Week 1 2017

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by chopper393, Mar 4, 2013.

1. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Welcome to ESPN's College Gameday, live from Tallahassee, Florida, the site of this week's Game of the Week between the #8 Georgia Bulldogs and the #5 Florida State Seminoles. I'm Chris Fowler and I'll be joined by Herbie and the Coach to discuss this week's news from around the world of college football as well as preview this week's great slate of action on the gridiron.​
    [​IMG]
    We start here in Tallahassee, where Gameday is this week. Let's welcome Kate Upton with the latest news on this week's Game of the Week between the Bulldogs and the Seminoles.​
    "We start off the 2017 college football season with 2 top 10 teams squaring off. Both teams are coming off of 2nd place finishes in their respective conferences.​
    With Georgia being fairly inexperienced at the Quarterback position they will lean on their Senior tailback Clayton Pollard. He will try to bust through a solid FSU defense.​
    Florida State will use their senior combination of QB Courtney Matthews and HB Joey Turner to carry them to victory against another sound SEC defense.​
    Players To Watch:​
    For Georgia: HB Clayton Pollard​
    [​IMG]
    For Florida State: HB Joey Turner​
    [​IMG]
    Well, the headgear is here and ready to go so it's now time for our picks segment.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]#3​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    #10[​IMG][​IMG]#24​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    #9[​IMG][​IMG]
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    #21[​IMG][​IMG]#15​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]#1​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    #11[​IMG][​IMG]#4​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    #7[​IMG][​IMG]
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    #2[​IMG][​IMG]
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    Corso​
    [​IMG]
    GOTW​
    #8[​IMG][​IMG]#5​
    Herbie​
    [​IMG]
    "Not so fast my friend!"​
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for joining us on ESPN this morning, enjoy your day of college football on the ESPN family of networks.
    [URL='http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=iyBvtDGCqP186M&tbnid=Ntk71HFhboIT7M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Feverhart.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F11%2Fflorida-at-florida-state-tomorrow-in.html&ei=g600UY32NIq62gXM8ICwBw&bvm=bv.43148975,d.b2I&psig=AFQjCNEplKuw4_S5uw8OjbfZbFdjn9mkBg&ust=1362493176959039'][IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-002gNkubiZ8/ULANQRVrzlI/AAAAAAAAN9g/RYH7Vhj0NvI/s400/florida-state-seminoles-college-football-cheerleaders.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• Like Like x 3
  2. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Looks great as always man. This mean you're back for sure?

3. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Thanks, and I'm pretty sure I'm back now!

4. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Yesssss!!! God I forgot how much I loved these.

5. mboda

mboda Walk On

Stanford dominates in their season opener vs Colorado winning 55-0. Heisman hopeful QB Ryan Wise racked up 5 Tds (4 passing, 1 rushing) and had around 400 yards of total offense. The Stanford defense played lights out all game and ended up with a shutout. Jr CB T.C. Greene had a fantastic game locking down his side of the field and ended up with 4 interceptions which all came in the first half.

6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

4 INTs with one dude?? Damn, he gonna be like that Browner kid you had at corner that had like 16 INTs one year lol.

7. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Oregon defeats Alabama 63-31. The game was much closer than the score indicates as Bama ran all over Oregon for 254 yards and 3TDs. However Oregon QB Greg Lacy showed why he deserves to be in the Heisman conversation. On the first play from scrimmage he broke 2 tackles and took it to the house on a 70 yard run. His day only continued to get better as he was nothing short of spectacular. The defense stiffened in the 2nd half and Oregon was able to give coach chopper a W in his first game back from returning from the NFL. Oregon will need to shore up their defense if they hope to contend this year.

Player of the Game:
    QB Greg Lacy: 15/17 380yds 6TDs, 10att 194yds 1TD.