Week 1 impressions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Sep 8, 2009.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Week 1 impressions

I have a few observations as week 1 comes to a close.

-I think the quarter length is too long. My game with Minnesota took over 90 minutes to complete. It's my opinion that we should try to keep these games at an hour or so. What does everyone else think?

-Some of these games have taken a while to get in. I know I just got mine done on Sunday but my matchup had circumstances with a player that got booted. User vs. User games are always somewhat tricky to get it I completely understand, and as far as I can see the communication has been pretty good....

-I just wanted to give a shout out to jerzblazed (Minnesota) Our game was about as sim as it gets. He played extremely clean and it was a great game even though I lost by a few scores. I hope all of the games are that sim and legit. Thanks Jerz!

2. trutest

trutest Walk On

way to go jerzblazed and castortroy. good way to set an example for the rest of the league

3. JB21

JB21 Walk On

Thanks castor i had fun in our game it was straight and clean didn't have to worry about 20yrd drop backs or play actions everydown

4. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

our game didn't take long (Titans and Steelers). it really just depends on play calling. If passing is your forte then game will be longer with incompletions but if you rush the entire game it will be quicker...

I say be do it like the NFL... 15 minute quarters non-accelerated clock!!! (I keed I keed)

5. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Precisely. I passed about 65-70% in my game against the rams (OL sucks cant run) while Splifd ran 65-70% and the game if over an hour was not much over.

6. LB Fitted

LB Fitted Walk On

yea it was a perfect time to me. we both balanced run and pass properly so it worked out fine. felt very legit to me. at 1st i thought the score would end up high as hell, but if u take ur time and play it like a real game, it actually looks and feels good lol

7. sniperhare

sniperhare Guest

I had a hard time with the running game, the cpu run D is too good on default All-Pro. Manning threw 3 pick 6's. Two were from Mathis and one was to a DE on a tipped pass.

8. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I have to agree with LB about our game, the game had a nice feel to it except when Westbrook broke out of a 5 man gang tackle...LOL...LB you remember that one! He's right though we stayed pretty balanced throughout qnd I think the game was just over an hour, which is fine with me. I dont personally care for the accelerated clock though because I feel like it doesnt give you time to make adjustments at the line if you need to. You may audible and by the time everyone is set, have about 5 or 6 seconds left which doesnt give you much time to hot route or motion.

9. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Sniper are you referring to playing the CPU proper? or just playing the game but commenting on how vicious the D is? I noticed that in a majority of cases INTs are returned, then I got to thinking, that in the NFL picks to the outside are usually returned for scores. Inside picks, (LBs and DL) are usually returned for less.

I agree that unless you have either a godlike OL or a godlike HB, inside running is HARD. but I've been labbing and I think i have it a little more under control, my next game will tell me more.

For one, the age old Madden curse that if you sprint into the hole the D will respond faster still holds true, You also seem to be lees successful with protak moves when holding the sprint down. (this is just my opionion, not confirmation anywhere.)

I agree that its harsh passing compared to past versions, but by the same token, if you look short and pass patient its there.

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I don't know. I ran well against Minnesota with Jamal Lewis. Like 20 carries for 120 and a TD or something like that. Minnesota has a very good run defense as well. He had a tough time running on me with Adrian Peterson. 20 for 60 or something like that. Part of it is personel I agree, but I also think the majority of it is play calling and making sure you use Oline adjustments properly. It's tough to break big runs sometimes but I can get 3 or 4 consistent and sometimes they break into longer runs. It is freaking hard to pass with a shitty qb though...crazy.

11. JB21

JB21 Walk On

Yea lewis was tearing me apart if he went down its cuz the tackle was at the ankles I didn't shift the oline in runnin so maybe in my week 2 I will do it to see if it helps AP I need to get used to his 92 speed

12. sniperhare

sniperhare Guest

Yeah I try and stay between the tackles when I run, the blocking AI is just not quite right yet. Maybe that will be in the patch? One can dream.

13. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I agree that the quarter length is too long. The game between Beazus and I took about 1.5 hours and I ran the ball quite a bit with Barber and Felix. I thought the quarters were going to be 8 minutes long so when I looked down near the beginning of the 2nd quarter and saw 10:30 or whatever on the clock I thought it was some kind of mistake. I think if you pay attention to your start time you will find these games lasting 1.5 hours, which is a little long in my book.
    My bad on not getting my game off quicker. I've been fighting some BS cold and with Labor Day wknd, FF draft, etc., things got out of control.

14. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

im not having or noticing crazy game play times like you guys are

15. JB21

JB21 Walk On

i didnt think the game was to long besides i think i played longer games when 08 was out for the pc

16. trutest

trutest Walk On

liking ur sig! I'm a big Kenny Phillips fan