Week 1 Hype

Discussion in 'Cradle to Grave' started by controllerabuser, Aug 23, 2013.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Jul 6, 2009
    Put Up Or Shut Up
    2 Big Time Games Featuring 4 Of The Nation's Biggest Programs

uagrad90 vs Blackattack87

thebouncer24 vs Ryty

If you can't get hype and discuss about these 2 games then you shouldn't be playing in this league!

Place your bets and predictions.

Are you ready for some football?!?!
  2. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Jul 16, 2010
    Bama beats Tigers by 14 and Ry wins by 3 over Bouncer. Win this one for me Ryty :)
  3. uagrad90

uagrad90 Walk On

Oct 25, 2010
    Hmmmm two very interesting match-ups.

Miami - Texas: This one could be interesting. I'm not really sure what Texas has talent wise, but its Texas. My hunch is the Longhorns are stacked with talent but the only question will be, do they have the speed to math up with the Canes. If I had pick a winner in this one I would go with the Canes since Duke Johnson is back for his Senior (I Hope) year. I do think this one will be closer than we all think but in the end until proven that Duke cant get it done I will go with the U to win it late by 4 points.

Alabama - Clemson: Well this is the year that has gotten everyone's attention. The Crimson Tide has lost the bulk of their foundation that has led them to 2 straight BCS Title appearances. The Crimson Tide brings back most of the skilled players including TJ Yeldon who socked the Bama staff when he decided to return for 1 more season. This year the O-line with be the deciding factor for the Tide. Alabama lost 4 of their 5 starters from last year but they guys slotted to fill in are talented just young. If this young can gel and give Yeldon and company room to operate this could be another big year for the Tide. The key to this game as with most closely matched contests will come down to turn-overs and which team blinks first and is forced out of what they want to run.
  4. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

Jul 1, 2011
    Miami and Bama have been the 2 dominant forces in C2G these past 2 seasons. And for the 2nd straight year Miami has to find a new QB to replace last year's SR. Unfortunately whoever is the QB this year will have to jump right into a big game and hope and pray that he can get it done. Texas will obviously be shooting to stop Duke Johnson's rally to defend his Heisman and although I don't think they will stop Duke I think Texas will get the upper hand in this game. The 2 coaches faced back in season 1 when ry was playing with a team that wasn't his favorite team, now he has passion, he has the knowledge of the team and we know he has the stick skills. It'll be an interesting match for sure, can't wait!

Bama and Clemson, I really don't know much about who is still around, or what recruits are making headway right now but this game will be a good one as well. In the above post, bama is saying they have lost their foundation. But back to back top 5 recruiting classes should rebuild that foundation nicely, no one is feeling sorry for you. They'll put together a great team and they'll be great on the field week 1. I say Bama gets this one, with a struggle throughout the game but extend it to a 2 score lead in the 4th.
  5. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

Jun 13, 2012
    Im going with upset (if you call it one) with Black taking down the mighty tide in a shift of power in the NCAA. Im taking Clemson and the points, the over and predicting Black will drink about 12 beers doing it.

Bouncer vs Ry? Im not a weather man but I see a hurricane on the horizon, Miami will take this one and pick up where they left off last season.