WEEK 1: Patriots continue winning ways in Buffalo

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by PepperNY, Sep 8, 2013.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(AP) Orchard Park, NY - The new look New England Patriots and Buffalo Bills squared off in an early division showdown to kickoff the 2013 QSF Season. The Patriots have won the last 23/25 meetings with the Bills but the Bills bring in a new coaching staff as well as a well respected owner so things are looking up for the Bills.

The Patriots got big contributions from Aquib Talib on the 1st drive as it looked like the Bills were driving for a score but rookie QB EJ Manuel would be picked off by Talib putting the ball in the hands of Tom Brady and company. It wouldn't take long for Tom Brady to welcome back his favorite target Wes Welker as the two hooked up for a 56 yard TD pass and a 7-0 lead.

[​IMG]

The Bills would drive the ball down the field once again running the Pistol read option effectively but once again the young rookie from Florida State would try to force the pass and would be intercepted by rookie DB Logan Ryan. The Patriots would then control the clock working the ball down the field where Stevan Ridley would score from 9 yards out to go up 14-0.

[​IMG]

The Patriots would end up picking off EJ Manuel a total of 5 times on the day. The backbreaker on the day would be a 62 yard TD run by Tim Tebow to give the Patriots a 21-0 lead which they would not relinquish. The Bills moved the ball well all day but just struggled to get the big play when they needed it in the redzone.

The Patriots move to 1-0 on the season with another big showdown vs the Jets in week 2

GG Michael Overman tough game for the rookie but I know you will make some noise with this team. I guess I also got an assist from the early slider set but I think that effected us both lol. I will see you in Foxboro week 17

Video Highlights below:

• Like Like x 3
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great highlights Rob, thanks! Really turned into a pick-fest in the end there!

• Like Like x 1
  3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

thanks Jim, and yes it did. Still adjusting to this years game and still haven't found a playbook that I am comfortable with

• Like Like x 1
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

great recap and thx for the highlights!!!!

• Like Like x 3