Week 1- Falcons 20 at Bears 26

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KRBasball7, Sep 16, 2011.

1. KRBasball7

KRBasball7 Walk On

This game was a close battle the entire way, with the Bears pulling ahead 23-10 midway through the 3rd quarter for the 13 point lead- the biggest lead of the game for either team.

The Falcons started off the scoring with an 11 yard pass from Matt Ryan to Julio Jones, easily driving down the field, converting many 3rd down conversions along the way.

The Bears would answer though with Matt Forte carrying the load on the ground. He ran it in from 9 yards out with 18 seconds left in the first quarter to tie it at 7, and would go onto have a huge day, rushing for 166 yards on 22 carries. That would be his only touchdown on the day, however.

After trading field goals to make it 10-10, Johnny Knox caught a Jay Cutler 39 yard pass deep over the middle to take the lead 17-10 with 26 seconds left in the half. That would be the score going into halftime.

The 3rd quarter was rather uneventful. Robbie Gould missed a 41 yard FG to try to take a 2-score lead, and there was no scoring until Tim Jennings picked off a Ryan pass on the left sideline with 1:47 left in the 3rd, and took it 72 yards to the house. Gould would continue his struggles and miss the extra point though to leave the score at 23-10.

The Bears knew that point might come back to haunt them, and they became ever more scared after Ryan found Harry Douglas over the middle for a 34 yard TD pass to make it 23-17. The Bears were stopped on their next drive but D.J Moore picked off Ryan at the Bears 5 yard line- Ryan's 4th interception of the day. The Bears were able to drive down field and Gould got over his earlier struggles to nail a 39 yard FG and make it a two score game again.

The Falcons weren't done though, as they drove down and kicked a 44 yarder with 27 seconds left to make it 26-20. Roy Williams recovered the onside kick for the Bears though and Cutler took two kneel-downs to end the game. Good game BigCoug!

Bears Offensive Player of the Game:
    HB Matt Forte- 22 carries for 166 yards and a TD, 4 catches for 39 yards

Bears Defensive Player of the Game:
    CB Tim Jenning- 2 tackles, 1 interception returned 72 yards for a TD

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Nice win KRBasball7 !

Please put your score in your thread title too. It helps us keep track a bit more easily. I edited it for you this time.

3. KRBasball7

KRBasball7 Walk On

Thanks. Yeah, I realized right after I posted I forgot it. Will do next time.