Week 1: College Gameday

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by sawemoff, Jul 15, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    [\*Camera Pans out over Doak Campbell Stadium*/]
    Rece Davis: The battle of two titans will collide here tonight at the historic Doak Campbell Stadium or by some that know it as Bobby Bowden's Field. Welcome to Week One's College Gameday! I'm your host Rece Davis and joining me is Desmond Howard, Kirk Herbstreit and the notorious flip flopping picker Lee Corso. Well let's start out by saying this matchup is a great way to kick the Pushing For Paydirt season off, what do you guys think?​
    Desmond Howard: These coaches, these players and these students will be rocking this place out tonight. Oregon and Florida State are both powerhouses in their perspective conferences.​
    [\*Lee Corso jets in*/]
    Lee Corso: Now let me stop you Des, this game is going to be fast. And when I mean fast, I mean the players will be flying out of their shoes fast. Everyone on this field has sprinter track speed and it should be a good one.​
    Desmond: I know all about speed but yes these high powered offenses will take precedence in this one and that is why I think the fans decided to vote for this matchup.​
    Rece Davis: Kirk, would you like to voice your opening opinions on this game before we talk about the other games around the nation?​
    Kirk Herbstreit: Well I will just say I agree with what Des and Lee have said but I am looking forward to how both of these defense's react to the pace of the game. With the nation watching tonight this game will be fun to watch.​
    Rece Davis: And now before we get too carried away we would like to thank PFP for having us here at TSO and to let the people watching at home know there are other matchups worthy of watching. But let's start with the lesser of games and hit on the USC vs NC State game. The Trojans will be flying across the nation to play this game in Raleigh, NC. Could there possibly be a consideration for jet lag, Lee?​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Lee: Not at all, USC finally gets to play in a season where they are eligible for a bowl game and no, jet lag will not stop this team. It would not matter if they flew around the world 20 times! The Trojans will be ready and boy you better believe it could be a long day for the Wolfpack.​
    Kirk: USC is a force to be reckoned with and to be picked by many analysts to be in the National Championship game should say something about the coaching staff and recruiting they have done in their probation period. The defense and offense are by far the best in the nation, and you will definitely see a Matt Barkley-Robert Woods connection.​
    Desmond: Well I guess I will talk about NC State since neither of you wanted to pay them attention. No doubt they are rebuilding and especially after they lost Russell Wilson to Wisconsin last year and struggled to break even in ACC play. Their QB, SR Mike Glennon, will keep the Wolfpack in this game. This Senior is highly underrated as he threw for 3054 yards, 31 TDs and 12 INTs. HE will be the deciding factor in this one.​
    Rece: Now I would have to say that you cannot count out NC State in this one. They have the weapons on offense and defense to pull this upset off. Playing at home with nothing to lose, this could be a great game. Now for the bigger matchups, Utah vs North Carolina and Washington vs Virginia Tech. Which one would you all like to dive into first, Des?​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Desmond: Let's go with the new look of North Carolina going up against Utah. Utah struggled last year and they hope to look to redeem themselves from a poor performance in the PAC 12. Then you have North Carolina who is changing their defense from a 4-3 to a 4-2-5 and they have thrown their pro style offense away and have gone to the spread. A lot of question marks in this game so it could just be one of those sloppy games where whoever makes the least mistakes will pull out the W.​
    Kirk: You are right about that, Utah has the better offense but will they be able to move the ball on a stout defense. Not many people see the 4-2-5 so will they be able to make the right adjustments to win the game. But like you mentioned Des, will UNC even be able to move the ball themselves with the spread ‘em out offense?​
    Lee: Utah has a pretty good defense if you did not know, and that could be disastrous for UNC. SS Brian Blechen is good and could give UNC QB Brynn Renner nightmares. Blechen is a guy that has come in as a true Freshman and turned around this Utah defense. Look for this kid to snag the ball a couple of times.​
    Rece: Now before we dive into tonight's game we will give our analysts a break and show you what really drives both of these teams, their mascots.​
    [\*Gameday Crew walks off stage and camera pans to the video-tron*/]
    Rece: We were able to catch up with the Duck and this is what some of the players had to say.​
    Rece: Now you have to some major upper body strength to be able to keep up with how fast and how many points this Oregon offense can put up on their opponents. Florida State has many traditions and not one is greater than Chief Osceola. We teamed up with the College Network here in Tallahassee to bring you an inside scoop on what happens behind the scenes.​
    Rece: And I am sure Osceola and Renagade will fire up this Florida State crowd tremendously for this game. As we wane closer to game time our team will now breakdown this great, great matchup.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Desmond: Florida State last year struggled with a lot of injuries and really put a damper on a season that could have been great. QB EJ Manuel will now have a very healthy offensive staff that can go toe to toe with any offense in the nation. Sophomore RB Devonta Freeman will look to build upon his Freshman performance and prove he is the guy to go to consistently. With the receiving corp Florida State has put together Oregon will not only have to focus in on Rashad Greene and Rodney Smith but as well as young buck Kenny Shaw. Shaw is very explosive and I know he will have a major impact in the game. Now on the defensive side you have a lot of talent here and could possibly turn out to be the best defense in the nation. Last year they ranked 8th in nearly every category nationally. You want to talk about speed from Oregon check out all of them Florida boys on the roster. They have some SEC speed and SEC depth. They are led by LOLB Christian Jones who had 56 tackles last season. Jones has been quoted to say they will be the most feared and the best defense in the nation for the rest of stay at FSU. This FSU team is deadly and will look to declare their first victim of the season tonight.​
    Kirk: You know this talk about Oregon being a high flying spread team that works at a tremendously fast pace overshadows what they can do defensively. The Ducks have many vets on this squad and their Senior leader is none other than FS John Boyett. I bet you this kid could play for any collegiate baseball team in the outfield. The way he wanders out there like he is a baseball play is phenomenal. His play recognition with his speed is very deadly and can create a lot of problems for any WR on this Seminole squad. I think Boyett has played a great deal in making these Duck WRs a lot better. They also have All American ROLB Michael Clay. In my opinion he could play right next to Boyett at SS if he wanted too. He is really aware on the field and sees things develop before anyone else and puts himself in position to make a play every time. Good luck trying to break his tackle because not many can and I can guarantee if you do it will not happen again. Now look everyone knows about this offense and I do not need to redundant in saying they are fast but they depend on their speed to tire out defenses. They score a tremendous amount of points but they do need to watch out in this game. If they score to fast they are leaving their defense susceptible to Florida State's offense. Lead by QB Bryan Bennett, he will be looking to run this spread option team to perfection and he has a lot of good players backing him. RBs De'Anthony Thomas and Kenjon Barner are true scatbacks. They are track speed fast and instead of a 1-2 punch between a power and fast back, you get full speed 100% of the time. These guys will have to be the ones that break down the tough FSU defense.​
    Lee: Now let me tell you all something. Florida State and Oregon should combine for a lot of offense but I think both defenses will cause a lot of turnovers. All this talk about offense is like what you said Kirk, it "overshadows" these two defenses. Look for both teams to come out on defense to make a statement and whoever wins the turnover battle will win this game.​
    Rece: Now the moment of truth as these guys deliver their picks. Let’s start from the beginning.​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Kirk: USC
    Desmond: NC State
    Lee: USC
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Desmond: North Carolina
    Kirk: North Carolina
    Lee: Utah
    [\*COLLEGE GAME DAY PICK*/]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Desmond: I am really liking Florida State's chance here and I will be doing the tomahawk with all of these students toinght, FSU!
    Kirk: This crowd and this FSU team are the real deal and while I think Oregon has enough weapons to win I got to go with the Seminoles here.
    Lee: NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS! Oregon should be considered the favorites after winning the Rose Bowl against a great Wisconsin team so you know who I am picking.
    [\*shuffles around behind the desk and pulls out a Duck's head piece*/]
    What is this doing behind here, get this out of here.
    [\*throw it away and puts on a Indian headdress*/]
    LETS GO FSU!!!!
    [\*tomahawks*/]
    Rece: That will do it here in Tallahassee. We look forward to this exciting matchup. Enjoy your Saturday and will see you soon!​
    [\*Camera pans out over the crowd*/]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Very cool bro

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Where did you get those logos sawemoff?

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Me neither until I did this last night lol

7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

fantastic man. All 3 picked FSU? wtf, bros?

8. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Thanks! Haha they have mind of their own!

9. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

10. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Absolutely awesome sawemoff . This might be my favorite part of each week, bad ass work dude.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Thanks man, it took awhile but the finished product makes it worth it!

12. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Speaking as a guy who worked on a football television production, this reads like a rundown (without all the extra technical stuff thrown, but you get my drift). Awesome stuff, saw!

• Like Like x 1
  13. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Thanks man, not sure what happened with the logos though :confused:

14. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Haha with the technical stuff I meant that it doesn't have "Camera 1, OTS, cut to package," etc. in there, wasn't making a crack about the logos.

15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I know what you meant. I just now noticed that the logos are not showing up. lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Don't think my Ducks didnt notice ;)