Week 1: Chiefs (34) Chargers (14)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bluebean, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Week 1: Chiefs (34) Chargers (14)

The Kansas City Chiefs get the early jump on the AFC West with a hard fought 34-14 win over their division rival San Diego Chargers. Both teams struggled on offense at times but the Chiefs were able to get 3 huge plays from Jamaal Charles to pull out the win. Here is a Quick Summary of the Game.

The Chiefs score the first points of the game on a Jamaal Charles blast up the middle untouched for 54 yards and a score to take a 7-0 lead with just 56 seconds remaining in the opening quarter. Then midway through the 2nd Quarter, Sage Rosenfels hits Bernard Berrian on a short pass which is taken to the house 57 yards to extend the Chiefs lead to 14-0. Sammy comes right back and marches the Chargers down field in which Phillip Rivers hits Mike Thomas for a 11 yard TD pass with just 9 seconds remaining in the half to make it Chiefs 14-7 at the half.

The 3rd Quarter seen a lot of defense as the Chiefs were able to get a 36 yd. Succop FG to extend the lead to 17-7. In the 4th Quarter, Succop connects again from 25 yards make it a 20-7 game. On the Chiefs next drive, Jamaal Charles sheds a tackle and explodes for a 59 yard TD run for a 27-7 Chiefs lead. The Chargers answer right back in just over a minute with another Rivers to Thomas 28 yd TD pass to close the gap to 27-14. But, it was that guy again, Jamaal Charles returning the ensuing kickoff 108 yds for a TD to give the Chiefs a commanding 34-14 lead and that's how it ended.

Sammy looked good at times in the passing game with Gates catching 6 ball for 138 yards, Thomas 4 for 57 with 2TD's, and Jackson 4 for 71 but his guys just dropped too many balls which could have kept him very much in this ball game. (All-Madden?) I was just lucky to catch some big holes with Charles and get 21 instant points with him. I have no clue about my QB situation as I started Rosenfels, subbed in Croyle, then finished with Cassel. Great Game Sammy, we'll do it again later in the year.

Chiefs: 1-0
    Chargers: 0-1

2. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

All- Madden exactly, there wer too many drops like that where it looked like i caught the pass and I even started to run with the ball, and it just fell incomplete.

Not that it was the difference in the game, Bluebean killed me with big plays all game from Charles and newly aquired Berrian(thanks Tank)

Once again, I could not get the rushing game going, once was a rushing force in Madden 10, is now a shell of his former self. Mathews 16 rushes 25 yds. thats just unheard of in a game involving me. somethings up

P.S. Blocking downfield is way too perfect in this game

Great Play Bluebean, we'll meet again, hopefully with alot less turnovers