Week 1 2018

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Apr 6, 2011.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Welcome to Week 1!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Eagles travel to Akron to face the Akron Zips (0-0).

=============== #24 Idaho Vandals (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Vandals will host #1 Oklahoma (0-0).

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to South Bend to face the #11 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0).

=============== #19 Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Georgia Tech (0-0).

=============== UAB Blazers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Blazers travel to El Paso to face the UTEP Miners (0-0).

=============== Army Black Knights (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Colorado Springs to face the Air Force Falcons (0-0).

=============== #7 Western Michigan Broncos (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Broncos travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (0-0).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Waco to face the Baylor Bears (0-0).

=============== Utah State Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Warhawks will host Vanderbilt (0-0).

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Colorado (0-0).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns will host Tulsa (0-0).

2. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

Whoo Hoo!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well, I was in the process of laying the wood to Notre Dame. Up 34-7 in the 3rd and my power flickers off and then back on. Very irritating as i'm crashing now and will have to make time to get in some time tomorrow... Scared me too cuz my xbox started flashing red rings and i really don't wanna dick with a jacked up xbox again...

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Eagles Open Up Season With Win-

Akron, OH - Despite the fact that the Eagles lost their starting QB and their starting RB for five weeks(after rushing for 189 yards and 2 TD's), the Eagles were able to depend on their defense and running game to put up an opening week 24-7 victory on the road at Akron. The Eagles defense did a solid job throughout the entire contest as the Zips were nearly held to their namesake except for one decent possession in the third.
    Akron was held to a mere 168 yards of offense on the day, with 125 of them coming throuh the air. The Eagles were also able to hold Akron to 1-11 on 3rd Down Conversions, a key stat considering the fact that the Eagles have had a ton of problems with this on the defensive end throughout the past several years.
    Before the two injuries, the Eagles offense looked solid. Senior QB Dustin Mayes was 8/10 for 104 yards and Junior Running Back Jason McPherson ran 26 times for 189 yards and 2 TD's, maintaining the Eagles tradition for solid running. After his injury, the Eagles depended on Charlie Vaughn who ran 11 times for 47 yards and Robert Roach who ran 6 times for 69 yards including a 57 yard TD which sealed the deal.
    "We've got depth at running back." said Coach Crumb. "We're definitely a bit thin in quality after our starting QB but our defense should be able to keep us in more games this year."
    The Eagles will continue their run through the MAC with the home opener against the Chippewas at Rynearson.

5. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

UAB goes into El Paso and comes away with a BIG win-

UAB and coach jkyle5 start the season off right with a 53-21 victory on the road against the UTEP Miners. JUCO transfer (SS) Terrell Waters halted what looked to be a promising opening drive for the miners when he picked off a pass from UTEP's (QB) Jamar Johnson, taking it on a 41 yrd ride back to the endzone. It was all downhill from there for UAB. UAB (QB) A.J. Howard got his first start at the D-1 level ripping apart the hapless Miner secondary, going 16-23 for 255 yrds and 3 TD's. Coach jkyle had this to say about his squads impressive opening: "We've got a long way to go. This is how any team wants to start the year off but, it's just one game. We'll take this season just like we do every season, one game at a time. I'll say it was a good win but now it's time to move on and focus on our next game @ Fresno State." The Blazers make the road trip to Fresno next week, 9-1-18. Fans, remember to get the best deal on airfair and hotel accomidations by visiting priceline.com, official sponser of UAB football.

6. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Ill be home from work at 7 et t o play my game

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah I'll have to play my game again when i get off work around 5:30 ct.

8. nikpin

[​IMG]

MVP: WMU HB Travis Ruffin 23 Carries 192 Yards 3 TDs

The Turning Point: When Purdue jumped up to a :4stars: Prestige and I decided to schedule them.

Keys To The Game: They were absolutely mauled at the point of attack on both sides of the ball I ran 49 times for 402 yards and 4 TDs. They ran 20 times for -10 yards and never found the end zone.

Key Loss: Starting HB and All-American Travis Ruffin(88 OVR) is out for 9 weeks with a strained back. He should hopefully return in time for the Week 10 matchup against Kent State.

Looking Ahead: Next week should be a battle of top ten opponents as Notre Dame comes to Kalamazoo.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah that's what I said about John Newby last year and you saw how that turned out...Here's hoping you don't have Ruffin this year...

Oh and Notre Dame won't be top ten next week...I'll see to that.

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I should be able to get my game in around 5.

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Yea lookin forward it more this year I may have a player or two on it.

13. nikpin

I was thinking about not doing the all NP team this season and going a different route. Any ideas?

My only idea is to maybe break down the positions by team and put them in tier's and then write it up. Or just go with the old All-NP team.

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Arky St. - 42
    Baylor - 25

I think that's the right score. Don't know if it saved or not as the servers were down after my game finished and it wouldn't let me save.

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I like that idea...The All-NP team bores me now cuz it's the All-Nik's team now. Break it down by position... And do it quickly...

16. nikpin

Well I was thinking about trying to do a position a day. Yea the problem with the All-NP team was that it was WMU heavy and was only getting worse. That way I can include even Redd's shitty team in the write up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I clawed my way to a 33-30 victory over #1 ranked OU. Those sonofaguns were fast everywhere. I had trouble running early, but stuck with it and eventually ripped off a couple of 8-10 yard runs. Sophomore QB Earl Walker was impressive throwing for nearly 400 yards and 3 TDs (2 to sophomore sensation Caleb Carlson). The other TD pass was the turning point of the game.

After trailing 17-13 at halftime, I was able to get a 3rd quarter score to go up by 3. But then OU answered right back. On the first play after the kickoff, Walker made his only real mistake of the day, underthrowing an open receiver, which resulted in an interception deep in my own territory. With a 4 point lead and the ball on the Vandal 10, the Sooners were in great shape to take a commanding lead. But on their first play, they threw into the endzone and my true frosh corner Zac Hunt was able to step in front and snag the pick. He could see the endzone 104 yards away and decided to make a dash for it. Unfortunately, he was quickly tackled on the Idaho 6.

1st and 10 from my own 6, and Walker connects on a deep smash route for a 94 yard touchdown and reclamation of the lead.

On their ensuing drive, the Sooners tried to pound the ball but the heart and soul of my defense, Mr Pat Spicer, "peppered" the OU tailback, and then jumped on the ball. I was able to kick a couple of field goals to take a 33-24 lead with three minutes left. OU made short work of my defense and scored a touchdown of their own with 2 minutes left. And then the team with A+ offense and A+ defense showed that their special teams being rated a D is no fluke. They botched the extra point and then their onside kick barely traveled 5 yards. Idaho was able to get two first downs and kneel the clock out, preserving the 33-30 upset over the top-ranked Land Thieves.

18. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Hoping to get the offense up tonight; if i can do that then defense should be up tmrw

19. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

i like this idea

20. CoachRedd

Colorado survives trip to Murfreesboro

I came all the way back from down 17 to have a shot to win or tie with the ball in the fourth quarter but eventually my wide open WR dropped a 4th down pass to end the game. Last years problems haunted me again this year... having a D rated team across the board means multiple dropped passes, wide open running lanes for the opposition, and no blocking from my horrible offensive line. Oh well, what are you gonna do?

Final Score: Colorado 28 MTSU 25

Bobby Cooper was impressive in his debut as he went 16 for 32(alot of drops accounted for the incompletions) 230 yards and 2 TDs without throwing a pick. He also added a rushing TD. My wingback Pierre Cutler had 13 rushes for 87 yards and senior wideout Jared Thomas had 8 receptions for 112 yards and 2 TDs. My D speed TE contributed a not-too-shabby 3 receptions for 56 yards.

21. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Fwiw red, I'm 0-3 against Colorado and a few seasons ago asked Dylan to leave them off my schedule.

22. CoachRedd

Yeah they were tough... last year I had an equally shitty team and still went 4-0 vs CPU. Oh well, it is what it is.

23. CoachRedd

I think I take the title for toughest schedule this year. @Kent State, @Western Kentucky, vs Western Michigan, @Arky State, EMU, @Idaho, Army, UAB

24. nikpin

Steamer was the only one with an A+ Schedule rating but that was by his request.

25. CoachRedd

I meant users though... I play all the powerhouses of the east plus the last two years west champions.