Week 1: Rams @ Lions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HarkTheSound, Sep 20, 2012.

1. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

The Detroit Lions opened the 2012 season with a win as they knocked off the St. Louis Rams 31-17 Sunday afternoon.

QB Matt Stafford looked as if he was in mid-season form already as he completed 21 of 26 passes for 357 yards and 3 TDs with no turnovers. Surprisingly, the Lions also ran the ball pretty well considering they are such a pass-dominant offense as HB Jahvid Best ran for 115 yards on just 15 carries.

On the defensive side of the ball, the Lions played pretty well, racking up 5 sacks. Ndamukong Suh recorded 2 sacks while also intercepting a pass. He isn't used in zone coverage much, if at all, so when he dropped back, it was obvious QB Sam Bradford wasn't expecting that as he threw the ball right to him.

At the end of the day, the Lions rely on their offense to produce and they did just that by gaining 498 total yards. They hope to reproduce that next Sunday night as they take on the 49ers.

GG recchem2000.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Suh's pick really was the turning point in this game as the Rams were driving the 2nd half kickoff deep into Lions territory. But that zone blitz got me. Score was 17-10 at the time. Your offense had me running circles. I couldn't stop much you were throwing at me. You played well. Good luck in the NFC North. HarkTheSound

• Like Like x 1