:
    4:04 TD Western Michigan Travis Ruffin HB #26 80 Yd Rush (43-10)
    2:14 TD Western Michigan Brian Powers HB #7 25 Yd Rush (50-10)
    0:15 FG Western Michigan Terrance Campbell K #6 37 Yd Field Goal (53-10)
    4th Quarter:
    3:59 FG Western Michigan Terrance Campbell K #6 42 Yd Field Goal (56-10)
    0:44 TD Western Michigan Brian Powers HB #7 1 Yd Rush (63-10)

MVP: WMU HB Brandon Powers 17 Car 87 Yds 3 TDs 4 Receptions 46 Yards

The Turning Point: I'd say the first two drives when I scored on a pick 6 with a defensive end and a punt return before my offense had taken the field but they actually closed the gap to 14-10. Then I reeled off 49 points as they couldn't stop the rushing game.

Key To The Game: They ran the ball 25 times for 35 yards. I ran the ball 34 times for 337 yards. I'm pretty sure your not going to win many games with those kind of numbers.

Looking Ahead: Heading to the big house against #21 Michigan

18. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State upsets #9 Georgia 38-28

[​IMG]

Utah State upset ninth ranked Georgia by 10 points in an ugly sloppy game. Under pouring rain conditions, the two teams combined for 9 turnovers. Utah State jumped out to an early 7-0 lead to start the game on Senior CB Clint Williams's 38 yard INT return. Georgia answered with 17 unanswered points. The Aggies cut the lead to 21-14 with a 25 yard TD pass from Tyrone Coleman to Nick White before half. USU kept the momentum rolling, scoring 43 seconds into the 2nd half when Coleman connected to Aaron Palmer who took it for a 79 yard TD to take a 21-17 lead. A field goal and another TD pass by Coleman made it 31-21. UGA cut the lead late with a TD to make it 31-28 with under 2 minutes to go, but failed on an onside kick attempt. Utah State drove the ball down the field and sealed the game on a 5 yard TD run by Billy McClain.

Freshman QB Tyrone Coleman finished the game 11-30 for 259 yards, 3 TDs and 2 INTs. Coleman's day ended on the final drive though, as he tore a pectorial muscle on a run. Coleman will miss the next 2 games at least. Billy McClain ran for 83 yards on 17 carries scoring a TD. Player of the game goes to CB Clint Williams who intercepted 2 passes along witha forced fumble.