Week 1 POTW and BOTW

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by rushers24, Nov 21, 2010.

1. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Well week one is in the books. I'm glad to see everyone got their games in. Looks like were off to a good start. As I did in season one, I will post the POTW (player of the week) after each advance. This will only count towards user vs user games. It's too easy to rack up big performances against the CPU. The player of the week could be anyone, it's not just set on offensive players. Typically if your player helps your team win the game, he's going to get the nod over someone else with similar stats that lost. Also I'm adding the newsection this year called the BOTW.. which stands for bust of the week. Basically you don't want to end up of this list lol. This award will go out to the player with the worst performance of the week.

Player of the Week

Matt Ryan -- In what looked like a crazy game, where the Falcons had 731 yards of total offense, Matt Ryan threw for an incredible 398 yards with 6 touchdowns!! This was off only 14 completions out of 24 attempts. Ryan also threw a pick, but 6 TD's gets week one POTW hands down. There really wasnt anyone else even close. The Falcons went on to win 66 to 44 against the Titans.

POTW Runner Up -- Felix Jones: 193 yards rushing with 2 TD's.

Bust of the Week

Vince Young -- Vy's debut as a Bronco didn't start so well. Vince threw for 183 yards and a touchdown, but threw 4 picks. The Chiefs scored all their points in the 2nd quarter and beat the Broncos 17 to 7.

At the end of the season, I will go back back and count up how many times a certain player got awarded POTW, and that will determine our leagues Player of the Year, or MVP.

2. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

There should be a coach/executive of the year, too

3. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

I like it. Nice job.

Although the Player of the Year / MVP ... I think you may want to reconsider. With all the different users and players, there may be 3 players with 2 POTW awards tied for the lead.... and even then they might not even be the best player in the league.

The best player in the league could very well be one that was top 5 or top 10 in stats each week but never POTW....

Just a thought.

4. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

i agree, subkontraktor
    also, good choices this week

5. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

True. I will evaluate everyone at the end of the year and give it to the player who deserves it. But getting multiple player of the weeks awards will definitely help.

6. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I like this idea. This award wouldn't necessarily go to the owner with the best record and stats, but more towards the owner who takes a not so elite team to the playoffs. Also a owner who was able to make good draft picks that helped their team win.

7. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Glad to hear it, maybe I could do that at the end of the year.
    We should organize a vote for that, because naturally, I want to win it :)

8. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

So you will only count these for PVP games right?

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Yup.