Week 1 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Nov 1, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

For now, let's see how putting the week's content in this thread and making a thread like this for each week.

I want to see EVERYONE active in the conversation here, even if it is just a blurb about your game and a little small talk about other games. Even if you aren't creative, you can definitely still find stuff that is interesting here to talk about. Be involved!

The more everyone puts in to it as a whole, the more motivated we will all be to add content.

2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

hey soda just give me something to do im to busy with all the other leagues to think of anything lol

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Well im not sure what sort of pace we are going to be having here, but I would love to do a gameday feature weekly like I do in the redshirts. Either that or power rankings or something similar.

However, in the meantime... Who will be one of your biggest impact players this year?

For me it's DT Marcus Forston. A 99 overall rated 6'3" 314lbs lineman who will be shutting down the pass and the running game. 96 strength, 99 power moves, 96 block shedding. Good luck blocking this guy.

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I think either of those features would be awesome Pa. I personally love the college gameday but I imagine that takes you much longer than the power rankings. Those types of things is what makes the Redshirts such an awesome OD to be a part of and it would give this OD a swift kick in the ass that it needs. There also has to be some sort of repercussions for people that just don't bother to be a part of any conversation around here on the boards. We only had 1 Bowl summary, are they that time consuming? If posting is such a hassle for some guys, then why even join up for this site?? That's what TF is all about, interraction with the fellow members. I think I had 5 user games last season and only the game against JoeDesigns & BoSoxFan was I able to even talk to them. This is seemingly a common occurance not only in this OD but in most OD's in general now. Do people ever use their mics or are they that consumed by winning where they can't be bothered by talking to their opponent? Hopefully with the new blood around here, we'll get some more guys willing to use the forum space we were provided.

5. PAgamer07

Totally agree with you buddy. Im not really sure what's going on over here to be honest with you. It's definately quiet, and hopefully we can liven the conversation up some. We have a new season kicking off and no one is talking about it. I know this post was just put up, so hopefully it gets some more feedback.

6. SodaAddict

I am going to try to add a scouting report feature for user games with stats on the games and a report from each opponent.

Joe, can you still do those logos up?

It would be really cool to use them to introduce team sections when we are doing team-specific content.

7. SodaAddict

Bud, would it be too time-consuming to do a weekly wrap-up feature?

What I have in mind is basically starting with the stuff that Nautica puts up each week from the Dynasty Wire with the brief recaps, then writing a little thing about each. You could send out requests for people to give you feedback and stuff and you could paste any game summaries posted in to the feature.

If that would be too time-consuming, maybe we could get you and someone else to tag team on it.

My thought is that basically we could use this to kind of... replace the traditional method of people posting game summaries and only a handful of people checking them out. It would put the week's stories all together in to one post that includes rumors, stories, summaries, and recruit information. That way everyone has one place to look.

I can help out with that too, let me know if you think you could do something like that, or if any of you would like to help out with this let me know.

If someone could do up a power rankings thing that would be great, but just make sure that you keep it up to date if you make that commitment.

Continue coming up with stuff and the conversation will come.

8. PAgamer07

What about designating reporters for each conference?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SodaAddict

Good idea. Very very good idea.

Just need some volunteers.

10. AJ Hart MN

I'll do a power rankings thread. I probably only can do it once a week (real time). I have the most free-time on weedends so maybe like every saturday I could do it. I would just like to help in any way, don't want you and Pa to do everything.

11. PAgamer07

Ill take the ACC Soda, its probably best if one guy per conference does this. Ill call it around the ACC and will be weekly starting week 2 once some scores and what not are in..

12. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Well the Hokies narrowly won avoiding a late game collapse against the Aggies of Texas A&M. I'll add more later, but Junior David Wilson showed he is ready to take the reins of the offense and Junior Quarterback Logan Thomas looks much improved.

13. SodaAddict

Good start, BoSox! Congrats on the win.

14. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

Just a heads up in the land of the Pigskin Prognosticators. Mike Ford is a Junior RB with the LSU Tigers and will be steamrolling across a field near you very soon. Get up, pack up, or whatever, better just get out of the way because dude is unstoppable.

15. SodaAddict

Your team is so loaded, Dean. You can thank Nautica for that. Those RB's you have are unbelievable.

16. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Until, you play Bama. Just sayin there roster is pretty nice. I see why Joe switched there.

17. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

Mucho Gracious, Nautica

18. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

After my first game, I'm feeling pretty damn good about my Tide.

19. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I thought you would that DT you have should be an absolute beast.

20. AJ Hart MN

Even though my Gators were shaky in their opener, we fully expect our freshmen qb's to get better each and every week. All this talk of Bama and LSU has me getting sick to my stomach.. ;)

Just want to tell you guys the SEC still goes through Gainesville. It will be that way until a USER can take that away from me. This may be the year to do so with the qb situation but we do have a lot of talent around these kids. It will be fun watching how you guys do with those teams as they both are ready made to be Title contenders this season. See you in Gainesville in about 5 weeks LSU, I owe those a-holes a good old fashioned ass kicking!!! J/K guys, good luck to the both of you and hopefully we can have great rivalries going forward. :D

21. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

As well is Trent Richardson.

22. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Beat up on ECU in game 1. Running with Marcus Lattimore is gonna be sooooooooo much fun this year.

23. SodaAddict

*sigh* Lost an OT game against Mississippi in my opener. I don't understand what I did to piss the NCAA '11 gods off... but I really had to have done something terrible. Almost every game I have played against the computer lately has been ScrewFest.

Mississippi's offense was unstoppable, with the Rebel QB, Mackey, going 28 for 32 for 3 TD's on route to a 195.9 QB rating. Rushing, the Rebels' lead rusher, Scott, ran the ball 37 times for 143 yards, for an average of 3.8 yards per carry and 6 broken tackles.

Clemson led most of the way, and found themselves up 14-3 at the end of the 1st quarter before Ole Miss began its run. Mississippi would take its first lead of the game with 5:42 left in the game before Clemson would quickly answer to take the lead back 31-27. Mississippi then answered back as it had all day and had no problem moving the ball down the field, ultimately scoring with 0:49 on the clock to go up 34-31. Clemson drove back down the field quickly and got within the 10 yard line, but did not manage to connect on a touchdown and had to settle for the field goal to send the game to overtime.

In OT, Mississippi would yet again have no problem scoring and would leave it up to Clemson to keep the game going. Clemson again would get inside the 10 yard line and would throw an interception to end the game as the Mississippi linebacker jumped up and picked off the bullet pass with one hand to seal the win for the Rebels.

Clemson's QB Parker went 15 for 25 with 2 TD, 2 INT's, a fumble, and 304 yards. The fumble came on an attempt to slide, but for some reason he dove instead and fumbled the ball, which was, of course, immediately covered up by Mississippi. The first interception looked to be an easy completion, but a defensive player hit Parker just as he went to throw and the pass, of course, went straight to a Mississippi linebacker.

Clemson's other lost fumble came on a normal pass-and-catch play.

24. PAgamer07

Im pretty sure the most recent patch messed up the sliders... Again. I struggled against Tennessee.

25. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nebraska 45
    Stanford 13

Nebraska hosted Stanford for their home opener, and took them behind the wood shed for a good beating. The Nebraska front seven is just nasty. They injured two Stanford QBs through-out the game, as defenders melted through the Cardinal's o-line and were delivering punishing hits in the backfield all day (6 total sacks). Martinez had a good game, but R. Burkhead nearly tied his passing yardage with his rushing attempts. He never went down on first contact.

Key Stats:

T. Martinez 15/29 247 yds 2 TDs 1 INT

R, Burkhead 24 att 211 yds 4 TDs