Week 1 Games

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 14, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

So it looks like Plague actually has a game... apparently the ONLY game in the NCAA during Week 1. So alas, we must wait for him to get his ass handed to him by the corrupt and painful UNC Tarheels. I think this goes for most when saying: please whoop those cheaters!

Plague will be on later as posted. Hopefully he can get his pre-season done asap, we can advance, and then he will play his game. keep a look out.

gramps is somewhere in tijuana eating a spanish fly and drinking a blue motorcycle

• Like Like x 1
  2. vatechhokie01

just talked to scott (plague). the hope is to advance to week 1 at around 6pmEST. he will play his game right then i believe.

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Send me a text/aim when we advance to week 1. I might have to wack some weeds tonight.

4. vatechhokie01

just make sure its weeds.

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

But that takes all the fun away. :rolleyes:

6. Goose

Goose Walk On

I vote we stick with a hard 48 hour advance no matter how quickly everyone is ready, to keep gramps from falling 8 weeks behind. Being that everyone is ready to play and the weekend is coming up, we may move a few weeks in a day. I don't feel that is very fair to Gramps after all he's done in his short time here.

7. vatechhokie01

noted. the rebuttal is that gramps has personally let his desire be known and commanded me to move on without him. so i am obeying him as of now. appreciate you looking out for others! dont think we wil "move a few weeks in a day." but yes... as he doesnt have the game, he is ok with missing out on pre-season and week1 (in which he doesnt play)

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

no prob as long as he gives his grace, cool.

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

goose has a mangina, goose has a mangina

10. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Only one game in week one really? I thought Rice played week one.

11. TJM

TJM Walk On

12. vatechhokie01

yea, this is bizarre and im sure due to us not knowing the logistics that went into it, but according to the game... there is literally only UNC vs. north tx week 1. basically week 1 in real life is the games week 2 it looks like. go onto your game and you will/should see that your week 1 is empty.

13. vatechhokie01

TJM: on the game, although it is true that you have no bye weeks, it also appears that you don't have a game until week 3! ouch! lol...have fun cursing us out for moving slow for a few days :)

14. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

15. vatechhokie01

that is weird. they usually do pretty solid with game scheduling. in the interest of the league, i can try and bump your game to a later week so that none of us have week 1 games and we can sim to week 2 immediately after doing recruiting. thoughts? i can try and get your opponents right!

16. vatechhokie01

looks like they swapped your indiana wk 5 game with Unc wk 1 game. indiana is tied up for week 5 (w UVA) but i can try and find comparable game with indiana for your wk 5game. then we can move quickly through wk 1 and you wont have a bye later on (win-win i think). up to you though.

17. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Ya sure that's fine with me

18. vatechhokie01

k. so no games week 1. advancing around 530pmEST. everyone do your recruiting (which you can do online) and we can get to the games! nice!