Week #1 GOTW DoubleHeader

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hulk_hagen_55, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

Week #1 GOTW DoubleHeader

Games of the week first edition. To kickoff the PMFL Season. i will be doing doubleheaders,
    as i have free time on a thursday trying to work over my wednesday night hangover. mas tequila!
    Anyways there are too many good games, so i am taking the games that i know all of you would watch on tv if you had the chance.
    With no predictions, plenty of bias, and a complete analysis of the Teams, i bring you...

Week 1

Ravens(warhawk) AT Jets(curtis)
    AFC Championship game preview?

[​IMG][​IMG]

These two teams are absolutly stacked. The Ravens turned from a power run team, when they traded leron Mcclain for vincent jackson, to an all out offensive juggernaut.Derrick mason is now their 3rd best WR, ray rice in the backfield,Joe flacco flinging the ball and THE BEST offensive line of any team, The ravens Offense finally outshines theri Defense, which in and of itself would make almost any team a playoff contender. Biggest weakness? cornerback, but who cares when you have ed reed to scare anyone
    from passing too much. This mixed with the skills and decision making of Dreadhawk AKA warhawk, this is a potent team ready for a championship run

The jets also have talent at every turn. Their biggest concern is whether or not they can get the same production at running back, with ladainian tomlinson... L freaking T. I have a hunch that theyll be alright. They are lead by one of the best defenses in the league. want to pass? only half the field isnt on Revis island. want to run? really? against a rex ryan Defense? HA! This team does have a few holes to fill, but not many, and with the talent that surrounds those holes, opposing teams will definatly struggle to have consistent success. Great talented team mixed with one of the PMFL's Greats Curtis equals only 1 thing, lots and lots of Wins.

Cowboys(HoodIII) AT Redskins(Mooney)
    Fan Favorites Battle it Out in a NFC East Showdown

[​IMG][​IMG]

The cowboys, lead by Marvis, have high expectations this season. Jerry jones has been heard saying that he fully expects a super bowl this year. But do they have the right chemestry to do so? There is no question about the talent of this team, they just need to find an identity. who isnt afraid of marion barbers skills? so why not use him? Marvis stated this preseason that he has full confidence in Tony romo, and believes all he needs is a shot at redemption to clear the "choke artist" label that was unfairly put on him. the strength of this team, and where their true talents will shine is their linebacker corps. This team has great potential, and also has the potential to be more of the same. only time will tell

New Coach, buttload of new FA's, an overpaid disgruntled DT, and New owner Mooney. were talking redskins. if there is a sleeper team in the PMFL, this is it. these guys are ready to break all hell loose. We all know about mcnabb being the new signal caller, but lets look at the running backs. willie parker(3 1000 yard seasons with a 1494 career high), Larry johnson(2 consecutive 1700 yard seasons). and washington staple clinton portis(6 1000 yard seasons, and his best years were in denver, and hes now reunited with his old coach). scare ya much? thses guys WILL run, and do it well. they have other talent on the team, but in order to win, these guys will have to establish the run. a playoff birth isnt out of reach with the schedule they have, but coming out of the NFC East is easier said than done.

2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

great writeup aaron, tough decision to pick just 2 games but i hope we can live up to the hype

3. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

Good Stuff. Cannot wait for the start of the season. I have been playing more Madden this year than i have in several years which is a good sign to getting better for me at least.

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good stuff, Aaron, thx! fun read. like Curtis said, it's gonna be difficult choosing which games to spotlight... you'll do great regardless of which games you choose.

5. Hulk_hagen_55

thanks man. im shootin for 2 per game week. that way plenty of people will have the chance to see their team spotlighted

6. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Good writeup man. I am excited for finally getting the Skins this season. I just hope I can bring them back to glory. I think it was fair to have hoodiii and my one of the games of the week just cause of the Cowboys/Skins rivalry and it's different that they are playing week one.

Hoodiii I think we should roll throwbacks for this one? What you think?

7. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Great writeup

8. Hulk_hagen_55

not the wierd ass throwbacks, but mabe the cowboy whitestar, and the florida st lookin washington ones

9. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Nice Hulk!!!! Like Curt said...hope we can live up to the bill. 2 games a week will definitely keep guys interested in reading & responding.

Lets get it Curt....

Signed,
    RayRay & them:)

10. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

I like the sound of that Chris