Week 1 Game of the Week

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by kdpnutter, Sep 9, 2013.

?

Who wins Week 1 Game of the Week

Poll closed Sep 12, 2013.
  1. Redskins

76.9%
  2. Eagles

23.1%
  1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]

Redskins vs Eagles

Week 1, how could it be any other game besides the return of Robert Griffin III under center, under the bright lights of Monday Night. RG III the most electrifying player in football now, plays against the former most electrifying player in the NFL in Michael Vick. This is not only a match-up of those two, but a match-up of two rivals in the NFC East.

Coach HotRod leads the Redskins into Week 1 and besides RGI III has a good amount of weapons on offense, Alfred Morris burst onto the scene last year and took over as the lead halfback. If Coach HotRod decides to stick to what worked last year you will get a good long dose of Alfred and Roy Helu Jr as the back up. On wide receiver you have a healthy Pierre Garcon on the outside, along with Santana Moss gives some good weapons to RG III and Fred Davis at tight end. Redskins biggest concern is going to be the health of RG III. Can they keep RG III healthy for the whole year?

Coach RaiderNation will come out with the new Chip Kelly offense, Michael Vick seems excited to play in it, and if Michael Vick will be able to make the plays he used too. LeSean McCoy is still there as the tailback and the Eagles look to take some of the burden off Vick and run the football, on the outside the two stalwarts in DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin. Brent Celek is still in at tight end but the biggest question mark for the Eagles will be there offensive line. Can they protect Michael Vick?

Redskins defensively are lead by Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan giving them two of the fiercest linebackers in the game. DeAngelo Hall is still at corner back but depth at corner could be the biggest concern for the Redskins, can Brandon Merriweather stay healthy at safety?

Eagles defensively are the biggest question mark in football, with the change to the 3-4 it is unknown how the Eagles will perform with this, there secondary is as suspect as it comes and will be the great unknown if they can figure out how to make it work it could lead to good things in Philly this season.

Overall talent wise, I gotta go with the Redskins here based on just a little less issues in the secondary,
    31-24 Redskins.

Player of the Game will be Alfred Morris rushing for 120 yards of the ground and two scores.

Let's get everyone elses thoughts on this game?​

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Good stuff kdpnutter, I'll be streaming the game on Wednesday at 6:30 PM EST.

• Like Like x 3
  3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I predict a 35-24 Redskin win. Although I'll root for the Eagles.:p

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Lots of love for the redskins and not so much the eagles but we will have to see if it plays out that way or could it be like last night?

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Ha, I dunno, I've been struggling in NCAA as of late. I hope that doesn't transfer over to Madden.

6. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Well I certainly hope it does :D