Week 1 - PAC 12 North Outlook

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by MurkYa21, Mar 1, 2012.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

fuzzyl0gic
    IrishBearcat
    MNoffke

#6 Washington Huskies - 89 overall, 88 offense, 88 defense

> The Huskies are projected to finish 1st in their division, and I believe this to be accurate. They had a pretty successful season last year, and begin this season with the best national ranking of all user teams at #6.

Washington has pretty difficult schedule for the first half of the season, starting off with #15 Texas, and finishing their season @ #13 Cal, vs #23 CU, and finally @ rival Washington State.

This Washington team is very inexperienced at QB and HB, however, they has a strong O Line up front and a 1,000 yard receiver in speedy Senior John McNamara.

If the defense is consistent I could see this team making a statement in the PAC 12. The LB's look very good, and spread teams will really struggle against the abundance of super fast corners Washington possesses.

#11 Oregon State Beavers - 89 overall, 87 offense, 90 defense

> The Beavers are the reigning PAC 12 champs. They will set out to prove the voters and the non believers wrong this season and make another run at the title game. Starting the season off at #2 LSU is going to be an extremely difficult game, but even a loss could be a blessing in disguise. Washington may sleep on the Beavers when they come to Husky Stadium and it could be a trap game for them.

I really like this team, they have a good mix of Seniors and younger guys, and they are really balanced throughout the roster. They have one marquee player, that being Senior OLB Tyler Avery, at 6'3" 251lbs this guy is an absolute freak. 89 speed, 99 acceleration....he hasn't put up mind blowing numbers thus far in his career but I expect him to be coming off the edge at quarterbacks a lot more often this season.

#13 California Golden Bears - 91 overall, 90 offense, 90 defense

> Cal is the highest rated user team in the division so obviously they have a great chance at running the table as well. I believe that their schedule is really favorable towards them, in that it is spread out pretty well. They will travel to #1 Auburn in week 2 before they have to travel to #11 Oregon State. If they can win that game they will sit in a powerful position watching the other users take each other out until they have to face UCLA at home in late October.

In the past Cal has generally ran the ball a lot, but they may be looking to pass a little more with the top two quarterbacks on their roster. That is, if they don't start Dan Larsen out of the gates who is coming off a redshirt season.

Redshirt Junior HB Shaun Young will most likely be the starter at 88 overall, and rushing for 10 TDs last season in a back up role.

Washington State Cougars - 78 overall, 81 offense, 75 defense

> The Cougars are picked to finish last in the entire conference, but I can guarantee you that isn't going to happen. They played some tough teams really close last year, improved on both sides of the ball, and have hired new offense and defensive coordinators.

Depending on how well this team controls games they could finish in the Top 25, if not better. The only question is who will be the starting QB...Sophomore Tim Todd - all american, threw for 4,500 yards last season, or Freshman Joe Hunt who posesses more speed.

A week 1 game vs an FCS school gives Washington State a good oppurtunity to have all their questions answered and get started off in the win column.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

GREAT job Murk! This is what I'm talkin bout! lol

The division is WIDE open, but only because all the teams have great coaches and 3/4 teams are stacked (WSU on the rise, has the skills to beat anyone in the conference). I'm glad I get the Huskies at home, but OSU and WSU on the road will be tough games.

You did great research on my team. Larsen won't be starting this season, but Cal plans to get him involved with his very own package of plays. Young will be the starter, but as always we will look to have a compliment RB who will essentially be "1B" and get a lot of work. Probably lean towards a quicker back here to get some lightning/thunder combos going.

I'm interested to see if Fuzzy's offense takes a sharp drop-off after losing some big-time studs from last season. He has some great offensive "toys" ranked in the 90+ range. They'll be missing that, but have a solid combo of returning and young talent.

WSU's new offense should be interesting as well. Coach Murk can "manufacture" points. Can the defense make some plays this season? Many higher rated underclassman will take the field to bring athleticism, but will the lack of experience cancel that out?

Lastly, Oregon State. Big target on their back but they are talented as any team in the entire conference. The QB situation will be interesting, as well as the RBs. Will the Beavers switch offenses as well?

North is CRAY!

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Washington State has a lot of speed, I think this offense will be harder to stop, and actually win me games. Last year I basically had to outscore the other team's offense to win, and with how fast my offense scored it was tough to do. This year my offense will use up some more time, but judging from my game can still hit a lot of big plays.

Tim Todd is going to become..... a legend.

4. IrishBearcat

For worst completion percentage.. YES! :D

Lol, Oshiomogho would agree with this.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

56% good for fourth in the league

6. IrishBearcat

Career?

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

His career aint over so don't worry about it mister.

8. IrishBearcat

lol I'm just messin, 4,500 yards is 4,500 yards no matter how you slice it!