Week 1, 2018

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by cyhiphopp, Dec 6, 2013.

1. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

This aint your fathers Chompions league! All new PAC14 and a score of User games on the docket!

League teams all come into the season ranked in the top25 including the top 5 spots, 4 of which are in the PAC14.

GAME OF THE WEEK: #1 Texas A&M at #4 Penn State!

=============== #12 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Fort Worth to face the TCU Horned Frogs (0-0).

=============== #2 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks will host Idaho (0-0).

=============== #1 Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies travel to University Park to face the #4 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0).

=============== #3 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Razorbacks will host Arizona (0-0).

=============== #4 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #1 Texas A&M (0-0).

=============== #7 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers travel to Auburn to face the #25 Auburn Tigers (0-0).

=============== #14 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cardinal will host #24 Army (0-0).

=============== #19 Michigan State Spartans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Spartans will host Central Michigan (0-0).

=============== #5 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Trojans will host Hawai'i (0-0).

• Like Like x 1
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Jbek

It's time for Texas A&M to:

I'm free tomorrow evening after 7 CST, maybe earlier depending on training at work.

We could probably find some time Saturday too, just let me know what works for you.

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

By the way; props to jandy for putting the schedule together. Looks like everyone has either 3 or 4 regular season user games. Should be a challenge, and also, a blast!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

cyhiphopp

I don't think I'll be able to play that late tonight. If you can start around 6 p.m. cst, that would work. Let me know. If not, tomorrow will be fine!

And I think our game is in mile high! haha. I miss Joe pa...

5. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

jandy

Goodluck against Idaho, dude. I have a feeling Donnie Reynolds is gonna be thirsty for some revenge

6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think I will be able to swing 6 pm unless something goes terribly wrong at work.

I didn't think about neutral site. Now we both have to deal with the Denver altitude. Great!

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I find it really interesting to keep track of the high profile transfers like Reynolds. A lot of them end up putting up crazy numbers against lower level competition.

8. jandy

jandy Walk On

Made Mr. Reynolds pay for leaving Eugene. Game recap coming soon, but he threw 4 ints and spent most of the game on his back. No one leaves the Ducks. Quack quack, bitch.

9. jandy

jandy Walk On

I'd love to come and be a spectator for this one Jbek!

10. jandy

jandy Walk On

Idaho also has former Florida QB Mike Miller, who was actually playing defense and had an interception! Dude was everywhere on defense it seemed, it was pretty cool actually.

Advice to everyone: have a meeting for your players and tell them how bad Idaho is and it's where they'll go if they want their dreams to die. No more transfers to that school!

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I had a stud TE leave and go to Marshall of all places. I just send him a box score every week with me TE's stats highlighted. The sobs can be heard here in College Station.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Hey Cy, I won't be able to play tonight. My bad, man. I'll be able to play any time tomorrow though, whatever works best for you!

13. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Ill be starting my game around 230cst tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

FYI, A&M/PSU is scheduled for Noon CST Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jandy

jandy Walk On

I'm planning on advancing tomorrow night at the latest, so please get those games in guys! We still have Spayer419 Glen Cieske and fantasyboi yet to play

• Like Like x 1
  16. jandy

jandy Walk On

Looks like it's just fantasyboi and the user game to be played. Cy and Jbek had some connection trouble earlier but have rescheduled for 9pm EST. If I have not heard from fantasyboi by the end of the user game, I will advance.

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

So can we get an advance ... my thing has always been to play a little NCAA and kick the shit out of the CPU after an Ohio State loss. It's been a while

18. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

It's advanced

19. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Yeah there was an advance like an hour ago. Gonna make a post now

20. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

A&M Survives in Happy Valley
    12-7-2013 10-59-55 PM.jpg
    The team that A&M took on the road to Penn State was almost entirely different than the team that brought home the Crystal football last season. The only offensive starters returning were 4 O-Linemen. On defense, stand out DE Jess Rucker, MLB Mark McNeal, and 4-2-5 safety Tony Weldon where all that returned.
    The new Aggies delivered in a tight ball game against PSU.
    Penn State chose to take the ball out of the chute. They drove down the field rather quickly with good running and accurate passing to open the scoring with a big pass to Paw Jones.
    On the ensuing A&M drive it was quickly apparent that this was one of those games where the computer decided that starting QB Ben Alexander was going to have accuracy issues. Penn States defense is salty and on the few occasions early where they did get open, Alexander missed more often than not.
    The ground game became the focus for most of the game, with the occasional pass thrown in to keep the Nit Wits honest. HB Shelton Arrington was able to score a short TD at the end of the first quarter to know things up.
    Both defenses stood tall all game. Penn State was drove into the red zone right before halftime up 10-7 and looking to extend their lead. Senior leader Tony Weldon was able to intercept a pass in the end zone which would prove very important. A&M was still struggling to pass the ball but was able to get down into field goal range to kick the tying field goal, a possible 10 point swing if Penn State had been able to get a TD instead of the pick.
    That ended the first half 10-10.

Aggie return man and top receiver Darren Goodman took the second half kickoff 53 yards to set up his offense with good field position. He then caught a big pass on first down, but after the catch took a big hit and fumbled the ball back to PSU. All momentum gained was immediately lost.
    After trading field goals again, A&M QB Ben Alexander first of hopefully many great plays on the year. He followed his blocks beautifully on a 42 yard TD run to take the lead 20-13.
    Penn State would not be denied however. They quickly drove down the field and answered. A drive that included a successful 4th and 6 conversion. Fortunately for the Aggies there was still over 4 minutes on the clock. They were able to drive down the field and could do so mostly on the ground with all of the time remaining. The go ahead field goal was kicked from 33 yards out with 96 seconds remaining.

The Aggie D would step up, covering the pass very well and tackling a Penn State receiver inches short of the conversion on 4th down, sealing the win.

Player of the game:
    SS Tony Weldon: 8 total tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack and 1 BIG pick in the end zone.

Before the trip Tony was given the number 12 jersey. This is in honor of the A&M 12th man and will be given to the previous weeks MVP.
    He will get to wear it again in his next game.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 1