Week 1, 2019

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Season 7, let's get it boys

=============== #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Buckeyes travel to Dallas to face the #9 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0).

=============== #6 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks will host Colorado (0-0).

=============== #1 Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== #2 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Razorbacks travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (0-0).

=============== #10 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.

=============== #4 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers will host Oklahoma State (0-0).

=============== #12 Stanford Cardinal (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cardinal travel to Norman to face the #22 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0).

=============== #3 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Trojans are idle.

=============== #11 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines are idle.

=============== #13 Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host SMU (0-0).

=============== #19 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Longhorns are idle.

Deadline is tomorrow at 8 central unless you give me a reason to extend. Half the teams are on bye

2. tacosaban

tacosaban Walk On

If we advance before 6 pm central tomorrow...I can play whoever my week 2 opponent is...otherwise it will have to be friday. Anytime after 3pm central. Thanks 256 343 5138 is my cell...text me if you need to we will set it up.

3. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

WEEK ONE BYE?!?!!? NAHHHHHHH SON

4. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

Was thinking about playing the opener all day at work today, hoping to get a chance to showcase my new Nittany Infinity Offense. Guess it'll have to wait.

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I saw that you were working till 10 tonight so i thought it might help you. Also, with conference schedules so front-loaded i needed to make sure everyone had decent games for visits later on.

Extra time to write season preview though!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

I was actually writing a rough draft during work today (It's training so there was a lot of mundane videos to ignore). Thanks for keepin me in mind though. Goodluck vs. Bama!

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Please elaborate on this Nittany Infinity Offense. Sounds dangerous

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

A LEGEND IS BORN
    FRESHMAN QB RALLIES BUCKEYES TO GAME-WINNING DRIVE
    Many pundits assume that #5 Ohio State will go only as far as true freshman quarterback T.Y. Suggs can take them this season. While the sentiment is likely only partially true -- The Buckeyes will also have to overcome replacing nine other starters on offense and a collection of talent on the other side of the ball -- it was definitely the case Saturday night as Suggs played centerpiece in a miraculous Ohio State victory.

Playing on the grand stage that is the Jerry Dome in the Texas Kickoff Classic, #5 Ohio State and #9 Alabama orchestrated a contest between two programs looking to return to the mountain top. The back-and-forth battle saw Ohio State strike first, as Suggs found Gabe Jackson for a three-yard score on the opening drive. Going against conventional wisdom, Speyer elected to lean on Suggs' arm during the games' first possession, as the young slinger quickly found poise and connected on seven of his first nine attempts.

The scored remained unchanged until the second quarter, when Tide tailback Brandon McMahan plunged into the end zone for a three-yard score. The bruising runner proved to be a nightmare for Ohio State all game, rushing for 110 yards and two scores on 18 carries. The senior's second score came early in the fourth quarter, tying the game at 17-17.

As the Tide's offense picked up steam and started to roll throughout the second half, Ohio State's faltered. Behind a line featuring four new starters, junior half back Erik Reyes struggled to find any creases in his first start. As a result, Speyer went into conservative mode, electing not to force the issue with an unproven quarterback on such a grand stage. The gameplan would have to be changed, however, as Alabama took its first lead of the game, 20-17.

With 1:45 left to play Suggs led the offense on to the field with no timeouts remaining. Speyer called a run for Reyes and another for Suggs on the first two plays. But neither attempt amounted for any yards, and even worse, the clock was drained to under a minute as neither runner was able to make it out of bounds. On third-and-ten Suggs found fellow freshman Mike Wilson on a slant for a 13-yard pickup to keep the drive alive. But Suggs wasn't done making big plays.

The Buckeyes again faced third-and-ten, this time around midfield, when Suggs hit another freshman, running back Bishop Hicks for a gain of nine. Poised beyond his years, Suggs rushed the offense to the line of scrimmage and called a quick dive to Hicks which gained 6 and again kept the drive alive. Suggs then found Jimmy Williams along the near boundry for 17. With the ball on the 27-yard line, Speyer decided to trust Suggs. Using hand signals from the sidelines, he gave his prized recruit from a season ago simple instructions. If its there, make sure we're getting a first down. If it's not there, throw it out of bounds.

It was there.

Suggs took a three step drop and threw a rifle to former walk-on receiver Rodney Garcia. Garcia
    caromed in the spiral at the ten yard-line, accelerated past a trio of oncoming defenders, and fell into the end zone for the game-winning score.

T.Y. Suggs: 20-29, 249 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT -- 31 yards rushing

[​IMG]

Suggs throws the game-winning touchdown

• Like Like x 1
  9. jandy

jandy Walk On

Who's playing QB for you?