Week 1 Interview with GoW Coaches

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by alemic, Oct 11, 2010.

1. alemic

alemic Walk On

Week 1 Interview with GoW Coaches

Once the ink hit the paper for the match up of the Florida Gators and the Oregon Ducks to play in week one, every college football fan across America knew it would be an instant classic. Both teams were able to fit the bill as the game went right down to the wire with the Gators pulling out a huge 17-10 victory. I have the privilege to have both coaches in a post game interview this week.

First I will start with the Ducks coach Grat23

Tough loss out at home, something your team is not use to with one of the toughest places to play. What's your take on this game?

Your defense stood strong in the first half until giving up a touchdown with only 5 seconds left in the second quarter. How did that affect your gameplan going into the second half?

Staying about the defense you must be impressed by how they held the Florida defense to just 71 yards rushing on 18 attempts. How were you able to keep the Gators running game off balance?

How about the play of the offense in the 4th quarter just barely coming up short? The entire nation took note that neither you nor your team is willing to give up a game until the final whistle is blown. Do you think your team will be able to carry this success into week 2?

Thank you for your time Grat23, it will be interesting to see if the Ducks can pull out a victory next week.

2. alemic

alemic Walk On

Now for soxandgators the Florida Gators head coach.

Thanks again for agreeing to do this post game interview with me. Exactly how are you feeling after such a huge road victory against a highly explosive Oregon team?

Were you expecting both teams to come into this game with such a high intensity on defense, neither team would give up an inch.

Many people were expecting big things from your quarter back Marlon Baker this year with such a talented squad around him, were you impressed by his mediocre first week stats?

Your defense never managed to force a turnover in this game what will you do next week to improve in this area? Also they fell apart late in the game giving up 10 straight points to Oregon after keeping them in check for 3 quarters. What do you think caused this?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer a few questions but I do have one more before you go. Will the Gators win the SEC this year?

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Exactly how are you feeling after such a huge road victory against a highly explosive Oregon team?

We have a young team so winning was far from our minds.Going out and playing smart and all out was our goal.That just happened to notch a victory.That Oregon team has some weapons and will wreak havoc on the Pac 10 this year.Well played Grat23

Were you expecting both teams to come into this game with such a high intensity on defense, neither team would give up an inch?

Oregon has a tough atmosphere to play in.There was no doubt i felt that this game was coming down to a field goal and that the defenses would have a advantage over the offense.

Many people were expecting big things from your quarter back Marlon Ingram this year with such a talented squad around him, were you impressed by his mediocre first week stats?

We come out every week hoping to lean on the D that we can manage our games well so Ingram wont have to handle a big load.He is a true freshmen so struggling is to be expected.

Your defense never managed to force a turnover in this game what will you do next week to improve in this area? Also they fell apart late in the game giving up 10 straight points to Oregon after keeping them in check for 3 quarters. What do you think caused this?

Turnovers will come have to keep these young guys focused on getting better each week.We went to a prevent D trying to eat some clock and it almost bit us.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer a few questions but I do have one more before you go. Will the Gators win the SEC this year?

We have some stiff competition in the SEC this season.So i don't think i wil get out of the east and if i did i got Bama to deal with.So seeing as young as we are will have to see how things progress.