Week 1, 2019

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

New season underway, should be the best one yet. Some great matchups to kick off season 1. I did the best I could with the schedules, I apologize for some of the tough stretches a few of you will face this year, but it will only make it sweeter when you get through successfully. Best of luck to everyone. ​
    #2 Ohio State vs. #7 Stanford​
    #1 Notre Dame vs. #10 Florida State
    #11 Georgia Tech vs. Tulane​
    #4 Alabama @ #15 Michigan
    User Game of the Week: #13 Florida vs. #17 UNC

2. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Antonio T. what time tomorrow is good for you because i have class at 8 am

3. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

I'm in the west, so right now is good, and anytime after 4pm PST tomorrow. Just text me when you can play 619-829-4163

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Everyone please try to be done by tomorrow. I would like to play FSU on Thursday before he goes out of town for the weekend

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Beat Stanford, Lose Lewis
    The No. 2 Ohio State Buckeyes won their first game of the 2019 season, but suffered one of the biggest losses imaginable. In OSU's 34-14 victory against No. 7 Stanford, junior quarterback left the game in the third quarter with an elbow injury after receiving a seemingly harmless hit on a sack. It's not being reported that Lewis has shattered a bone in his left throwing elbow and will miss the rest of the season. Lewis, the former top overall recruit in the nation, considered leaving for the NFL draft last season, but instead decided to return to Columbus for a shot at the national title. OSU is still very much alive for that goal, but will have to accomplish it without their best offensive player. Said coach Meyer, "just utter shock in the locker room today. We have to regroup and get right. We need some of the other guys step up as leaders. This is a tough pill to swallow."

6. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Damn man, that sucks. I know you'll be fine with your backups, but still sucks to lose your top guy so early.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jandy

jandy Walk On

Unlucky Spayer...looks like the Chazz Moore era might start earlier than expected if Butler goes down at all

8. jandy

jandy Walk On

Let us know when you guys set a time. I, as well as others I'm sure, would like to know when we can advance... I'm ready to start some recruiting battles! Who's with me??

• Like Like x 1
  9. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I would like you to stay far away form my recruits / board plz jandy

FSU got simply out-classed last night. Cys guys made plays for him, lockdown single coverag allowed him to blitz like a mad man and our run game could nt get going. Really annoying having to finish games EA doesn't even allow you to play in. He built some momentum an it go worse as the game went on. Perfect example of a game I was talking abou when we were discussing home and homes. It was over before it began.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I would like to try to get this game in this evening, if possible. I have to work Thursday and will be preparing to leave Friday mid-day. Hopefully we can get it in right on the adv.

11. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I can play tonight at around 7-730 EST

12. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

if this goes down Spayer419 want to aim for 830-9pm Eastern tonight???

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Can't. I'm covering the OSU-Minni game tonight. It tips off at 7, so I anticipate being out of there no later than 11

14. jandy

jandy Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

That game just kinda got out of hand. I laid of the blitz late in the game because I had to keep a spy back to keep you from taking off but by then it was too late. When your DBs can pull in 6 picks you have a pretty good shot at winning.

It's a whole new cast of characters on offense with Gant, the top two HBs, top WR, and top TE graduating last year. New starting QB Eric Williams looks to maximize his Senior season at the helm. He was quoted as saying, "I can't replace Gant. Few players can. I just have to be the best QB I can and do enough to help Notre Dame win. When I came in a few years ago as a JuCo Sophmore I knew Gant would be starting ahead of me. I just worked hard and did my best as the backup. Now is my time to shine!" The FSU defense did their best to keep the speedy Williams under wraps. The zone read wasn't terribly effective early and when the score got higher, coach HipHopp decided to grind it out with the HBs to keep Williams healthy. It worked. While there is a while new cast of skill position players, the Offensive Line returned everyone and they were mauling last night. The defense also returns many starters including a loaded all Sr starting DL, all of whom should have a shot to play at the next level. They were able to put consistent pressure on FSU by themselves and when coach mixed in some blitzes, the pressure went through the roof. There's little fear leaving the defensive backs singled up on an island either. The top two corners graduated last year, but they are replaced by very capable players as ND has built a solid pipeline of CB talent. The two starting safeties return from last year including Thorpe award winner Gary Andrews who did not disappoint in the first game of season racking up 9 tackles, 1.5 sacks and 2 picks.

Life without Gant will be different, but Notre Dame is still a solid team.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  16. jandy

jandy Walk On

CJTHA1 shoot me a text or post here when you finish tonight and I'll get on and advance us

17. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

No problem

18. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Ok tommorrow night we will have to fit it in after I get off work. 7pm eastern Thursday??

19. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

That'll work thanks

20. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Tony just ocnfirmed that they've pushed the kick off time back 20 mins from now (roughly 9:30 east)

Assuming they're done at 10:45 jandy are you still around to adv and Spayer419 I know you said you're at the game but if we could kick off at 11 sharp would you be able to play tonight? I'd much rather try to get it in tonight than rush around to play tommorow night. But you have obligations so I understand if you can't commit.

21. jandy

jandy Walk On

I'll advance as soon as they're done

• Like Like x 1
  22. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

We are kicking off in 10 mins

• Like Like x 1
  23. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah we just got done with postgame interviews. i can play at 11 PM

• Like Like x 1
  24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

jandy I will be able to do the advance as well

25. jandy

jandy Walk On

Sounds good. Is the user game being played now?