Week 1 Recruiting Update

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by AJ Hart MN, Mar 25, 2011.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Recruit of the Week
    [​IMG]
    Thomas Jordan SS
    :4stars:

[​IMG]
    The Wolverines and coach Suge added a great talent in SS Thomas Jordan. He's got good size standing at 6'1" and 196lbs. He can run as evidenced by his B- Speed and B Acceleration but he can also lay a lick. He grades out with a B Tackle and B Hit Power. The thing that set's Jordan out is his coverage skills. He's a B- in Man Coverage and B in Zone Coverage. Given all these good traits, it's no wonder why he's rated as the 69th best prospect in the country.​
    Sleeper Recruit of the Week
    [​IMG]
    Rasheed Bush TE
    :3stars:
    [​IMG]
    We understand that Bush may never be up for the Heisman but with the type of air it out offense that coach Cougs is now running, a big talented TE can't hurt. He's got decent speed and strength will both of those attributes in the C+ range and he's got pretty good blocking skills. He'll probably need to be red-shirted and hopefully for coach Cougs sake, he develops more route running and ball catching skills. All in all, the head man in Atlanta has to be happy with this instant Commit.​
    Winners
    [​IMG]
    The Spartans had a great first week on the recruiting trails with 3 commits. :4stars:CB Steve Allen is a speedy corner that should cause havoc in the slower Big-10. :4stars:MLB James Leonard also has good speed and will fit with the new and hopefully for JC's sake, improved defense. They also landed another speed LB in :3stars:Aaron Gray. Again, JC is looking for speed and he found it in the first week.​
    [​IMG]
    Georgia was the only other team to start off the recruiting season in style. 3 instant commits has coach Fuzzy thinking he'll be able to turn around the Bulldog program sooner rather than later. :4stars:FS Steve Gatewood is not overly fast and although that may be a problem when lining up against the likes of Florida, Alabama and LSU, he can sure lay a lick when he get's his hands on you. He grades out in the B range in all the tackling categories so he does have that going for him. Another signing for the Bulldogs is :4stars:WR Will Doucette. Unlike Gatewood, Doucette has blazing speed as evidenced by his A rating. He's going to need to improve his catching ability (D+) if he's ever to become a big time player but he's got good route running, spectacular catching and catch in traffic skills. Georgia also signed :3stars:OT Ryan Bradley. He'll add depth to a team that really needed it.​
    Losers
    [​IMG]
    &
    [​IMG]
    Both South Carolina and Virginia are in rebuilding mode and neither was able to secure a commit during the first week of the season. Both need bodies and this season is crucial to the development of the program's. If the opening week is any indication, it could be another long season for both coach Charleston and coach Reechem.​

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Nice AJ, I like it! Allen is the best secondary recruit I've ever signed, which isn't saying a whole lot because I've never had much interest from any of them until this year.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

That guy totally looks like a Rasheed.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Maybe one of his parents is black?

5. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

yep this team is shit. Apparently everyone is scared to tackle and the offensive linemen are too busy eating bologna sandwiches to care about protecting the quarterback. Should've rethought taking over a team so far into a dynasty like this. What sucks is by the time I get them rebuilt we'll be switching to ncaa 12 so my motivation factor is pretty low right now. Guess I can try not to lose every game by fifty points for the duration of the league.

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Hey I feel your pain. In T1 I have pitt now even though they have been user controled they are in bad shape

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

AJ you going to continue with this? I thought it was a great addition.

8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Yeah, my bad man.. It's tough to do weekly as some weeks there aren't enough commits. I'll do a mid-season update either tomorrow or Tuesday after work.

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Not a problem, I just remembered this thread was around and wanted to see if you wanted to continue it.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I can do week 7 winners for you --- Penn State and ATH Dan Gross.