Week 1 - Dolphins (38) @ Chargers (26)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mustang20241, Nov 30, 2010.

1. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

[​IMG]

Dolphin's defense leads to victory over Chargers

The Miami Dolphins get their first victory in their first try this season. Last season the team started 2-0 and finished 8-8. The dolphins defense played a major role in an early lead in which the team protected. There were high expectations from the dolphins offense, mainly their passing game because of the crazy offseason this team had.

That plan flopped, and flopped early. After adding a 21 million dollar tight end in Brent Celek, he was only targeted one time and had one drop in traffic. The dolphins leading receiver last season, Brandon Marshall, only had one catch for 24 yards. Newly acquired speedster WRs, Golden Tate and Donnie Avery, both only had 2 catches. In fact it was abismal, chad henne finished 8-22, 135 yards passing, and 2 INTs. The defense made some good plays and scored off 2 early pick 6's by the starting MLBs.

The game was controlled by the Rookie RB, Jerome Baker who was selected in the 3rd round of the OMFL draft. The Dolphins selected 2 runningbacks in the draft to add some speed to the roster and to replace the loss of ricky williams. Ronnie Brown was looking to have a big year with the threat of a legitmate passing game, but went down with a torn labrum for 4 weeks.

Other Notes:

San Deigo played a decent game if not for a few freaky picks. Matthews was held to 66 yards on 26 carries. Brandon James returned a kick for a TD, marking the 7th time he has returned a kick or punt for a TD in 10 games.

[​IMG]

2. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Congrats on the win Stang - I barely recognize my Dolphins! Where's Ronnie Brown?? One catch for Marshall??

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Passing game was terrible. Just couldn't get it going, sammy's D is fast. Ronnie got hurt like 2nd run he had.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

28 2nd quarter points. WoW. GG

5. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

yeah, BIG mistakes were made by me, BUT, there were a few ??????? crazy things happen, not that it was the difference, 3rd down play and the ball bounced offf my LB head, into my CB arms and then fell right into his WR hands for a HUGE 1st down. Plus, the dreaded duck ball at the line of scrimmage, which was pick 6ed, i hate that, it happens WAY too much

My WRs were blanketed the whole game, but i did get within 4 points in the 4th after failing a 2pt try, after a horrible first half offensively, i was still alive in the 4th,

just too much Baker, man that guy was killing me. GG stang good luck this year.

6. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

OH yeah, and his KO return came with 1 second left til halftime, ouch