Week 1 Cowboys 31 at Eagles 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Nov 30, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    The Cowboys opened the game with a long TD drive that ended in a 26 yd out to Ogletree who beat his DB and used his fantastic speed to get into the endzone.

The Cowboys held to a three and out and got the ball back drove again and finished it off with a Felix Jones TD run.

Then the Cowboys rookie LDE would smash the Eagle Rb in the backfield cause a fumble and our rookie DT returned it for a TD...

But wait the fumble is challenged and overturned....sure looked like a fumble to us!

Anyway we hold and make the Eagles punt again, this time our rookie CB busts the punt return for about 50 yards and is drug down inside the Eagle 30 yard line.

We would run the rest of the half out and miss a chip shot FG on the last play of the half due to some pretty bad lag.

The second half started out and the Eagles marched right down and scored a TD.

They would kick off and we would go on a nice long drive and FA TE Davis would end it with a TD grab.

Mike Jenkins would pick off Kolb and return it for a td to up our lead to 28-7.

The rest of the game we played it pretty conservative but managed to throw a pick on one of our passes and we were able to get a pick back by Rookie SS Savage. We added a FG and the Eagles added a late TD to make the final score 31-14.

Our rookies and FA additions made an impact on both sides of the ball, and our D looked pretty fast and nasty for much of the game.

POG was Felix Jones who faced a stacked box for much of the game and was still able to muster over a hundred yards and two tds.

GG Vishal.
  2. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Oct 8, 2009
    Big win Bruce! Good Game
  3. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Jul 16, 2010
    Big win - I sense a long time rivalry brewing here. I'm sure Vish will be looking for revenge in the rematch...
  4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    Ya, this could be a very good rivalry for years to come in the OMFL. I wish we had more rivalries, they make the year so much more interesting.