Week 1 Game Summaries (2014)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 70
    Central Michigan 24

Kansas ended up routing CMU in a game where people believe Kansas may have scored 100 if they hadn’t took their foot of the pedal. QB Mike Cummings threw 6 TD passes, 5 in the 1st half. Keeston Terry had 3 interceptions, 11 tackles, and 1 score. And Dexter McDonald scored on a punt return and kick return. Kansas did have 5 picks, but they had a difficult time stopping CMU’s offense. Kansas allowed over 300 pass yards and over 500 total yards, but Kansas did rack up 540 yards themselves. Kansas had 70 points with 6 minutes remaining in the game.

Mike Cummings (QB)- 12-21 for 297 yards, 6 TD, 2 INT, 5 carries for 18 yards
    Darrian Miller (HB)- 15 carries for 155 yards, TD
    Anthony Pierson (HB)- 8 carries for 55 yards
    Marquis Jackson (WR)- 4 receptions for 90 yards, 3 TD
    Jimmy Mundine (TE)- 2 receptions for 89 yards, TD
    Jacorey Sheppherd (WR)- 3 receptions for 74 yards, 2 TD
    Jake Farley (MLB)- 10 tackles, 4 TFL
    Keeston Terry (FS)- 11 tackles, 3 INT, 124 interception yards, TD
    Dexter McDonald (WR)- 1 reception for 5 yards, KR TD, PR TD

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

FSU - 0
    Auburn - 34

The Tiger defense was dominant on Saturday, holding the Noles to only 122 yards of total offense and forcing four interceptions. The run defense was incredibly stout, holding FSU to only 1 yard on 24 carries, while the pass defense only allowed a 30% completion rate for FSU's Trickett.

On offense Auburn was explosive, gaining 484 total yards and the touchdowns all coming a long plays of 60, 64, 79, and 82. QB Kiehl Frazier showed why he earned the starting job last year, throwing for almost 300 yards and looked poised in the pocket all game.

Stats

Passing
    K. Frazier - 10/14, 298 yds, 3 TD/1 INT

Rushing
    T. Mason - 12 att, 71 yds
    M. Blakely - 5 att, 95 yds

Receiving
    J. Singleton - 4 rec, 133 yds, 2 TD
    T. Reed - 2 rec, 106 yds, TD

Defense
    E. Florence - 8 tack, 3 TFL, sack
    J. White - 7 tack, 3 TFL, 2 sacks
    J. Bush - 3 INT
    C. Landrum - INT

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

#2[​IMG][​IMG]#18
    Dawgs Dominate Opener
    rmg wk1 yr4 pic.PNG
    The Bulldogs traveled to Nebraska this week to face the #18 ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers and dominated. Dexter Morant was named player of the game after he recorded 6 total tackles(6tfl), 2 sacks and 1 forced fumble. Senior running back Isaiah Crowell carried the Dawgs on offense rushing for 140 yards on 31 carries and scored 1 TD. Next week the Dawgs travel way up North to face the Oregon State Beavers and look to dominate another opponent.

4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Miami 33
    Ohio St 55

Not much I can really say here, they stuffed my run game, and I could only outscore them for so long. Couldnt tackle worth shit for the entire game. Not a good start to a season that had high hopes. Ryan Williams still won player of the week though, so suck it! lol

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

lol tackling is up to like 25 now and it seems good there... i played 2 games with it at 25 and they werent breaking 5 tackles every run

6. jandy

jandy Walk On

#3 Oklahoma 24​
    #6 Clemson 14​

OU @ Clemson yr 4.PNG

Oklahoma won its opener Saturday, as they knocked off the #6 ranked Tigers in Death Valley. The Sooners first score came on a pick-6 by SS Quentin Hayes, in which he broke a tackle and took 97 yards to the house. Heisman hopeful HB Brandon Williams was kept in check for most of the game, but picked up his play and was able to break a few good runs in the fourth quarter to lead the Sooners to victory. The defense was key in the win, as they held Clemson to 2-9 (22%) on 3rd down, and only 68 rushing yards.

Key performers:
    QB Blake Bell - 7-14, 168 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
    HB Brandon Williams - 20 carries, 89 yards
    WR Keith Harrel - 2 rec, 103 yards, TD
    WR Sheldon McClain - 3 rec, 38 yards, TD
    FS James Haynes - 5 TKLS, INT, FF, 4 pass deflections
    SS Quentin Hayes - 3 TKLS, INT, TD

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012