Week 1: Raiders 42 Titans 41

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by savaunte, Aug 28, 2010.

1. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Aug 29, 2009
    Week 1: Raiders 42 Titans 41

Wow...wow...I didnt expect this type of game. Actually, I expected to lose big...I didnt have much confidence in my offense to score many points. Im also disappointed on how many points my defence gave up...wow.

Titans tried to ride their stud RB C.Johnson to victory but the Raiders D was able to corral him, giving up 61 yds on 17 carries. This was good for the Raiders, what was bad was the 111 receiving yards Johnson put up.

Titans D came to play though as CB Finnegan picked off a Campbell pass and scored the games first TD. Raiders answered with a 5 yd TD catch by RB M.Bush in the 2nd quarter. Titans RB J.Ringer scored from 9 yds out. Just before half D.Mcfadden caught an 8 yd pass for a TD. 14-14 at the half.

Raiders get hot in the 3rd, scoring 21 points total. A 50 yd and a 19 yd runs by D.Mcfadden and a 75 yd catch and run by WR Chaz Schilens. Titans added two TDs, a 10 TD catch by WR K.Britt and a 2yd run by QB V.Young.

Start of the 4th, the Titans D stepped up again when DB V.Fuller picked off an errant pass and took it 34 yds for the score. Unfortunatly the kicker missed the PA so instead of a tie score the Titans were still down by 1 point. Raiders managed to score another TD to try and put the game away by going up by 8 but the Titans werent done and their stud RB C.Johnson wasnt done. As Young was rolling out to his right he found Johnson coming across the field with a LB on his back, Young threw the ball to him anyways and Johnson made a great catch but then he made an even better run, eluding tacklers for a 54 yd TD. Titans would not go for 2, but instead kicked the PA to cut the lead back to 1 point. Titans stuff the Raiders on their next drive and then pro-bowl kicker Shane Lechler made a terrible punt giving the Titans the Ball almost at mid-field. With the Titans driving and looking for the TD Young was passing the ball, but his WR fumbled the ball at the 1 yd line with the Raiders recovering the ball and getting the WIN.

GG Ox GL rest of the season

Raiders injuries:
    R.Seymour out 4 weeks with Broken Ribs
    B.Westbrook out 2 weeks with Broken Jaw

Titans have no injuries