1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 1: Ravens (31) vs. Jets (24)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Aug 28, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Week 1: Ravens (31) vs. Jets (24)

Ravens Win Season Opener in a Defensive Battle

[​IMG]

The Ravens overcame a 17-0 deficit in the second quarter to open the season with a 31-24 win to open the season. The Ravens narrowed the score to 17-14 with less than a minute in the half, but backup quarterback Kellen Clemons hit Dustin Keller running down the side line with a beautiful 78 yard TD pass with only 6 seconds left in the half. The second half was like a heavyweight championship with both defenses playing the way everyone expected. The Jets had a few chances late to tie the score, but the Ravens defense stood strong. After the game Coach Link said he thought this was a great game and had nothing but respect for Coach Scikotic.

TEAM STATS

Ravens

Total Offense: 260
    Rushing: 37
    Passing: 223
    Time of Possession: 14:44

Jets

Total Offense: 319
    Rushing: 135
    Passing: 184
    Time of Possession: 17:16

PLAYER STATS

Ravens:
    J. Flacco: 15/29, 252 yds, 2 TD, 3 INT
    L. McClain: 2 att, 6 yds, 2 TD
    T. Heap: 4 rec, 69 yds, TD

Jets:
    M. Sanchez: 9/14, 114yds, 1 TD, 2 INT
    L. Tomilson: 4 att, 48 yds, TD
    S. Holmes: 6 rec, 103yds, TD

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Holy mackrel! Another upset. What a week!!!! Congrats web. . .you may be a force this year with that defense.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Thanks bud! YEA!

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

GG Web. It was a tough loss to take, given my first game as a Jets owner and my Stadium opener on Monday Night.

I just couldn't get any breaks in the 2nd half, those turnovers were killer. My guys just felt like fumbling right when I thought I would score. It hurt. Your defense was killer for you and battered my Oline around quite a bit. I'd say you are off to a great start so far.