Week 1 Game Summaries(2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Post week 1 game summaries here. It's easier for me to keep up with them by doing them in weeks rather than one thread for the entire year and it's also easier for you all to find them so you can read them as well.

2. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

New Coach delivers in first game.

There were doubts on how the debut would be. Kansas State is not the greatest team but they put together a W of colorado. The defense was disruptive but inconsistent and the offense threw the ball well but the power rushing attack Coach Truth runs struggled. There are many issues that need to get fixed but we won and we will continue to improve. Highlights in the dynasty wire.

KSU 36 CU 21

3. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

[​IMG] 17
    #2 [​IMG] 44
    Alabama Crimson Tide Leaders:
    Passing: AJ McCarron 5 for 12 168 YDS 1 TD
    Rushing: Trent Richardson 33 ATT 323 YDS 9.7 AVG 4 TDS *School Record for Rushing Yards*
    Receiving: Trent Richardson 1 REC 57 YDS 1 TD
    Defense: Jesse Williams 4 TOT TACK 3 SOLO 2 TFL 1.0 SACK

Kent State Golden Flashes Leaders:
    Passing: Spencer Keith 20 for 36 266 YDS 1 TD 1 INT
    Rushing: Jacquise Terry 23 ATT 98 YDS 4.2 AVG
    Receiving: Matthew Hurdle 6 REC 88 YDS
    Defense: Luke Wollet 7 TOT TACK 4 SOLO 1 TFL 1.0 SACK

Stats Kent State #2 Alabama
    Total Yards 513 630
    Rushing Yards 137 367
    Passing Yards 266 168
    Turnovers 1 0
    3rd Down Efficiency 46.67% 54.55%
    4th Down Efficiency 0% 0%
    Time of Possession 12:26 15:31

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

[​IMG]Kansas 34Michigan St. 7[​IMG]
    Screen shot 2011-10-10 at 2.12.12 PM.png

Kansas came out of the gates and the defense just dominated MSU. Besides a deep pass by MSU, they could do almost nothing on offense. Kansas’s sophomore HB Jordan Sims looked great as he played just over a half and rushed for 99 yards but an injury kept him out the rest of the game. Sims showed his power by running for 47 yards after contact. Sims looks like he should have a breakout season as it will be tough to bring him down.

Jordan Webb (QB)- 17-28 for 209 yards, TD, 9 carries for 44 yards
    Jordan Sims (HB)- 15 carries for 99 yards, 2 TD
    Darrian Miller (HB)- 8 carries for 43 yards
    Daymond Patterson (WR)- 5 receptions for 66 yards
    Kale Pick (WR)- 5 receptions for 60 yards, TD
    Bradley McDougald (SS)- 7 tackles, TFL, INT
    Greg Brown (CB)- 4 tackles, INT
    Isiah Barfield (CB)- tackles, INT

State Kansas Michigan St.
    Score 34 7
    1st Downs 17 6
    Total Offense 401 162
    Pass Yards 214 88
    Rush Yards 187 74
    3rd Down Conversions 8-14 1-9
    Turnovers 1 3

5. sonn

sonn Walk On

Defense dominates as FSU defeats UL Monroe​

The defense set the tone for Seminoles shutout victory over the Warhawks with 3 touchdowns. Corner Mike Harris intercepted a Kolton Browning pass and took it 18 yards for a touchdown on the third play from scrimmage. After forcing a three and out, the FSU offence marched down the field and scored on a 10 yard run by Chris Thompson. After another 3 and out FSU struck once again when Bert Reed took in a 46 yard pass from EJ Manuel. The Warhawks managed to drive the ball well on their next possession but coughed the ball up once again when backup QB Cody Wells fumbled the ball on a scramble and Xavier Rhodes picked it up and run untouched for a 77 yard score.​

Florida State added a field goal early in the 2nd quarter to make the score 31-0. On the next possession the defense scored their 3rd touchdown on the game. this time a 32 yard fumble return by Christian Jones. The 2nd half saw the FSU starters give way to the backups and they performed admirably. True freshman TE Nick O'Leary took in a pass from Clint Trickett and he took it to the house for a 35 yard touchdown reception. A field goal late in the 4th quarter put the finishing touches on the 48-0 blowout.​

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]
    ITS MILLER TIME!

[​IMG]

Lamar Miller came to play tonight leading the Miami Hurricanes to a 31-12 win over the Terapins of Maryland in the ACC opener for both teams. Miller ended the day with 142 yards on the ground and 3 TD's. His long (28 yards) broke the game open in the 4th with the score only 24-12. SR QB Jacory Harris had 187 yards on the day with one TD pass to Travis Benjamin. Benjamin had 44 yards through the air and 120 yards on returns. Here is his tip toe catch in the back of the endzone to put Miami up 14-3.
    [​IMG]
    The Miami D held the Terps to under 200 yards of total offense leading the way was JR FS Vaughn Telemaque (8 Tackles) and SR DE Adewale Ojomo (6 tackles, 2 FL, 1 sack). The Canes have a bye week before hosting #6 Ohio State in a prime time matchup of the 2001 National Title game.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Georgia Tech Drops Opener 14-28 VS Navy

[​IMG]

Georgia Tech was outgained 245 to 353, with Navy nearly rushing for as many yards as GT had altogether. Navy was able to jump out to a 14-0 lead, thanks to a 75 yard touchdown run by Adam Teich to open the game. The Yellowjackets would miss a field goal off the posts, and Navy would score again on a 64 yard touchdown to Furman. It was all downhill from there as the Georgia Tech couldn't put much together, and as the game wore on they tried to pass more to score quicker which resulted in a couple interceptions. Said coach Kasperson after the game, "We aren't going to win any games with this offense if we run for 118 yards, you can count on that."​

Was a rough game from start to finish, with a few frustrating points. However we showed some promise on that last drive, and I'm proud of our kids for not giving up and scoring one more time. We have a long ways to go, but we showed some flashes."​

Fucking restart..​

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Starting With Shutout

Florida's defense pitches a no-hitter to open the 2011 season!

Capture.PNG

The gators completely dominated this game, with both Demps and Brown reaching the endzone twice. The Gators ground game would reign supreme posting a 13.48 ypc. On the Defensive side, star LB Jelani Jenkins would end the game with 3 sacks, and Easley would add another 2.

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Bulldog are these the same sliders we used last season? I know the competition is low with some of these OOC games, but I had a good amount of success running vs. MSU as Kansas. Just felt a little easier than it was when I was USF

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I suggested to Bulldog that we give a near default heisman set a try. We are switching to this in the E and after a few test games I love it. We adjusted the CPU pass rush down and the User Pass block up. that was it, and it feels great. Its more difficult to run but not impossible and the passing game feels great.

11. Quattro

Ugh I can't stand Heisman.

12. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Rice 28
    Texas 42

Texas Survives Close one in Austin

RMG WEEK 1.JPG

This game raised some eyebrows across the nation, as The Rice Owls outgained the Texas Longhorns in total yardage and nearly went into Texas and got a win. The Longhorn offense did its part scoring 42 points and not turning the ball over, QB Garrett Gilbert was player of the game with 292 yards and 3 TDs on 14 completion. The problem was with the defense who got shredded on the ground and gave up 3 rushing touchdowns to a team that literally lined up in the shotgun every play, but the D came up big when it mattered and forced 3 turnovers including one to give the longhorns the ball back where the Linebacker ripped the ball out of the hands of the Rice RB.​

A scary day for the Longhorns who hope to play better against BYU next week.​

CO-POTG is Marquiesse Goodwin who had 6 Receptions for 151 yards, 2 tds as well as 89 kR yards and 54 PR Yards​

13. Bulldog

No they are similar to the previous ones, i forgot to change them before i advanced it but they will be the old ones next week.

14. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Clemson wins ugly 17-10 over Troy

It wasn't a very exciting or pleasant game for Clemson, but they pulled out a close victory over Troy at home. The scoring started just before halfitme when Tahj Boyd hit true frosh Sammy Watkins for a 9 yd TD. However, Troy quickly moved down the field and tied the game with a 4 play, :30 second drive. Clemson came right back and drove down the field again before halfime, but had to settle for a FG as they ran out of time to put another 7 on the board.
    After Troy tied the game in the 3rd with a FG, the defenses took over until the 4th. The winning score for Clemson came on a 6 yd run by Andre Ellington in which he ran up the middle and was never touched. Though Troy got within Clemson's 15 late in the game, they got called for a false start penalty on 4th and 6 that was too difficult to overcome.
    After the game, Coach Keves wasn't thrilled with the way the team played. "I liked the team's effort, but the execution wasn't great, especially on offense. Defensively we were solid, but they missed a few chances to make big plays on us. We need to be much better to get where we feel we should be."

15. jandy

jandy Walk On

I've been trying for the past 2 weeks to log on to the EA Online Dynasty website, and I keep getting the error message that says "There was an error finding your dynasty. You may need to change your default persona to the persona that created the dynasty," and it gives me a link that isn't valid...anyone else ever have this problem?

It would be nice to be able to add in-game pictures to my game summaries

16. Bulldog

Why the restart?

17. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG]

Smurfed Up! Dawgs upset Broncos 34-31

RMG week 1 2011.PNG
    What a game! Georgia had some opening week jitters but managed to come out on top. The Bulldogs' true freshman Isaiah Crowell rushed for 182 yards in his debut and scored 2 touchdowns. We have alot to look forward to with Crowell in the back field, Murray at QB and Malcolm Mitchell at WR another true freshman. Star QB Murray didn't do so well but we hope that he puts that game behind him and comes to play next week against South Carolina. Overall it was a solid performance by the Dawgs this week.

RMG week 1 2011 score.PNG RMG week 1 2011 quarter scores.PNG

Highlights are on the dynasty wire.​

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

It actually plays very well as long as you raise user pbk and drop cpu pass rush. I'm using it in my offline and we are switching to it in the experience and it plays quite nice. try it out before you make your final decision, I didn't see any of the crap like in last years game.

19. Quattro

I see more crap than in previous years IMO. I'll play with it, but it's not my preferred diffuculty. Ideally, I'd like it to be on AA but with Heisman sliders.

20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

drop cpu pass rush to 40 and user pass block to 60 and give it a try. rushing is a bit more difficult, but for some reason the passing is much better.

21. Bulldog

Why the restart? Matthew Keves Matthew Keves Matthew Keves Matthew Keves Matthew Keves Matthew Keves Matthew Keves Matthew Keves Matthew Keves

22. jandy

jandy Walk On

What site do you guys use for team logos?

23. Bulldog

24. jandy

jandy Walk On

[​IMG]Tulsa 0
    Oklahoma 38 [​IMG]

The Sooners improve to 1-0 with their win over Tulsa in Norman

QB Landry Jones and the OU offense looked very impressive in Week 1. Jones went 22-29 for 356 yards and 3 TD. WR's Kenny Stills caught 6 passes for 84 yards and 2 TD and Ryan Broyles added 5 receptions for 126 yards and a TD.​
    The defense played spectacular in the shutout, holding Tulsa to 155 yards of total offense and forcing 2 turnovers.​

Oklahoma has a bye Week 2, but a match-up with Florida State awaits them the following week.​

25. jandy

jandy Walk On